g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Just showed him at the end of the game rubbing Lacazette's chest smiling (I think... my stream disconnected right after). I'm sure he's okay.
Yeah I'm sure he'll be fine, no one particularly enjoys being sacrificed and missing out on the game of the season, but Martial is a smart lad and will understand.

Either that or he's off to Madrid.

Andersons Dietician

He played great today. He had more impact defensively maybe. He sort of slipped out of the game compared to the first 40 mins in an attacking influence when Jose shifted him out wide. After that he put in a defensive shift and did a Greta job getting back in and helping/protecting Ashley.

That flick to Lingard and then later that pass he slipped in to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Said it a few times but he's making the transition to being a top footballer. Can be one of the best players in the world especially if he keeps this up. So talented and also showing how creative he can be with his passing and plays too. Up there with any u23 player in the world IMO in terms of potential, and probably current level.

kotha

Should have taken off Lukaku instead of him.. Lukaku is big and strong but Arsenal CB's aren't like Stoke.. Martial would have been better with his hold up play..

Not like Lukaku was winning any headers.. Only reason might be,maybe Jose wanted lukaku on defending for the set pieces..

automaticflare

Martial was great today but shattered in the second half.

The touch through for lingard is absolutely so so fecking brilliant just shows how intelligent an attacker he is lingard didn't even have to break stride.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The hell is your problem? My nonsense opinion is said by others as much as yours is supported by others. Martial is a CF for me - that's the end of conversation. Same with rashford who has been wasted on the wings; he is also a CF.
Louis, you type English far better than you spoke it.

Devil may care

That assist did not get nearly enough love, had that been De Bruyne or Dele the commentary booth would have been drenched in man juice.

Another good outing from Martial, he's played himself into form and a starting spot.

RedStarUnited

That assist did not get nearly enough love, had that been De Bruyne or Dele the commentary booth would have been drenched in man juice.

Another good outing from Martial, he's played himself into form and a starting spot.
Yep that assist was absolutly incredible.

Duafc

Village Lemon
The lovely thing about the assist is he doesn’t just lay it sideways but really flicks it forward, doubt Jesse would have scored otherwise as he was under pressure.

Also thought the finish didn’t get enough credit, serious pressure from the CB and an on rushing cech, was a very cool and instinctive finish with his instep.

Last edited:

ash_86

He definitely is a second striker, no two ways about it. He got all the tools to be our own Hazard.

cyberman

Martial drifts though, I can see him in a free role playing between Delph and the CB. Like a CF but slightly wider.
He won't play down Walkers side because he hasn't the legs to get back imo. I can see Lukaku taking that on

Charlie Foley

I went with 6 as that's what's his profile on here says. Find it a bit weird saved shots equalling assists but whatever. I'm all for stat padding!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I went with 6 as that's what's his profile on here says. Find it a bit weird saved shots equalling assists but whatever. I'm all for stat padding!
Yeah it's weird but that's what official UEFA websites say, so why not :D

T A

He's okay with the substitution, at least with Jose. When he was just off the pitch, the manager walked towards him tending a consolation, Martial looked back, shook Jose's hands with his right hand also a left-handed gentle touch around the Portuguese's waist. It's not a gesture of angriness

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's okay with the substitution, at least with Jose. When he was just off the pitch, the manager walked towards him tending a consolation, Martial looked back, shook Jose's hands with his right hand also a left-handed gentle touch around the Portuguese's waist. It's not a gesture of angriness
People read too much into body language. He was probably upset as any player who wants to be part of such a good game would be. Ultimately, I think he understands because he's seeing way more starts than he used to. He's one of the most important players on this team who's the most in form. He needs to work on his stamina to be able to keep the pressure throughout the entire game, and until then Mourinho will keep subbing him early since he does show more often than not signs of fatigue in the second half.

haram

Mourinho used to sub Ozil all the time as well. It's not a problem.

Ban

:lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think in theory it makes sense.
Sort of like getting fouled before a peno.
The chance is created by a player taking a shot too hot for the GK to handle.

Womp

idiot
Did they continue their embrace in private after the game, by any chance?

yfoFC

Are the mods gonna change his stat or are we going with 6 assists on redcafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.