5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

That shot was satisfying as hell, so sharp and solid into the goal.

Silenced the Emirates!

OldTrevil

Love that he got a taste of goal again, now go on a run you beautiful, black glove wearing, defender terrorizing, no smilling, badge pointing assassin :wenger:

Jeffthered

Absolutely love him. He is a lethal finisher, he doesn't miss chances like that ever.
FFS... he couldn't miss!!!! If professional players cannot score that chance, then we may as well go watch Sunday league.

He has beguiled many on here man... he was v v sloppy when he came on, created nothing and scored a tap in. He slows the game down, cuts inside and looks for some short pass, without any real intent..

Sanchez continues his form, then sorry, Martial is back on the Judi (Dench). Sanchez brings far more to the game. Far more.

KennyBurner

He was very sloppy but you could just tell he was brought on to kill the game. He is very possession orientated and never rushes things. Its fine in this game given the context (winning and playing away) but against burnley I want to see him force the issue more down the right.

Also could be down to fatigue and time of the game but when martial and rashford came on arsenal suddenly could get any shot at Romero. They are just so Physically rampant and need constant attention. Martial got down their byline at least 2 or 3 times if I remember correctly.

On another note Im so delighted at the options we have. Isn't it nice to know we could bring on killers when we feel like it?

Canagel

FFS... he couldn't miss!!!! If professional players cannot score that chance, then we may as well go watch Sunday league.

He has beguiled many on here man... he was v v sloppy when he came on, created nothing and scored a tap in. He slows the game down, cuts inside and looks for some short pass, without any real intent..

Sanchez continues his form, then sorry, Martial is back on the Judi (Dench). Sanchez brings far more to the game. Far more.
It was harder finish than it looked. Someone like lukaku may have skyed it.
The rest of your post is just a car crash

Frank Grimes

I thought it was a nice clean finish. There was a spell where he kept giving the ball away after he came on, don't know what he was doing. Hopefully that goal will give him the confidence to play better in the next few weeks.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Martial is frustrating in the sense he goes from absolute killer to dawdling around in a space of 30 seconds.

1 moment he's blasting down the outside of a fullback giving them no chance, other times he's going at walking pace and moving the ball slowly.

If he can adjust his tempo and be the killer 90% of the time he'd be so difficult to stop.

I think that's just his personality though, he's laid back and chilled. He needs to get wound up before he hulks out.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

I don’t know what’s your issue with him but any professional players have missed that especially playing in away game. It’s about being composed and that finish was cool like cucumber.

He was a bit sloppy in the first minute when he just came on but probably wasn’t warming up enough, but you acted like that he’s been consistently sloppy this season while Sanchez has been on form. Sanchez continue what form? He’s been out of form and has a lot of things to prove himself now if he wants to start. Martial has been one of our best attacker this season, better form, offer more pace, and beats more players.

macheda14

Would have been quicker to write ‘bench’.

Trizy

10 goals in 25 games in a fantastic return for a winger.

Hazard is the inform winger in the world at the moment and has 13 in 27 games to put it into prespective. Not bad given that one of them played in a Jose team.

Aloysius's Back 3

:lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Is it really the time to criticize Martial here? Sure he was utter garbage in the general play (for example losing the ball 3 times in the space of 5 minutes) but he was brought on to add some fresh legs and make our counter attacks more potent. He did his job and so that's a job well done from him.

Jeffthered

Listen, I get it... you cannot mention Martial on here without taking some criticism. I worry when some state his goal was difficult. I mean come on.. can you imagine if he had missed?

I like Martial, but he can and should offer much, much more. I want United to be absolutely competitive, and that's why I question aspects of his game. Less dribbling, more pace, power and keeping things simple and direct.

I really hope he listens to Ole/Phelan etc.. because he needs to.

InfiniteBoredom

‘Cannot mention Martial on here without taking criticisms’

10 immediate posts after the match from different people said his general play was wank.

This ain’t it, chief.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax

This has to be a wum.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
‘Cannot mention Martial on here without taking criticisms’

10 immediate posts after the match from different people said his general play was wank.

This ain’t it, chief.
Are you suggesting that the hysterical nature of the post was the issue?

Posh Red

Listen, I get it... you cannot mention Martial on here without taking some criticism. I worry when some state his goal was difficult. I mean come on.. can you imagine if he had missed?

I like Martial, but he can and should offer much, much more. I want United to be absolutely competitive, and that's why I question aspects of his game. Less dribbling, more pace, power and keeping things simple and direct.

Wonder why Ole keeps selecting him if he’s ignoring all of his instructions? Weird

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

You really have no idea how Ole wants him to play, you are just guessing.

edgar allan

Martial is frustrating in the sense he goes from absolute killer to dawdling around in a space of 30 seconds.

1 moment he's blasting down the outside of a fullback giving them no chance, other times he's going at walking pace and moving the ball slowly.

If he can adjust his tempo and be the killer 90% of the time he'd be so difficult to stop.

I think that's just his personality though, he's laid back and chilled. He needs to get wound up before he hulks out.
Rashford has the starting place tied down so he will be competing with Sanchez and Lukaku for a place.
He was very sloppy and a bit lazy when he came on but he has been doing enough to keep his place for now. If Sanchez builds on yesterdays performance he could have serious competition though.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Why aren't thread ban implemented on these boards. I mean when it cones to obvious agenda poster, it would help curtail derailment of threads and keep threads clean.

Some posts are just either obvious wum or filled with agendas that I can't help but think that certain posters need to be kept away from certain threads.

edgar allan

Why aren't thread ban implemented on these boards. I mean when it cones to obvious agenda poster, it would help curtail derailment of threads and keep threads clean.

Some posts are just either obvious wum or filled with agendas that I can't help but think that certain posters need to be kept away from certain threads.
People are entitled to think that he is; world class, not so good or somewhere in between. I don't see what your problem is?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
10 goals in 25 games in a fantastic return for a winger.

Hazard is the inform winger in the world at the moment and has 13 in 27 games to put it into prespective. Not bad given that one of them played in a Jose team.
Hazard also has 10x as many assists to put it into perspective. Hazard is on a completely different level to him.

Spotkick

Great player,wouldn’t kill him to smile once in a while though..fecking hell

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

You talk a lot about agendas and banning posters but then continue with your own agenda of Martial never doing anything bad and the best thing since slice bread. It's a bit rich, maybe posters who are firmly lodged up Martial's ass should also be thread banned?

UncleBob

Not sure why some are giving him stick after last night. We bring on Martial and Rashford to get fresh legs and more pace on the counter to hopefully hurt Arsenal when they push further up to get 2-2. Point wasn't to bomb forward and commit too many players, giving Arsenal space to counter attack us, but to stay a bit conservative, patient, and then bomb forward when the chance presents itself, which it did.

Fair do's, if people think Lukaku and Sanchez have performed well enough to displace Martial and/or Rashford then by all means, I'd strongly disagree though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rashford has the starting place tied down so he will be competing with Sanchez and Lukaku for a place.
He was very sloppy and a bit lazy when he came on but he has been doing enough to keep his place for now. If Sanchez builds on yesterdays performance he could have serious competition though.
Sanchez finished his goal well and I hope that gives him confidence but the goal aside the fullback had the measure of him.

Raven

Hazard also has 10x as many assists to put it into perspective. Hazard is on a completely different level to him.
Martial's created over 35 chances this season. Not saying he's as good or better than Hazard, but I suggest you have a look at their stats since Martial joined United.

Aloysius's Back 3

Martial isn't a LW.

He is only playing there because he is better than Rashford, Lingard & even Sanchez as a winger. Hell, I think his debut goal against Liverpool where he took on 3 defenders on the left channel has made people assume that playing him at LW is the best to way to make him progress here.

His dribbling ability is overrated by many fans here - whilst his ability to drop deep, initiate play, make short passes & his finishing is underrated by a lot of fans. He isn't a great crosser either - so what exactly makes people think that LW is going to get the best out of him?

Yesterday he came on & made some few errors by losing the ball - that was not his fault; that was him trying to take on his man & dribble past the defenders as a makeshift LW would. He isn't going to get any better at that. How were his crosses? Not that great either.

When people complain about Martial's performances - it's irritating that they refuse to see that martial is not a proper LW & that he is playing in a position that shows off his weaknesses more often than his strengths.

The same thing happened with Rashford last year. He got played as a winger - all the fans complained about his performances & how he is not good enough for united - giving up because as a winger Rashford only played to 60-75% of his ability as any player in their wrong positions would.

Martial needs to play as a LF, a SS or a False nine. Playing him out wide & making him take on the RB & the RCB is only going to lead to his game being inconsistent.

Funny thing is - Martial was likened to Thierry Henry in the way he plays - who was inconsistent as a LW trying to take on the fullbacks & crossing all failing; but he got turned to a ST that would use the left channel especially on the counter at Arsenal & became deadly as hell. Martial has gone the other way - turning from a striker to a LW instead.

Ole knows what he is doing anyway- using the false nine of Lingard with Martial & Rashford on sides is just the start. Martial will take Lingards spot as the false nine, Rashford will take Martial's spot as the LF (not LW) whilst someone like Greenwood can play as the RF next year.

Canagel

You talk a lot about agendas and banning posters but then continue with your own agenda of Martial never doing anything bad and the best thing since slice bread. It's a bit rich, maybe posters who are firmly lodged up Martial's ass should also be thread banned?
It's very obvious that some postsers are vrry confused and quite frankly have no idea what they want. When Martial played well without scoring they lamented his end product . When he gives them end product they lash out at his general game. The kid can do nothing right. The definition of agenda posting.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People are entitled to think that he is; world class, not so good or somewhere in between. I don't see what your problem is?
And what part of my post says that people aren't entitled to their opinions.

Did you just read my post and what you got from that was me restricting people's opinions.

If I must repeat myself, I'm clearly talking about agenda posters who happen to be very obvious, and such posters need to be kept away from threads they clearly aren't contributing anything constructive but instead needless pettiness because they happen to have an agenda. It's something made very clear in the earlier post you quoted.

Gomes

If I must repeat myself, I'm clearly talking about agenda posters who happen to be very obvious, and such posters need to be kept away from threads they clearly aren't contributing anything constructive but instead needless pettiness because they happen to have an agenda. It's something made very clear in the earlier post you quoted.
And that's the perfect description of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.