Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not about this match, it's the theme in general. And heck, it's not only about Martial. Mata was available too. Mikhi didn't provide that much apart from his through ball to Rashford. There was still time for José to bring in another attacking player.

We're chasing a goal. We have one substitute left to make. We have one of two options in Martial and Mata… he uses neither.
So? He didn't use 3rd sub, big deal. Like I said, it's just the first game of the season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No because Mourinho doesn't fully trust since his arrival and because I've thought all summer long he was gonna be sold. This match has feck all to do with it.
Exactly. I don't get why people are erasing all of last year in regards to this.

RedStarUnited

Let me guess he's finished at the club and will be sold as he didn't come off the bench?

Shut the feck up Caf idiots.

We only have so many subs. Rashford came on, did well and got us back into the game. Still a big part for Martial to play so give the cry baby antics a rest.

The season begins Sunday.
We had one un used sub today....

roonster09

Scout
So everytime Martial doesn't play we have to read all this shit again and again?

roonster09

Scout
I know it's pitiful.

Martial wants to stay and is happy. Mourinho says he wants him but the Caf thinks he's off.
Yeah, people love to moan about everything.

Player didn't play in the first game of the season? Better cry about how mean Jose is.

rooney2009

We are going to fall out of love with Morinho if he keeps treating creative players like Martial like this

RedStarUnited

Yeah, people love to moan about everything.

Player didn't play in the first game of the season? Better cry about how mean Jose is.
Whats hard to understand that people would have prefered he came on that us ignoring a sub?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Our wingers are very inconsistent. He will get game a lot of game time. Just needs to take his chances.

We do need a winger, but if not, then him and Rashford be nice to see.
why is he under more pressure than everyone else? Miki and lingard put in sub par performances all the time yet Jose still gives them multiple chances. Martial barely has a chance and then he's under severe pressure when he gets one. How is that productive? How is that helping the lad? It's poor poor management by Jose. I reckon Martial doesn't kiss his ass enough and that's the problem for Jose - the lad doesn't cater to his ridiculous ego.

Skills

Snitch
Just send him on loan. There's a pretty decent chance Mourinho will get sacked within the next 2 seasons, so he can learn his craft and come back to a manager who will use him.

Shuriken

So? He didn't use 3rd sub, big deal. Like I said, it's just the first game of the season.
It's not a big deal, that's the point. So why not just take a gamble and sub him or Mata on? Not like we had anything to lose.

Bwuk

We should be playing two upfront, and Martial should be starting.

He's a better footballer than Rashford and Lukaku.

AXVnee7

He should be picked against West Ham. I understand why Jose picked Lingard but it backfired. I would start Martial, over even Rashford for the League game on that left flank.

roonster09

Scout
Whats hard to understand that people would have prefered he came on that us ignoring a sub?
Repeating again, he didn't use the third sub, so what? This is first game of the season. If he isn't playing regularly when we are into the season then yes, it's a concern. But now, it's crying over nothing.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think what some people don't grasp is how telling the context of Mou refusal to use him even as a sub in this game is.

So here we are chasing a game, needing to score. There is still time, normally manager would rather throw the kitchen sink and pump everything they've got. We have attacking option in Martial on the bench needing a goal yet he get ignored as we watch the game come to an end.

That's all that need be said. Mourinho doesn't rate him and Martial knows it by now as should everyone else.

roonster09

Scout
It's not a big deal, that's the point. So why not just take a gamble and sub him or Mata on? Not like we had anything to lose.
Why don't you think Jose took the gamble and thought the team that was on the field was his best chance to get equalizer?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Strange not throwing him on to try and nick a goal I suppose.

I didn't expect him to start vs Madrid. Mourinho probably feared the prospects of going toe-to-toe with them and wanted a bit more safety, therefore opting for the 3-5-2.

Will be interesting whether he starts vs West Ham but I don't think Mourinho trusts him.

Ra5hid

Its such a shame, its obvious he is way down the pecking order, add another attacker and persist with a midfield 3 martial's playing time will be severely limited. He gets minutes and he has to become exceptional yet rashford and lingard get all the minutes. Its going to be the same this season and then he will leave.

roonster09

Scout
I think what some people don't grasp is how telling the context of Mou refusal to use him even as a sub in this game is.

So here we are chasing a game, needing to score. There is still time, normally manager would rather throw the kitchen sink and pump everything they've got. We have attacking option in Martial on the bench needing a goal yet he get ignored as we watch the game come to an end.

That's all that need be said. Mourinho doesn't rate him and Martial knows it by now.
We did exactly that.

So everytime any player don't play, people will post the same posts again and again? Even Mata didn't play today.

What people don't grasp is, this is just a start of the season. We have plenty of games to play, it's just outrage over nothing. When we had 14 players who played and lot to analyze, it's shame people cry over a player who didn't play.

devips

When Mourinho thinks it fit to play Martial, he will play. Simple really.

roonster09

Scout
You lots are simply hopeless aren't you? :lol:
You lots? Not sure what are on you about. If you think I'm some sort of hater, then you are free to check my posts on Martial. Just that I don't cry when he doesn't play.

liamp

Would expect him to start vs West Ham. Not particularly arsed about this, although he'll definitely be upset that he didn't get any game time tonight.

RedStarUnited

Repeating again, he didn't use the third sub, so what? This is first game of the season. If he isn't playing regularly when we are into the season then yes, it's a concern. But now, it's crying over nothing.
How many games are you will to ignore it for?

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
I'm not sure if Mou doesn't rate Martial or he was protecting him from wilting under the supposed pressure of this match.

Because as good as I think Martial is he is in equal measure a pu**y.
:confused:
Not sure what you mean. When has Martial acted like one? And also does Jose really protect players, especially from pressure of playing?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm a bit bewildered by his handling at this stage. Starts what, 1 game in pre season? Despite playing well in general.

I don't really see what Mourinho is trying to achieve anymore, i really don't. But i have accepted that Mourinho isn't going to get Martial playing to his full potential. He doesn't have the patience or the "arm round the shoulder approach".

We've all witnessed some mercurial talents come through at United over the years, we've seen how Fergie handled them, we know what is required. Mourinho just doesn't have it in him.

Clique

I'm a bit bewildered by his handling at this stage. Starts what, 1 game in pre season? Despite playing well in general.

I don't really see what Mourinho is trying to achieve anymore, i really don't. But i have accepted that Mourinho isn't going to get Martial playing to his full potential. He doesn't have the patience or the "arm round the shoulder approach".

We've all witnessed some mercurial talents come through at United over the years, we've seen how Fergie handled them, we know what is required. Mourinho just doesn't have it in him.

While I agree with the content in general, he is giving a lot of opportunities to Rashford.. I guess it's more to do with Mourinho's ability to handle soft characters, as Martial seems to be, than an issue with patience.

legball

While I agree with the content in general, he is giving a lot of opportunities to Rashford.. I guess it's more to do with Mourinho's ability to handle soft characters, as Martial seems to be, than an issue with patience.
There's no evidence to prove that Martial is a "soft" character though. He was strong enough to carry us most of the time during a shit season under LVG & scored a lot of decisive goals too, at this point, only Jose knows why he is doing what he's doing, it's strange and doesn't make sense.

snk123

There's no evidence to prove that Martial is a "soft" character though. He was strong enough to carry us most of the time during a shit season under LVG & scored a lot of decisive goals too, at this point, only Jose knows why he is doing what he's doing, it's strange and doesn't make sense.
He doesn't track back as often. This is the only thing Mourinho wants in a winger it seems.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
He said he wanted to stay here longer.
'In some moments I don’t understand a few things, but that doesn’t change my fantastic feeling about the Premier League. 'I’m very, very happy. If somebody tells me I’m going to make ten years at Chelsea, I would say yes. 'I’m happy to be a part of this new Chelsea, and hopefully I can stay for many years.

legball

I don't know why people are surprised, it's Jose Mourinho, he has done this with a lot of players in the past. Martial will never be a regular or an important player under him, accept it and make peace with yourself, I have. It's the slander of the young man by United fans that I hate. A tweet few lines above called him a pussy, one said he's a soft character, but there's no shred of evidence backing these claims, it's just people trying to justify a managers' decision by all means. He's a good player and a good lad (everything Andy Mitten has written points to this and he's close to the squad). Mourinho, for whatever reason simply doesn't fancy him, it's that simple, but it's a shame as the alternative is Lingard, who offers nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.