Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The midfield has been off the past few games which means our attack haven't been getting involved as much as initially right after the pandemic break. The good thing is that Martial has been on form and consistent that the few times he's managed to get involved in the game he's made things happen. Literally been involved in goals in our last 3 games when the team has been playing averagely.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's very ironic, because over the last few years it's Martial that was our best player in our worst periods but it's him whose mentality is questioned.
Some pundits have been setting an agenda against Pogba and Martial. Jose didn't help.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m sure he will have a mega season next season. Only thing that will stop it is injuries.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His ability to drop deep and interlink the wide 2 is what Ole should be doing by playing a 433.

It will also lead to Bruno & Pogba as midfielders who each have the ability to attack the AM spot depending on whose space is left open.

The 4231 is unnecessarily used with sometimes Rashford and Greenwood as creators for Martial when it should be Martial who is creative to Rashford and Greenwood like we saw today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He and Maguire the only ones who came out of that with anybody positive really.

He did his job fine, just zero service.

3KDré

Some pundits have been setting an agenda against Pogba and Martial. Jose didn't help.
I think it's just a case of sheep being sheep. Most pundits repeat the same drivel between each other, because it creates a narrative and adds to the 'drama'. Unfortunately that means most people that watch these pundits hear the same shite week in week out and they start to believe it themselves without using their own eyes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Greenwood. Scored a good goal and created a great chance for Ighalo.
I thought Greenwood did well to score but didn't think he had a great game personally. His game was a bit too wavey but you can expect that from a kid.

DannyDee

I thought Greenwood did well to score but didn't think he had a great game personally. His game was a bit too wavey but you can expect that from a kid.
I mean, I don't think anyone was great, but he created game-breaking chances, which almost no one else did. Obviously, we shouldn't be relying on an 18-year-old to be our game breaker game to game.

Last edited:

Quinzaine

Wasn't his best game but was still one of our better players. There were shouts a few weeks ago that he's our best player and if you look at our performances over the last 6 weeks it's quite hard to argue against. His quality often seems to be what saves us from complete embarassment. The assist today is as good as the goal, genuine top quality work and against Southampton he set up Rashford and scored himself. Replace him with the vast majority of other strikers in those two games and we're looking at coming out with 0 points and little to no hope of Champions League qualification. For all the talk that Bruno has come in ans revitalized him, Martial is actually the one carrying Bruno and the rest of our midfield recently.

Sultan

I think it's just a case of sheep being sheep. Most pundits repeat the same drivel between each other, because it creates a narrative and adds to the 'drama'. Unfortunately that means most people that watch these pundits hear the same shite week in week out and they start to believe it themselves without using their own eyes.
Even before the handball this evening there was a number of times Neville had unfairly criticised Pogba. I'm glad Evra hinted at such bias at end of game.

LJJT

My player of the year on balance of they whole year. All round play is fantastic, great goal scorer, improved mentality.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What's stood out for me was his technique. Every else was taking extra touches, meandering on the ball, or even rushing things. Martial was playing calmly, without fear and trusting his ability (of which he has more than most tbf). We'll need him on Sunday.

Tony247

Only player yesterday who played a composed game. These games he used to become invisible. What a change. Keep it up.

thepolice123

He bailed us out today with that bit of play because we aren’t going to score even if WH had two goalposts.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Only player who was 100% in this game. Good hold up play, moving around, tried to create something. In some periods of the game i had a feeling that he only tries to do something.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's awful, I never thought Neville would be this dumb (well I should have know that when he used to praise Joe Hart and criticize De Gea).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Even before the handball this evening there was a number of times Neville had unfairly criticised Pogba. I'm glad Evra hinted at such bias at end of game.
Neville is generally a theatrical twit on commentary. He always talks like he knows whats going on in a player's mind. That comment he made about Pogba pretending to have a busted nose was beyond stupid (if Pogba really wanted to act he'd have stayed down or clutched his face for a while).

Neville even said West Ham "deserved a lead" - and up to that point we had made their keeper wok a fair bit more than they did ours. He's quite unbearable to be honest, always swinging from one extreme to another.

Raven

Neville is generally a theatrical twit on commentary. He always talks like he knows whats going on in a player's mind. That comment he made about Pogba pretending to have a busted nose was beyond stupid (if Pogba really wanted to act he'd have stayed down or clutched his face for a while).

Neville even said West Ham "deserved a lead" - and up to that point we had made their keeper wok a fair bit more than they did ours. He's quite unbearable to be honest, always swinging from one extreme to another.
He's a bellend, really don't like him. Been pushing this anti Pogba and Martial agenda for years.

macheda14

I mean admittedly it did look like Pogba was feigning injury to his nose. He kept rubbing his shirt against it and looking at it as if there was blood. But yeh, he said West Hame were the better said when that was blatantly untrue. They had come into the game, yes, but neither side really deserved the lead over one another, maybe us at a push.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I mean admittedly it did look like Pogba was feigning injury to his nose. He kept rubbing his shirt against it and looking at it as if there was blood. But yeh, he said West Hame were the better said when that was blatantly untrue. They had come into the game, yes, but neither side really deserved the lead over one another, maybe us at a push.
I don't think that's what he was doing personally, only because it wouldn't have really added up. He got straight back up and didn't look or act injured in clutching his face or head. He could have been doing that in any part of the stopped game, I didn't think to read as much into it as Neville did.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He was definitely talking up West Ham’s performance. We were comfortably on top of them for most of the game but you’d get the opposite impression from what Neville was saying. I forgive him, though, as he’s just feeling similar frustrations to the fans. He obviously doesn’t have any agenda against the manager anyway.

Back on topic, Martial was excellent. Him and Greenwood the two standout performers. Lindelof wouldn’t be far behind (despite the usual suspects crucifying him in his performances thread).

Everyone else was somewhere between “meh” and shite.

Sultan

If one of Matic or Bruno has a bad game, you don't need to be a tactical genius to realise Pogba will suffer. Likewise, the others if Pogba has a bad game. They all play in combinations. Same goes for wingers and strikers. It's a tactical jigsaw. Rashford has suffered since the injury to Shaw. Greenwood, although he scored yesterday, has suffered from his overall game the last few matches due to v Bissaka being off form.

E-mal

The commentator on my stream, was just talking about Greenwood after the goal without a singular mention of Martial's contribution to the goal.When in reality very few players in our team could play in such tight space.

Rolaholic

Been one of the highest rated players by whoscoredwho since the restart

El Zoido

Has to win our POTS for me.
I agree. His best season for us, he’s looking fantastic. I always expect him to produce something when he’s got the ball at his feet in and around the box, a really exciting player to watch and his numbers are impressive too, even moreso considering he missed two months of the season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's got my vote so far for PotS, he's been most consistent and he's won this team some valuable points.

The only two valid contenders, I feel, would be Rashford and Bruno, and neither matched his consistency throughout the season. If Bruno didn't drop off the last few games, he could have really made a run for it despite coming in halfway through the season, but even if he turns it around now, I can't see myself giving it to him over Martial. Rashford was not doing great at the start of the season until Martial came back, then he hit the form of his life. He's come back now and he's actually been doing well despite his struggles with finishing his chances, he's been creative, and selfless which is a facet of his game we didn't see much of earlier, but I don't think his impact is as great on the game overall as Martial has been throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.