Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

He will forever be a "talent" ... Nothing more, nothing less. I mean, he is 25 now, 6 years at the club. Is or was he good? Let's say decent. A world beater? A ballon d'or winner? Goal scoring machine? Never ever.
I want to be honest, I would rather see DVB on the right in a Mata-RW position and Rashford on the left, rather Martial than Martial in a starting 11. Shop him to get a good fee and bring in Haaland respectively force Greenwood more ...
Fully agree, this team won't win anything with him as the mainman.

Andersons Dietician

Piss first half even if I did kinda enjoy seeing him taking stuff on and just getting himself in positions. Was better 2nd half but he should have scored tonight. Feel like he is in that slump again where he just needs a goal to go in to get some confidence infront of goal again.

Certainly needs to start taking these chances he’s getting.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He has never been very good at goal scoring. His record is what? 15 in the prem? So far this season he has 1 or 2?

Good player on the day, but doesnt produce the numbers. He needs to up it up if we're gonna go all the way
17 in the league last season, but that was the first time that he actually played as a striker all season. His numbers off the left obviously wouldn't be as high, especially as he was unfairly dropped for Sanchez for long periods in two of those seasons.

Raven

He has never been very good at goal scoring. His record is what? 15 in the prem? So far this season he has 1 or 2?

Good player on the day, but doesnt produce the numbers. He needs to up it up if we're gonna go all the way
17 and it was just last season. If you have to ask this question do you really have any place commenting on him or his performances?

UnitedChampionsAgain

If that's a hamstring pull then he's out for one month plus. Won't be missed on current form!
Not sure how we challenge for the title with our entire frontline firing blanks.

Plymouth Red

Not a bad match but I think he's reached a point where he's trying too hard to score. The extra touch or two instead of leathering it strikes me as someone scared of missing and trying to be absolutely sure of scoring.
It's a pity because he's definitely finding positions and creating chances.
Let's hope being top of the table and Pogba's new form and energy rubs off on him, Greenwood and Rashford.

Dante

Average bang
If it's a hamstring, it looked quite minor. He'll probably be out for two weeks.

Given his poor form recently, it might do him some good to be out of the spotlight for a bit.

Andersonson

17 and it was just last season. If you have to ask this question do you really have any place commenting on him or his performances?
You can't ask questions in a performance thread? So if I was unsure wether it was 15 or 17, I should shut up and not comment?

Great logic that. 17 still isnt good enough and he clearly hasnt improved. It's only gotten worse. He has alot in his locker, but lacks the most important thing -> goals

I can understand why Ole wants Haaland, he would take his place upfront within a heartbeat.

Raven

You can't ask questions in a performance thread? So if I was unsure wether it was 15 or 17, I should shut up and not comment?

Great logic that. 17 still isnt good enough and he clearly hasnt improved. It's only gotten worse. He has alot in his locker, but lacks the most important thing -> goals

I can understand why Ole wants Haaland, he would take his place upfront within a heartbeat.
It was literally 6 months ago that the league ended and we spoke about him being our top scorer, made especially impressive given that he took no penalties. Even if you were having trouble remembering his total, why not just quickly confirm on Google or ask the question directly rather than spouting off shite about false numbers.

Haaland is a fantastic talent and I'd love him at United but I very much doubt he just walks into the team and keeps scoring like he has been. Timo Werner was supposed to be miles better according to idiots on here, how's that turning out so far?

Andersonson

It was literally 6 months ago that the league ended and we spoke about him being our top scorer, made especially impressive given that he took no penalties. Even if you were having trouble remembering his total, why not just quickly confirm on Google or ask the question directly rather than spouting off shite about false numbers.

Haaland is a fantastic talent and I'd love him at United but I very much doubt he just walks into the team and keeps scoring like he has been. Timo Werner was supposed to be miles better according to idiots on here, how's that turning out so far?
Stop making a fool of yourself, I didnt say anything false, I asked a question. Stop being so god damn self righteous and accept that someone has a diffrent view than you.

Doesnt matter if it was 6 months ago, it was a different season. This season he hasnt produced and he misses alot of chances. That is hurting us and if we're going to win the league, he needs to up his game.

If we lose the title race because he cant find the net, he will be shipped eventually.

Raven

Stop making a fool of yourself, I didnt say anything false, I asked a question. Stop being so god damn self righteous and accept that someone has a diffrent view than you.

Doesnt matter if it was 6 months ago, it was a different season. This season he hasnt produced and he misses alot of chances. That is hurting us and if we're going to win the league, he needs to up his game.

If we lose the title race because he cant find the net, he will be shipped eventually.
The reason I say 6 months ago is not absolve him of his poor goal scoring form this season, it's because last season's top scorer is fresh in my memory and, I would imagine, most United fans.

We're top of the league right now after Martial being our main striker. He's been good this season in his overall play and has contributed a lot towards our good form and league position, if he doesn't score another goal and we win the league, I'll still be happy. I have no doubt he will bang in plenty of goals before the end of the season though.

AKDevil

Since Ole has arrived all those who got away with underperformance/not being up to scratch have been slowly squeezed out. This guy will be getting the same treatment.

Park's Petrified Pooch

His all round play today was fine, but to put it in golfing parlance, I think he’s got the yips when in on goal. It’s really bizarre.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he played well, his finishing has nosedived this season though. That injury is a massive blow for us so hope it’s not significant but I reckon that’s at least 2, weeks layoff.,

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Thought he played well today, but undeniably needs to tighten up in front of goal. Still feel our attack functions better with him in the team, despite his missed chances. But yeah, if we have any aspirations of sustaining a title challenge he will need to come to the party in front of goal sooner rather than later. We won't keep hanging on to one goal leads.

Thought he played well (in terms of buildup much better than Rashford) but he really needs to string some goalscoring performances are better. Great striker's goal against Villa and then today he's back to taking too many touches. Sad to see because he's been one of the most clinical players in Europe since he's signed for us, this season is such an outrageous outlier in the opposite direction. If he was finishing at his usual level, general play non-withstanding, this team would be on another level offensively. Can only hope for his sake and ours he gets it together mentally, I'd love Martial to succeed with us.

Morpheus 7

My cousin said it best, he's such a pro evo player. On red arrow one in 10 then blue or grey the rest ha. He's hurting the side in all seriousness, can't continue to play if he's missing big chances in games.

Ace

Most frustrating thing is that we moved Rashford to the right to accommodate Martial on the left for most of the match.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The reason I say 6 months ago is not absolve him of his poor goal scoring form this season, it's because last season's top scorer is fresh in my memory and, I would imagine, most United fans.

We're top of the league right now after Martial being our main striker. He's been good this season in his overall play and has contributed a lot towards our good form and league position, if he doesn't score another goal and we win the league, I'll still be happy. I have no doubt he will bang in plenty of goals before the end of the season though.
We're top in spite of his terrible showing this year so far.

Saying that he contributed a lot to our campaign this year is an insult to the players that have actually turned up.

meamth

Since Ole has arrived all those who got away with underperformance/not being up to scratch have been slowly squeezed out. This guy will be getting the same treatment.
Because he didn't score?

Martial contribution this season is overlooked, there are many games he was involved more than Rashford. These contributions are the reason why he is picked most of the times this season.

I get it, the frustrations that he couldn't score some easy chances, but we should be realistic here. Finishing ability can't go from 10 to 0 in one season, he will eventually turn it up this season.

Raven

We're top in spite of his terrible showing this year so far.

Saying that he contributed a lot to our campaign this year is an insult to the players that have actually turned up.
He has contributed. As has been discussed at length in this thread, we struggle to play in the opposition half without him whilst winning more games and scoring more goals with him in the team. He's been poor in front of goal but without him our play goes down a level or 2.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Also need to consider that once again he’s being shifted wide when he should be playing as the central striker. That’s going to affect his chances to score but not his chances to build up and I don’t see it as a coincidence that he’s once again been heavily involved in build up.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing with Martial for me is that when people say that - we should replace him with Haaland and act like the job is done - I'm not so sure.

Haaland will replace the goal scoring duties.

Yet for me as a club we still heavily only have Bruno Fernandes as a creative player in our team, after him we really are looking at players like Martial for that extra bit of skill and creative ability at times further up the pitch.

So if we ever sell the lad - we really do need that extra player like Grealish or another creative player in my opinion that can open up a defense with a good pass because we are not just losing a striker, we are losing a creative ability to.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I actually think his work ethic and off the ball closing down of defenders is a lot better than it was. Seeing Cavani and Bruno chasing every loose ball has had an impact
On him and a number of others in that regard.

AKDevil

Because he didn't score?

Martial contribution this season is overlooked, there are many games he was involved more than Rashford. These contributions are the reason why he is picked most of the times this season.

I get it, the frustrations that he couldn't score some easy chances, but we should be realistic here. Finishing ability can't go from 10 to 0 in one season, he will eventually turn it up this season.
Because he repeatedly fails to make most of opportunities ... whether passing choice/selection or finishing, sometimes very simple ones too. Not ruthless enough. Does not take enough care. The attempted pass to Bruno tonight in the first half as bad as some of his finishing.

It's getting time to consider upgrading. His shooting is one thing, but we can't forgive the amount of attacks he is breaking down this season. Every pass or dribble in a dangerous position goes straight to the opposition. It's like watching Rooney's final seasons again at times. If he's out of form then start playing it safer.

Moonis

Not sure what game were some of you watching. Yeah his finishing was crap but his overall play was brilliant. One of our best players on the pitch last night.

Sylar

I thought his play was fine/good overall. But his finishing has let him down this season. Hes got into good positions and his movement has been much better.

I think a goal vs Liverpool would do wonders for him.

KeanoMagicHat

People are being too harsh on Martial's hold-up play, even the best hold-up strikers lose a lot of balls against centre-backs. Martial still has as good a first touch as any striker in the league and some excellent close dribbling, it makes him quite unique in that way. It's led to United winning lots of penalties and makes space for others.

If he could sort out his finishing, his overall contribution would be perfectly fine, the attacking cohesion is quite good. The way that some people were talking about our attack, you wouldn't think we were 2nd top scorers in the league.

RuudtheRed

A lot of unfair stick and can't believe people can be happy about him being injured for the Liverpool game. His general play was probably the best out of the front 4 today. Cavani was equally wasteful but less effective in the build up.

I'm sure Ole and the coaching staff will get his finishing up to its usual standard soon.

poleglass red

He did decent, a lot of people either going way ott in either their praise or criticism of him, 2 extremes.We were playing a team 16 th in the league, we were always going to have lots of possession, a little unusual for us maybe, so he was going to see plenty of the ball. He did some good things and some not so good. One thing he did though that I always criticise him for is his press, he seems so reluctant at times to press defenders on the ball.In around 82nd minute he chased after defender down towards their corner flag and kept the pressure on him, was refreshing to see, and hopefully Ole is reinforcing this to our strikers ie the need to press.

Status
Not open for further replies.