Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

For what it's worth;

He is clearly talented but...
So he was a difficult teenager and probably made a few silly mistakes. Cool - so are an incredible amount of people who grow up to be perfectly successful.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
Those players weren't there last season, atleast for liverpool.
All I'm saying is if a coach needs to spend a billion to create his squad then that squad Isn't AVERAGE, if he could do it with average players then why didn't he do it with the squad he already had at his disposal which by the way already was worth way too much compared to other teams, and who said anything about Klopp? They won nothing last season just like us so I don't his point.

CA1

Not arsed about his general intelligence, there are loads of thick footballers.

The biggest issue is his lack of footballing intelligence.

Ljungster

Who knows but I think it's not easy being a young player in any of the top teams in world football. Real, Barca, Bayern et al have some top young players on their benchs who would probably start if they were elsewhere. If Martial leaves goes to any top team, there is the likelihood that it would be the same position.
The other option is he goes to the tier below to get more game time but those teams haven't got 70m to spend on a player.

He is stuck and he knows it.....best he can hope for a swap deal where the figures don't need to add up in the same way. Maybe Willan and he goes the other way?
This is my take on it as well. It seems that every young player at United complains of lack of game time and yet we hear nothing from the likes of Real where they have Vasquez, Isco, Asensio and Ceballos all on the bench. Most of them don't complain in public but instead wait for their chance and grab it. Just look at Isco, he would have walked into pretty much any other midfield in the world but he stayed for pretty much 2-3 seasons on Real's bench before taking the chance and cementing himself as a starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
All I'm saying is if a coach needs to spend a billion to create his squad then that squad Isn't AVERAGE, if he could do it with average players then why didn't he do it with the squad he already had at his disposal which by the way already was worth way too much compared to other teams, and who said anything about Klopp? They won nothing last season just like us so I don't his point.
Don't you think reaching the UCL final is a good achievement? With that squad? They were in the game until Karius fecked up.

OldSchoolManc

The long and short of it is that Martial isn’t doing himself any favours.
We aren’t going to play him with that attitude and nobody will buy him for his market price either.
He really is in limbo until he changes his mentality.
If it’s not his mentality, then he really has regressed and he is messing up our attacks with no movement and misplaced passes.

Ole90+3

So he was a difficult teenager and probably made a few silly mistakes. Cool - so are an incredible amount of people who grow up to be perfectly successful.
You can't compare an 'incredible amount of people' to professional footballers who are largely spoilt, overpaid and out of touch with reality.

Martial will be 23 at the end of the year - if he hasn't developed discipline a manager needs of him at this stage then it's likely he never will. It's obvious Mourinho hasn't got through to him in 2 years so it's really best to part ways. We're just letting the player and clubs know that we're not going to be forced into selling for anything less than what we think his market value is - which is a refreshing change to how we've dealt with outgoings in the past.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For what it's worth his youth coaches say the opposite.

Coops73

He looks disinterested which I know he rarely looks full of beans but I fear he may not have the bollocks for a fight, there’s talk of Spurs being interested but would you pick him ahead of of Son, Erickson, Dele or Kane? Not for me, get a good price for him and get someone in who wants to be here.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
We should be accepting Barca's bid of around £65M and looking to bid for Martial at around £90m. a £30mish outlay to swap those two players over is a no brainer.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He looks disinterested which I know he rarely looks full of beans but I fear he may not have the bollocks for a fight, there’s talk of Spurs being interested but would you pick him ahead of of Son, Erickson, Dele or Kane? Not for me, get a good price for him and get someone in who wants to be here.
Does he? All the pre-season stuff the club have been putting on social media seems to show him being heavily involved and looking happy. He's posting United stuff on his own social media too, which he wasn't doing all that much in the 2nd half of last season.

He may still want to leave, but I don't see him looking disconnected from the team at all.

JoaquinJoaquin

Does he? All the pre-season stuff the club have been putting on social media seems to show him being heavily involved and looking happy. He's posting United stuff on his own social media too, which he wasn't doing all that much in the 2nd half of last season.

He may still want to leave, but I don't see him looking disconnected from the team at all.
Something is off with him if you have watched the first 2 games on Tour. Can't quite put my finger on what it is but he just looks shot. I'd be looking at the offers for him I think if I was Woodward or whoever deals with outgoings. I'm not saying sell him, but if we were to get a very big offer I think it should be considered.

Coops73

I don’t know what he gets up to on social media and how that translates into how happy he is but certainly on the pitch, for me, it doesn’t look like he can be arsed and not just in preseason, most of last season too.

I could be wrong, I don’t know what he’s really thinking or feeling but I think he needs to show a lot more in the games he plays because he isn’t going to get ahead of Lukaku, Sanchez or even Rashford playing like he has been in my opinion.

Dr. StrangeHate

A really bad and disappointing showing from Martial.

If he wants to leave, and a club offers us something near what we value him, I'd take it and sell.

We've lost better players and survived and he's stagnated since he's arrived.
The issue as we are seeing in this window is that all the better players are spoken for. We can't even get the full backs we need, I don't expect us to be able to replace Martial in the 2 weeks that remain, unless you consider Sanchez the replacement.

VanGaalyTime

If we can get 80 to 100m for him then fine let him leave. We can then use the money for a signing such as Neymar, Dembele or Messi. That's the level we should meet .

cyberman

Feck off then so Anthony, there's a good lad.
Remember when certain Spurs fans claimed he wanted a move to their club? Good times.

Dr. StrangeHate

It's the first two games of pre-season for science sake. At least give him and the team the chance of playing a competitive game, after which I will join in on the meltdown.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I actually find it quite odd that when di Maria wanted to leave, he was called a snake. But now that Martial does, many seem like they'll shed a tear or two.

I like him a lot but if he isn't trying, then he can leave.

Denis79

He doesn't want to be here? Then there's no point keeping him is there? Sell and get someone who wants to be here and fight for his spot in the team. Don't see Rashford sulking and whining, Fellaini fighting for his spot, Blind and Darmian were/are both professional about it. What's this kid's problem?

I actually find it quite odd that when di Maria wanted to leave, he was called a snake. But now that Martial does, many seem like they'll shed a tear or two.

I like him a lot but if he isn't trying, then he can leave.
For a start Martial has not left yet, and has been here 3 years and counting. Secondly Di Maria clearly never wanted to come to Utd and got the first train out of here. He is a despicable snake - and that’s about the nicest thing I’ll ever say about him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
For a start Martial has not left yet, and has been here 3 years and counting. Secondly Di Maria clearly never wanted to come to Utd and got the first train out of here. He is a despicable snake - and that’s about the nicest thing I’ll ever say about him.
Di Maria even said that he wanted to go to PSG in his very first interview :lol::lol: No comparisons here

devil in me

He's as good as gone. If someone offers 50m, snap their hand off and invest it back into the squad. Its a case of 'what could've been' with him, but the fact that it hasnt worked out here is on him more than anyone else. He may go on and become a top player somewhere else, but equally his attitude could hold him back throughout his career (and I'd actually suggest that the later is the more likely). Its a shame, but lets be honest, he hasnt really improved with us since his first season.

Mark Pawelek

I don't know why he's being played at #9. #11 is, by far, his best position. Play him there and nowhere else. When last years' form comes back (after a few weeks) we'll get a few £80m, Xmas present, offers. Selling him for less than what he's worth is throwing money away.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
On the one hand, you have a player who didn't want to play for us. On the other, you have a player who doesn't want to play for us. One's a snake, the others a god.

In my opinion, neither are snakes and will do whatever is best for their careers and futures after football.

Canagel

I don't know why he's being played at #9. #11 is, by far, his best position. Play him there and nowhere else. When last years' form comes back (after a few weeks) we'll get a few £80m, Xmas present, offers. Selling him for less than what he's worth is throwing money away.
He can play as a 9. Problem is the team don't know how to play to his strengths. It's the same with Rashford. We have been playing with a target man for the last two years. Everything is infront of the defence. Under LVG we at least gave Martial and Rashford instructions to stretch teams with their pace and take on their defenders one on one. It's not happening with them now.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
On the one hand, you have a player who didn't want to play for us. On the other, you have a player who doesn't want to play for us. One's a snake, the others a god.

In my opinion, neither are snakes and will do whatever is best for their careers and futures after football.
Di Maria pretty much gave up after a few months, because he never really wanted to be here. If Martial’s giving up now, at least it’s been after 3 years.

Martial won our hearts due to his style of play and that one incredible season - Di Maria only ever frustrated us, topped off by getting the feck out as soon as he could.

Craig Ward

All well and good, but unless you advocate selling him at a loss. Then I don't see what we are doing wrong. He stays, or he gets sold for his market value. We will not be forced into it.

All this 'Just sell him he doesn't want to be here' is divorced from reality. The guy cost a good bit of money...
He has also under performed and isn't a regular starter...........he also wants to leave which naturally means a lower price

I'm not saying sell him for peanuts, but reality is we wont get 80+ like some suggestions....................

50 would do it

prath92

This entire thing is making it worse for him. Now the spotlight will be on him every game which is the last thing he needs.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If He truly couldn't be arsed in that pre-season game then He's at fault. He was left out of France NT which then went on to win the World Cup with fecking Giroud up front. There's no better eye-opener than that.

His situation at United isn't completely his fault though, Jose played a part, his agent played a part, it's a tricky situation. But trying to play shite in his pre-season games won't help his cause at all.

Still hope He'll stay but only if He wants it. If his head is elsewhere We shouldn't keep him because it won't add much to the squad and will only cause problems seeing the type of manager Jose is.

AshRK

He was touted as this generation's theirry henry but with each passing months he looks like this generation's anelka.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The player is to blame but I think it's pretty easy to see why he may have lost will/hope. It's entirely reasonable for him to want to leave given his age and the role he has in the team. Mourinho has been playing him in pre-season, yeah because half of our attacking options are on vacation. The second everyone is ready, it'll be Sanchez on the left wing, Lukaku up top and him fighting with Rashford to be the first sub off the bench, which is nowhere close to what either of them need right now. And he looks like a player who knows that is his situation. If he scored in every pre-season game as a striker, Lukaku would still take his spot.
So what you are saying is that because there are other players ahead of him in the pecking order (which I agree with), giving up is acceptable?
If it were me, I'd do everything I could to score a hat-trick in each of the pre-season games. I'd make people look up and pay notice. And after each of the hat-tricks I'd tell Jose who "the man" is. I'd also ask Jose to bench Lukaku and put me on instead. Jose loves that sort of confidence. He loves it when players stand and up be counted and show fight. Jose will be beaming ear to ear, if Martial did this.
I remember when Rojo clashed heads and was bleeding from his head. He ripped off his shirt, which was full of blood and wanted to continue playing (which he did). Jose was standing nearby and could not hide the joy he was feeling when he realised that he had a player who would run through brick walls for the cause.
The players who Jose tends not to get on with are those that give up at the first sign of difficulty. And this is what Martial is.
It just isn't in Martial's mentality to show fight, stand up and be counted. He is too laid back for Jose's style of management.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For what it's worth;

He is clearly talented but...
So, academically, he's well below average?

He was touted as this generation's theirry henry but with each passing months he looks like this generation's anelka.
Anelka wasn't bad and had a pretty good career. He racked up a lot of money in transfer fees, throughout his career.

AshRK

Anelka wasn't bad and had a pretty good career. He racked up a lot of money in transfer fees, throughout his career.
Never said anelka was bad but anelka could have achieved much more. He was super talented , in fact many thought he was better than henry when both were young but anelka like martial was a sulky figure. Martial has a choice , either to have anelka like career, which is good or have henry like career, which is awesome.

redIndianDevil

So what you are saying is that because there are other players ahead of him in the pecking order (which I agree with), giving up is acceptable?
If it were me, I'd do everything I could to score a hat-trick in each of the pre-season games. I'd make people look up and pay notice. And after each of the hat-tricks I'd tell Jose who "the man" is. I'd also ask Jose to bench Lukaku and put me on instead. Jose loves that sort of confidence. He loves it when players stand and up be counted and show fight. Jose will be beaming ear to ear, if Martial did this.
I remember when Rojo clashed heads and was bleeding from his head. He ripped off his shirt, which was full of blood and wanted to continue playing (which he did). Jose was standing nearby and could not hide the joy he was feeling when he realised that he had a player who would run through brick walls for the cause.
The players who Jose tends not to get on with are those that give up at the first sign of difficulty. And this is what Martial is.
It just isn't in Martial's mentality to show fight, stand up and be counted. He is too laid back for Jose's style of management.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.