Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

First player to score in both league derby games since Ronnie. :drool:
But you could make out some of his pure haters of him in the matchday thread who have already made their minds up on him. Feels like if he isn’t perfect some on here are like flies to shit to every mistake he makes and forget the good work he’s done.
@mitchmouse

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's so deceptively strong.
Look at how he shrugged Fernandinho off. It was not a foul.
It's debatable, but if that hadn't been called, very good chance the second goal comes sooner than it did.

Regardless, he was great and dangerous throughout, bust a gut trying to defend and get to loose balls, it's the kind of effort even his haters have to shut up about.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very unlucky, ref was pathetic. When he made Fernandinho look like school boy ref just blew the whistle.

He had very good game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Everytime he goes a game without scoring I see a new thread on him questioning him. Almost literally.

He’s a similar and slightly better version of Firminho to me, and the Brazilian gets a pass because his team wins more games. Martial is a proper player.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I owe Martial and apology. He’s been class lately, please let his goal scoring form continu
Finally someone who can adjust his opinion by not letting his pride get in the way of sanity and facts. Not many of you on the interweb, they prefer to sound like idiots just because they are stubborn.

Now talk to some of the people in the matchday thread who call him out for not being perfect and missing chances or have the odd mistake here and there. Moments which even world class players have, it’s football. People make mistakes.

And if the man of the moment fernandes misplaces a simple pass to Martial for the counter, not a peep.

Vaibhav Raj

Thought he was great apart from that one selfish decision.
And a couple of more occasions where he could passed quickly. But yeah, immense otherwise. Could have scored another one after plucking out the ball from air with some great control.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Is there a player out there in any team who hs shown Martial current form, scoring consistently for his team including against big teams yet the fans can't wait to bash him at every slight mistake?

He's been consistently scoring for us, keeping us in this top 4 fight yet the guy gets dog's abuse. I can't stop shaking my head at the amount of nonsenses written about him despite his form.

Downright sad and pathetic at the same time. Reading the match thread before we score was embarrassing.

mu4c_20le

His hold up play surprised me, I was always one of his supporters but even I conceded that he may never be like the proper 9 that we crave. But today he was a nightmare for the City defenders.

Tiber

He was brilliant today.

His critics need to get over themselves

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A Striker in the team is there to score goals. Martial scored the key goal. That's all you can ask of your number 9.

Yes, he could take up better positions in the six yard box, yes he could've cut the ball back to Bruno in the first half etc.etc. Doesn't matter. Nobody judges Lewandowski or Aguero by those metrics.

Our game plan depended on the first goal, Martial got it. That was vital to the way the rest of the game worked out. As long as he keeps scoring everything else he doesn't do is secondary to me.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Everytime he goes a game without scoring I see a new thread on him questioning him. Almost literally.
He has to do twice as well to earn some begrudged praise or at least avoid the moaning about him. It’s not about facts anymore for some of these people, their pride is on the line and they refuse to admit they might be wrong on the internet.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Also, props to @Kevin for fighting the good fight in the match day thread. It's absurd the amount of hate he gets.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Is there a player out there in any team who hs shown Martial current form, scoring consistently for his team including against big teams yet the fans can't wait to bash him at every slight mistake?

He's been consistently scoring for us, keeping us in this top 4 fight yet the guy gets dog's abuse. I can't stop shaking my head at the amount of nonsenses written about him despite his form.

Downright sad and pathetic at the same time. Reading the match thread before we score was embarrassing.
Only before? Read the posts moaning about Martial losing the ball when he has generally held the ball up well by being being outnumbered up front (because of the way we play) and was clearly out of gas?

This while I didn’t see a peep when others, including new golden boy Fernandes misplaced passes.
There’s more but I’m sure you read them.

El Zoido

Keeps scoring, cannot complain. Ole has done a great job with him and he looks like he’s loving his football right now. It’s great to see.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Even some of these “he scored so no complaints” type of posts now... you guys realize he was very good all around in this game right?

Asking for a friend.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
MOTM today.

He’s such an awkward no.9, and I mean that in a completely positive sense.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Fred,. Bruno etc would misplaced balls after balls, put in some bad passes here and there and not a peep yet Martial makes a slight mistake and you have essays in the match day thread why he should be sold, threads about benching him for Igalo etc.

It's absolutely pathetic. People even as far as bullshitting that he does nothing in game beside goals. Some people pretending that he has no hold up nor link up plays, all these factually false claims so they can spew vitriols.

Quite sad to see.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Fred,. Bruno etc would misplaced balls after balls, put in some bad passes here and there and not a peep yet Martial makes a slight mistake and you have essays in the match day thread why he should be sold, threads about benching him for Igalo etc.

It's absolutely pathetic. People even as far as bullshitting that he does nothing in game beside goals. Some people pretending that he has no hold up nor link up plays, all these factually false claims so they can spew vitriols.

Quite sad to see.
Their pride is on the line. They went all out so big big stakes if they admit they are wrong.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant performance, they couldn't handle him. Cancelo and Fernandinho really looked like children against him. More of the same Tony <3

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was really good, and yet probably should have finished the game with at least an assist and one more goal! Sometimes he makes you scratch your head, and then a minute later you're lauding him for being brilliant.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
His all around game has evolved so much since bursting onto the scene. This has been a crucial season for his development with his hold-up, aerial play, type of goals. He's showing great signs in his first real season as a #9.
Yeah I think Rashford being out has forced him to step up even more. He's the only senior experienced attacker we've currently got, and he's stepped up big time.

Next season actually looks bright for once.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Only before? Read the posts moaning about Martial losing the ball when he has generally held the ball up well by being being outnumbered up front (because of the way we play) and was clearly out of gas?

This while I didn’t see a peep when others, including new golden boy Fernandes misplaced passes.
There’s more but I’m sure you read them.
Yeah you could feel the agendas. We've seen Bruno chose not to pass and go for goal despite teammate being in a better position yet not a peep was made about that. He's misplaced passes and such yet no moaning.

Then you have Martial despite his current goalscoring form who gets dog's abuse for every slight mistake or imperfect play he makes.

It's the Caf in a nutshell. New toys have arrived so they'll find every excuses to portray why new toys are better than the old ones. Ighalo is a new favorite right now and some wants to see him out there every game, every minutes but Martial is in the way so they resort to finding every reason to ask for him to be subbed off or replaced by Ighalo in the line up.

Quite sad.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He was excellent today. When he’s busy and imposing himself on a game he’s cracking, but everyone knows that. That’s the reason these threads to and fro so wildly, because when he’s not it’s a different case. I don’t know why people still can’t work that out.

Performances like today prove it’s not just about him being able to grab a goal, but really affecting the whole game, and he did just that. It’s not always the case though, despite what those who flew in here to make out as such say.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not sure. Any idea which game he's missing an assist in?
I'm not sure which is missing but here are the 5:
1 at home to Crystal Palace (PL)
2 at home to Brighton (PL)
1 at home to Wolves (FA Cup)
1 away to Tranmere (FA Cup)

TsuWave

I saw someone comparing him to Berbatov and someone else replied implying that’s an insult to Berbatov.

Martial has more goals and assists for United than Berbatov.

Walters_19_MuFc

Top class today. A lot more physical today too. Put himself about, and despite a mistake by Ederson, his sharpness and cleverness of his movement made his goal.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Aguero looking at his younger self in Martial. Both wear short sleeves with gloves. Both fabulous CFs who are deceptively strong and can do something out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.