6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

fezzerUTD

Not Martials biggest fan but he was class today. No complaints and worked his backside off.

RedIan

MOTM, lead the attacks well, some of his control of through passes was just awesome. He put a shift in too. Should have scored before his goal when he a through on the keeper shooting straight at him - but he redeemed himself.

Ibi Dreams

Man of the match today for me, and I do really like him as a player. At the same time, he was playing to his strengths today. Very good at running at defences, good link up and good pace to counter. Still don't think he's figured out his striker role against a team that sits back though. That's my one worry with him. In a game like this it doesn't matter and he can shine, but let's see him against LASK and Norwich

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
4 more for 20. Still a lot of football to be played though, he should be coming out with closer to 25 I think.
100% mate, if we go deep in the cup and europe he can get plenty in this form.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Everything he ever needed he gave tonight. Magnificent and bullied the City backline.

Would've been a perfect performance if he'd squared that first chance to Bruno cause that's a goal and an assist but I guess if he wants it after the hard work he's every right to have a go himself. Least he had the fire in him today.

We'll see what he's like against lower sides who sit back but he's striking up something fierce with Bruno already.

Steven-UK

Before the goal Martial was woeful, totally.

It's surprising what a goal (and a win) can do to the opinions of those watching.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Has anyone already mentioned that Martial is only the second United player to score in 3 Manchester derbies in a row. The first one was Cantona.

Ollie Derbyshire

It's surprising what a goal (and a win) can do to the opinions of those watching.
Don’t be daft, woeful, city were playing very well and we were on the back foot.
Who would you rather play up there?
What do you expect?

sherrinford

How so? I was disappointed with how laboured his turn of pace was on a couple of occasions and particularly with the decision to shoot rather than pass to Fernandes. Other than that he was a goal threat throughout, and was very strong and his touch assured - he bullied Fernandinho on the ground and in the air and made at least two great headed clearances defending set pieces.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Judging a player on a 20 minute period where he was threatening but just chose to shoot instead of laying it off to Bruno... Only in this thread.

Foxbatt

Martial would bet himself to score those shots and that is why he shot instead of passing to Bruno. Yes in hindsight he should have but as a striker he is the best we have and normally he would have scored those kind of chances.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial would bet himself to score those shots and that is why he shot instead of passing to Bruno. Yes in hindsight he should have but as a striker he is the best we have and normally he would have scored those kind of chances.
Exactly. 9 out of 10 times that was prime position for him to score and he'd done so but this time he didn't catch the ball the way he'd have wanted to.

Some people are acting as if Martial was shooting from an hopeless angle or something. I'd expect most strikers or attacking players would have instinctively decided to take that shot from that situation. It just unfortunate he didn't catch the ball the way he'd have liked.

Is he getting the credit he deserves yet by the national media? Without a doubt one of Uniteds most talented and important players.
Not quite. I remember after he scores against Ciry, post match Keane went on how we should get rid. After he'd scored against Chelsea Scholes basically called him a retard. Now I'm waiting for another ex united player to criticize him after this game.

Steerpike

I've not been his biggest fan - I still think he doesn't get into scoring positions often enough for a central striker, and has been too prone to disappear in games - but he was outstanding in the derby today. Apart from his goal, he was involved throughout, even making some key defensive headers. He looked more willing than he has done of late to take his man on, and was a constant threat.

Excellent stuff and let's hope he can maintain this sort of form for the remainder of the season.

Art

Art the artist
Martial x Bruno is some juicy partnership. Can't wait to see Pogba x Rashford x Bruno x Martial :drool:

Djemba-Djemba

Might be his best game for us today.

Thought he was fantastic. Lovely thinking for the goal and he was strong and up for the fight today. Even made a few vital defensive headers to clear the ball.

That's the Martial I want to see, with that aggression. He was great.

Siorac

I saw someone comparing him to Berbatov and someone else replied implying that’s an insult to Berbatov.

Martial has more goals and assists for United than Berbatov.
And I daresay the difference would be even bigger if Martial had played with Ronaldo and prime Rooney instead of Lingard and Depay.

Siorac

Today he was really good with his physicality in particular. He took his goal well and worked that left channel really nicely. I think he should start alongside Ighalo rather than James as there's better opportunity to link up.
James' pace is really important in Rashford's absence, it really stretched City's defence today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely bullied Fernandinho today.

He should have had another assist when he bounced him off and put James through, but the ref decided he didn’t want another goal.

when he works this hard and plays with aggression he’s a top forward.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So many comments on here about how Martial gets abused, or confused why he's not liked, who the feck cares? Bruno and Ole like him, he's doing the business, why worry about some meaningless haters out there who have their agenda and contribute nothing positive? Just ignore them and move on with your support of Martial. There's no point even addressing it at this point, it's taking away from actual constructive analysis of one of this club's best player and talent.

Obiorahking_

Was a bit upset at him missing Bruno but with consistent run of games together that won't be an issue I think. He has 11 in the league so far, I really hope he cracks 15.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Worked his ass off, got rewarded, never looked happier. You live and learn. Keep it up, Tony.

RedDevilRoshi

When I saw the lineup announced and seen that City defence, I was praying Martial would turn up today as that defence looked pish & was there to be got at.

Tony did exactly what I wished for. His work rate in particular was my favourite aspect of his game today. Never stopped running. Fantastic goal and his link up play with Bruno is just getting better the more they play together. Can see a bromance already blossoming between the pair :D . Great to see him massively smiling from ear to ear at the end :D

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's having a good season, he's steadily growing into his role, I've a lot of confidence he'll get there.

InfiniteBoredom

I’m actually racking my brain to think of a Utd striker who scores/assists at the rate of 2 in 3, with a nice spread (not like Berba in his 20 goals season with 10 coming from 3 matches alone), clearly being the most creative and influential attacker in the team for most of the season (until Bruno) who gets as much abuse as he does.

Martial despite all the setbacks and poor treatment under Mourinho has consistently been one of our most productive player regardless of game time, striking up good partnership with virtually any attacking player we have (except Ibra) and now for the first time in 5 years here he gets a consistent run at his primary position and is doing very well in a team often devoid of creativity. Yet half the Caf wants him gone or benched. Madness.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excellent performance. He's clearly one of our best players and has, Mourinho's bullshit aside, been one of our best players since he joined the club. And it's evident that he gels really well with Pogba, Bruno and Rashford - other technically gifted players like him. So yeah, give our classy players other classy players to work with instead of the Lingards and Periera's of this world.

croadyman

What did people think of what Giggs supposedly said about Martial in that post match interview today?

Status
Not open for further replies.