Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

In a game like this, I'm finding it really hard to say whether he had a good game or not. Really should be getting on the scoresheet in games like this and should have done better with the chances that he had. However, he did have several good moment. So, I guess it was a "good" performance but could have been fantastic with a bit more care and quality from him. I think that's fair. In a game like today where the opponents are there for the taking (and where we've already scored tons of goals), he really should be looking to get at least one, too.

edcunited1878

In a game with a acres of space, his movement was good, his passing was okay and his finishing was poor. I don't think today was a game to start pointing at as proof of his brilliance. It was slightly below par performance, if anything.

He needs a rest to recharge his batteries.
I actually think he needs to play consistently. Maybe 30 mins midweek then start over the weekend. Compared to his match against Sheffield, his touches are getting better and his link up is improving.

He even smiled a couple times today!

Red_toad

He was more of a false 9 today than anything else. Got the ball from deep and brought everyone else into play. Something Firminho is hailed for week in week out. Yes he should have scored but so what
Yeah goals aren’t important, so what....

Point is he wasn’t phenomenal, he had a good game. But playing against the worst defence he should have done better. His fanbois getting carried away yet again and reacting to anyone who has a differing opinion of him having a ‘phenomenal’ game.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
In a game like this, I'm finding it really hard to say whether he had a good game or not. Really should be getting on the scoresheet in games like this and should have done better with the chances that he had. However, he did have several good moment. So, I guess it was a "good" performance but could have been fantastic with a bit more care and quality from him. I think that's fair. In a game like today where the opponents are there for the taking (and where we've already scored tons of goals), he really should be looking to get at least one, too.
To me, he had quite a poor game. The result tends to mean we see past it but he fluffed most things that came his way. Nice flick on for Lindelof but didn't do a lot else that was good, and he definitely should have scored at least one.

His form has really not been good this season but he will come good again, he is too good not to.

Godfather

Point is he wasn’t phenomenal, he had a good game. But playing against the worst defence he should have done better. His fanbois getting carried away yet again and reacting to anyone who has a differing opinion of him having a ‘phenomenal’ game.
It's a stupid point though. He was very good and influential to almost every goal we scored yet there's some on here who feel to heed to have a moan about him.

Nori-

The cult of Tony is mental.

The guy is our number 9, an iconic shirt number which should mean lots of goals.

Instead we get a guy who most people would agree isn't a natural striker and has scored 1 goals all season in the Prem. He then has a half decent game against Leeds (still no goals) and any slander on emperor Tony shall not be tolerated? :lol:

Realistically we either push him back to left attacking midfield or sell him and use the money to get a proper striker. This blind loyalty to players who are not performing in the positions they are put in, is part of the reason we have been such a mess since Sir Alex

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
To me, he had quite a poor game. The result tends to mean we see past it but he fluffed most things that came his way. Nice flick on for Lindelof but didn't do a lot else that was good, and he definitely should have scored at least one.

His form has really not been good this season but he will come good again, he is too good not to.
Played Cavani and Telles directly through on goal and won the penalty in the last 20 mins alone. A lot happened and a lot of good that he did was forgotten in the madness, I'd say.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

The guy is our number 9, an iconic shirt number which should mean lots of goals.

Instead we get a guy who most people would agree isn't a natural striker and has scored 1 goals all season in the Prem. He then has a half decent game against Leeds (still no goals) and any slander on emperor Tony shall not be tolerated? :lol:

Realistically we either push him back to left attacking midfield or sell him and use the money to get a proper striker. This blind loyalty to players who are not performing in the positions they are put in, is part of the reason we have been such a mess since Sir Alex
I dont understand the laughter and the hate though.

Just enjoy the good performance. He tried his best and was important in the win in the last two games.

Superunknown

To me, he had quite a poor game. The result tends to mean we see past it but he fluffed most things that came his way. Nice flick on for Lindelof but didn't do a lot else that was good.
It's hard to ignore the result. Had we drawn that game 0-0, then we'd be crucifying him for his misses, and probably rightfully so. He gets away with it today because of the score line. But, I do agree that he has to do much better. I feel like there are several things that he does well (which are nice), but the one thing we need him to do is the one area he needs to work on, which is his finishing. He tends to under-hit a lot of his shots or doesn't place them right into the corner, or gives the keeper too much of an opportunity to make the save.

I honestly can't tell what position he'll be playing in in the next 5 years. I feel like he "could" be a brilliant striker if he could just finish his chances, or be a lot more clinical with them. The other areas around his game are nice, but right now I think the one thing he needs to get right is his shooting.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's a stupid point though. He was very good and influential to almost every goal we scored yet there's some on here who feel to heed to have a moan about him.
Can you explain how he was influential in nearly all of our goals? I'm missing something clearly.

sincher

He was very good last season though, no?

I agree he is not in the best form but has shown some signs of coming through it. The talent is clearly there. Some faith is required I think, though also would expect Cavani and Greenwood to be preferred in some games.

Godfather

Played Cavani and Telles directly through on goal and won the penalty in the last 20 mins alone. A lot happened and a lot of good that he did was forgotten in the madness, I'd say.
His ball through to Scotty was also very nice

sincher

It's hard to ignore the result. Had we drawn that game 0-0, then we'd be crucifying him for his misses, and probably rightfully so. He gets away with it today because of the score line. But, I do agree that he has to do much better. I feel like there are several things that he does well (which are nice), but the one thing we need him to do is the one area he needs to work on, which is his finishing. He tends to under-hit a lot of his shots or doesn't place them right into the corner, or gives the keeper too much of an opportunity to make the save.

I honestly can't tell what position he'll be playing in in the next 5 years. I feel like he "could" be a brilliant striker if he could just finish his chances, or be a lot more clinical with them. The other areas around his game are nice, but right now I think the one thing he needs to get right is his shooting.
Positioning needs a lot of improvement for a striker. All he needs to do is watch Cavani for an example of how to do it.

Dominos

What on earth has happened to his finishing? The 2 chances he had today are the sort of opportunities he used to finish in his sleep. Very easy finishes in the far corner.

Other than that he played well, 2 assists, won a pen and created a couple of other big chances.

Red_toad

Oh so it’s not not allowed to counter people who state he was phenomenal when he wasn’t? Playing against the worst defence in the league he had a good performance. Saying he was good is an honest review on his performance, not a moan about him.This is a discussion forum we‘re all entitled to have differing opinions, but when people post complete bulldump then they can expect to be called out on it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's the closest player we can get to a player like Firmino without having to spend another 40+million unnecessarily.

People who compare him to Haaland will never be satisfied with him because that's a problem first with tactical understanding.

Let's get Haaland or someone to replace Cavani for a traditional number 9 and keep Martial as our False 9 option in the squad - the best of both worlds.

UncleBob

Personally, i'm just slightly bemused at the differences in opinion. His finishing lets him down today and we need him to start scoring, but he does well to get in those positions, apart from that he's easily one of our most influential players in todays match, involved in the majority of chances we created, 2 assists, the penalty, could've easily had 2 assists more with the chances he created. Apart from fluffing his chances, he barely puts a foot wrong in the entire match while at the same time is influential as feck in our attacking football. Makes runs in behind, holds on to the ball well.

Different standards, i suppose, given your post about Rashford
Leeds defenders were petrified of him. Shame he didn’t get a few good chances to score, but very entertaining and skilful performance by Marcus, can’t fault him.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If he keeps performing like that, the goals will come. The problem so far this season had been that he was crap in general play as well, so this is a good step forward.

Godfather

Oh so it’s not not allowed to counter people who state he was phenomenal when he wasn’t? Playing against the worst defence in the league he had a good performance. Saying he was good is an honest review on his performance, not a moan about him.This is a discussion forum we‘re all entitled to have differing opinions, but when people post complete bulldump then they can expect to be called out on it.
Agreed with you last point. Fully.

Real Name

On one hand he had a good game cause of his creating space for himself, ending up in good positions, passing, everything. On the other hand in few positions in which he had really good chances, it's like he froze. 2 chances in the 2nd half and instead of shooting in the corner he shoots at the keeper. He could have asked the keeper where does he want it. So I was thinking about giving him 6 or 7 cause of this and I cant remember what did I give him quite honestly.

UDontMessWith24

We didn't draw the game 0-0...BECAUSE OF HIS DIRECT INVOLVMENT IN THE SCORING OF GOALS

onemanarmy

I thought he was great. Two (3?) assists, pressing, holding the ball, excellent passing... Just the finishing needs to get better.

Foxbatt

Yes he needs to finish off the chances. Otherwise brilliant game from him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant game but the finishing was horrific today. Should've scored 2. Clearly struggling for confidence in that department at the minute, for whatever reason. Went 4 years of being really clinical to then falling off a cliff since August.

Status
Not open for further replies.