Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stubie

It really does feel we are playing each game with 10 men when he leads the line.

Offers next to nothing with his lazy attitude

RedIan

Very poor tonight, constantly lost possession. On his day he is great but he is far far to inconsistent and if we want to win titles we can not have such high levels of inconsistency.

Silas

This thread only seems to work in extremes.

Poor today though, didn't look sharp at all.

Superunknown

He'll still be here in 4 or 5 years time and the performances will be similar. He'll go on a run and you'll start to think he's turned a corner, and then we'll follow it up with a string of bad games. He's frustratingly inconsistent. At a time when we need to be doing things and starting to challenge, I think we need to expect more.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely fecking hopeless from him.

The dive was pathetic, and it annoys me how that seems to be his main aim now when he gets the ball. Try and win a foul, he had the ball on the edge of their area and instead of driving in and taking a shot or trying a quick one two he just did an embarrassing dive.

His attempted "header" clearance at the front post from the corner before their 2nd goal was just typical of his game, weak and unsuccessful.

He's been such a let down this season.

dirkey

He'll still be here in 4 or 5 years time and the performances will be similar. He'll go on a run and you'll start to think he's turned a corner, and then we'll follow it up with a string of bad games. He's frustratingly inconsistent. At a time when we need to be doing things and starting to challenge, I think we need to expect more.
When was his last run? Honestly, I don't even remember a good performance this season, let alone a run. I'm sure there must have been good performances, but I don't remember them.

He's just not good enough. We know. Stop sticking with him ole.

Chief123

Oh feck off.

What should we write after tonights game?!

Worst player on the pitch by a mile.
You could take a random caftard and he wouldn't do any worse.
Just seen some of your previous posts. You’ve got a catalogue of absolute cluelessness! :lol: :lol:

G-MUFC

His performances this season are a real shame given how good he was last season.
People say the City defenders were great tonight but in reality Martial gave them a very easy game.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Martial was horrible tonight. Usually his hold up game is good, but tonight he seemed to lose the ball every time he got it. I also hear certain youtube personalities talk about how we don't create enough for him, well it's pretty hard to create something for a player who is always looking for ball to feet and has his back to goal. Make runs in behind defenders and the service will come...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Shite performance in a shite season to be honest. His form cannot continue.

eire-red

Yup, should be a squad option who we rotate around the front three options. He doesn’t have the mental make up to be your reliable number nine.
I’d like to see Mason get a run as a number nine as he’s the only one who’s not really had a sustained chance in that position.
There was a moment where Rashford delivered a quality ball across the 6 yard box, and Martial just wasn't quite there.

That pretty much sums him up for me. Lots of silky touches, but he's just not quite there. He scored a very similar goal vs Villa, but when you lead the line for United, you need to be in that danger zone time and time again.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When was his last run? Honestly, I don't even remember a good performance this season, let alone a run. I'm sure there must have been good performances, but I don't remember them.

He's just not good enough. We know. Stop sticking with him ole.
His post-Covid form was great though. This season not so much.

Carl S Bridge

Oh feck off.

What should we write after tonights game?!

Worst player on the pitch by a mile.
You could take a random caftard and he wouldn't do any worse.
How about how we were beat by a better team, who unfortunately seemed to get every lucky bounce of the ball go there way today? Or I mean we could just blame it all on one individual player, cause it must be his fault right. Duck off yourself

dirkey

His post-Covid form was great though. This season not so much.
Yeah, it was. How long ago was that? And it was a short stretch. That's all we're ever going to get from him, at best.

That's not good enough. Good squad player, but paid too much for that.

Paddymcc

He's now had the benefit of playing under 3 managers and under each manager he has been poor. His record is something like 1 goal every 3 games which is not good enough as a 9 at a club like United.

Sadly he doesn't even work hard enough during a game and if you aren't prepared to work your socks off as the very bare minimum you will always come up short. An absolute fraud of a player in my opinion.

Any other club would be moving the player on and looking at other options.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He will get most of the blame today also because of his form this season, but in order to win big cup games we also need at least 1 good midfielder who can control the game and keep the ball and we need to be more compact but also smart as a team. Our strikers need to be clinical again no doubt, but you can’t always rely on them. It wasn’t City’s attacking players who scored today.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Haters will be after him tonight - Bruno, Rashford were far worse in truth.
I thought they were all equally shite. Only that Martial has been poor overall this season, though he's improved in the last few games benefitting also from playing close to Pogba.

Cultured left ankle

Not at the races today. When he's off form he has this tendency to run into a crowd as if he'll just like through somehow - it all seems too hit and hope. Rarely do you see him popping up in spaces or making clever runs for others to find him. It's all too easy to defend against.

Last season, we saw lots of nice interplay between Martial, Rashy and Greenwood. Now, they seem to be playing for themselves more. I suspect partly this could be weariness - it's easier to take on the man in front of you than to look up, make the pass, make a move, make a pass, check your bearings, etc etc.

DickDastardly

How about how we were beat by a better team, who unfortunately seemed to get every lucky bounce of the ball go there way today? Or I mean we could just blame it all on one individual player, cause it must be his fault right. Duck off yourself
It's a player performance topic.
And individualy, he was atrocious.
Part of the blame should go into him by all means.

Just seen some of your previous posts. You’ve got a catalogue of absolute cluelessness! :lol: :lol:
Sure thing Chief. He was wonderful tonight.

Here's to more of that!

Martialfc

Reminds me so much of berbatov. He could be so good but he’s so lazy! He needs a rocket up his backside! We need to get rid he just doesnt have the mentality

el3mel

No one is blaming it on one individual player. :lol: This is his performance thread. All the talking will be about him here, just like any other performance thread. If you can't endure your favorite player getting criticized in his own thread when he plays poor, then don't just check it ?

dirkey

I think the issue is those two had an off game were as this was the usual Martial performance and it’s becoming/became a big problem
They also tried things. All he tried was a dive. His movement is just appalling. The amount of times I get frustrated as I see a midfielder get his head up to look for a pass, and martial is stood beside opposition player looking back at him. No attempt to run in behind. Football IQ is low.

Status
Not open for further replies.