6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number1

It was obvious that when Sanchez was signed Martial was going to play on the right. Sanchez hasn't played on the right since 2013/2014 and he has shown his best football on the left or as a striker. Sanchez is arguably our best outfield player and there is no way Jose was going to play him on the right.
It's something Martial needs to come to terms with.
Exactly, it's modern day football. Players have got to be able and willing to play in a few positions for the team and do each one equally as efficient.

If people feel Martial is only able to play on the left, well that's not good is it? Especially since he's still raw himself on the left, he has to adapt for the team, not the other way around.

Toddler

It is ridiculous how people are here bashing Martial for yesterdays game when every single one of our players were dog shite collectively. We had one or two good attacking displays and Martial was part of them both. Oh and how was Sanchez, he must be very bad since he was Imo not better than Martial. Nobody was good.

Get a grip.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not the best player for us last night but certainly not the worst. He looks so much more comfortable on the left than on the right which is funny given that we apparently signed him to play out on the right (Another one of van Gaal's crazy ideas)

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
He's done everything that has been asked of him by Jose. Come into this season and plays unbelievably well to be then shoved out to the right when Sanchez arrives.

I don't like that.

Data

He's done everything that has been asked of him by Jose. Come into this season and plays unbelievably well to be then shoved out to the right when Sanchez arrives.

I don't like that.
Looks like we have to get used to that
Under Mou ..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Rumours are he isn't happy with Martial again and is making him the scapegoat for defeat. Will take it with a pinch of salt, but would not be surprised at all if that ends up being true. Was worried as soon as Sanchez comes in and wants to play down the left, Martial is going to be put on the bench.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rumours are he isn't happy with Martial again and is making him the scapegoat for defeat. Will take it with a pinch of salt, but would not be surprised at all if that ends up being true. Was worried as soon as Sanchez comes in and wants to play down the left, Martial is going to be put on the bench.
Rumours where?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He did not play exclusively on the right in the first half, he was rotating.
The article is a load of crap.
Pretty sure he'll start tomorrow.

Andrew~

If you watch this kid, you can tell he has a lot of talent, but right now he needs a lot of coaching. He isn't always reading situations right and ends up making bad decisions. And he also needs to be a little bit more tenacious when he struggles.

He's got the basic things like the touch, dribbling, finish and intelligence. He needs refining though.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The micro analysis of Martial is tiresome.

His performance in line with his teammates was below par vs Spurs. But that period between the two goals, he was arguably our most threatening player.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Of all the people he could scapegoat for that defeat, Martial would be the unlikely one. He fecking yanked Pogba at the 60 minute mark which he's never done and Jones had a terrible game.

haram

Lets not start this bullshit about Mourinho and Martial again.

E-mal

This is my view about Mourinho and Martial/in general young players;
He doesn't trust them like say a fergie or Wenger would and that stems from the fact that Mourinho has never been the type to stay for too long or has never been trusted to stay and build a club.
No matter how many goals he scores he isn't the type to force things or a fighter if you like, the kind Mourinho prefers. So it doesn't matter how he does, one poor game and Mourinho begins to remember why he didn't warm up to him in the first place. It's not that he dislikes him either, is just that he is not his kind of footballer.
Personally myself Martial frustrates me alot, but perhaps is because I expect much more from him.
Am pretty sure he will be permemently back to the bench in the course of the season.
In general this is not some reaction to the Spurs game but I feel (and strictly my opinion ) they have never hit it off or don't trust each other and sincerely I don't think they will last.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If Mourinho had no trust in Martial, he wouldn't have started the Spurs game.

Mourinho has eyes. He's seen that Martial has been better than Rashford the past few months and has rewarded him with an extended run in the side. Whether that'll continue remains to be seen but there's no 'vendetta' against Martial.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If Mourinho had no trust in Martial, he wouldn't have started the Spurs game.

Mourinho has eyes. He's seen that Martial has been better than Rashford the past few months and has rewarded him with an extended run in the side. Whether that'll continue remains to be seen but there's no 'vendetta' against Martial.
Yeah, he's consistently featured for us this season so it's clear Mourinho does rate him to a certain extent.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's no vendetta against him, from us or Jose. If someone fecks up something important, it gonna get mentioned. Martial is an important position and sometimes doesn't offer enough there, despite his return. Jose knows the score. He wants him to do better, and not just every now and then when a dribble really comes off. Over the whole game and consistently.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah, he's consistently featured for us this season so it's clear Mourinho does rate him to a certain extent.
He even said that he's happy with how Martial has improved and now is "ready to explode".

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Martial must be thinking in his head about leaving United. He has been playing great on the left the last couple of days and once we signed Sanchez, he is shifted to the right and benched. I feel Mourinho has not gotten the best of this situation tactically and man management wise.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As expected he's dislodged from the LW position despite having a terrific season. I wish Jose rated him as highly as he seems to rate Lukaku.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
As expected he's dislodged from the LW position despite having a terrific season. I wish Jose rated him as highly as he seems to rate Lukaku.
Or lingard. Yes he plays martial a lot but the fact is that martial has harsh treatment. Doesn't make any sense to bench a player after one bad game in which whole squad was bad and half of the match he played on wrong position.
If real or psg come with big offer i fear that jose will sell him.

Manny

Grammar Police
I hope he's been dropped.

I thought he played a huge part in our centre mids getting over run against Spurs.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Looks like Sanchez arrival might really affect both Martial and Rachford. Not an overreaction but just an observation.

Normally if Martial has a poor game and he's dropped, Mourinho brings in Rashford for the next game to occupy that LW position. They can't play together also because Mourinho sees that as unbalanced.

So what happen when there is a third option on the left, especially one Mourinho prefers? They both get benched.

Mourinho doesn't really fancy playing either anywhere but on the left and now has Sanchez which is kind of a bad news for those 2. Normally it shouldn't have been a problem with Sanchez around but it seems Mou is bent on playing him on the left but also at the same time doesn't fact playing either of Martial or Rashford anywhere else but the right which brings us to this current situation.

Essentially Sanchez has come to replace them for that left wing position. Unless they could manage to perform on the right which is looking unlikely then they better hope Mou switch Sanchez in another position.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Also benching someone for 1 bad performance after an excellent run of form is confidence denting. No player goes 40 or 50 games straight a season putting in brilliant performances one after the other without any duds in between.

This scenario keeps the player playing with something always in the back of his mind which isn't ideal.

It's also quite funny seeing what were our 2 best players in January dropped after 1 performance(well Pogba didn't do that we'll against Burnley either but he was still one of our most standout performer in Jan).

_TraLaLa_

If I was him i would be looking for a new team in the summer and most importantly a team with attacking manager with who to work on patterns of moving in attacking positions.

BIGbadBOO4

If I was Martial I would be seriously thinking about going. He is not trusted by Jose. Lukaku loses the ball and makes mistakes all the time yet never gets subbed or dropped. Jose has a fault that he has certain players he trusts and they get special treatment to others. Until recently Pogba was unstoppable and was aloud to have poor performances without fear of being dropped. Yes at times martial is a little frustrating but you can see other teams having 2 or 3 men on him as they fear him.

jungledrums

I hope he's been dropped.

I thought he played a huge part in our centre mids getting over run against Spurs.
But Sanchez, Lukaku and lingard were exceptional hey? Not to mention the trash performances from our actual centre mids. Moronic post.

Number1

Deserved to be dropped after his recent 'performances' and i highlight the word 'performances'.

Manny

Grammar Police
He stuck out wide allowing Dier and Dembele to press high up the pitch and pounce on loose balls. He never offered a threat behind them to get them watching over their shoulder and relieve the pressure on our midfield.

Lingard and Sanchez offered pressing and work rate, Martial offered very little.
But Sanchez, Lukaku and lingard were exceptional hey? Not to mention the trash performances from our actual centre mids. Moronic post.
Lovely...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He stuck to the wings allowing Dier and Dembele to press high up the pitch and pounce on loose balls. He never offered a threat behind them to get them watching over their shoulder and relieve the pressure on our midfield.

Lovely...
Sure thing. That definitely had nothing to do with the manager's instructions/tactics.

He wasnt even that bad mid-week. In fact he was one of our most threatening players in the first half when we played some good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.