4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

Was good but a 15 minute cameo isn't gonna do it for me.

If he maintains this level for two years straight I might change my mind, but I doubt he gets that chance

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Not alone mate! I'm still in the "keepAM9" camp. He did very well for 15 minutes and actually changed the mood of our attack. Less rust as well would have seen him slot the chance too.
I stopped having sympathy for that camp when he didn't want to fight for a place under Ralf.

Regardless of your stance on him as a footballer, you don't beg for someone to play for the club.

Jev

Was good to see him energetic and positive today, made a big difference not just for the goal.

I still think he's one of our most gifted players and should have been an absolute star by now. It's sad how it's ended.

Jev

I just know he's going to kill it in Serie A or some shit league. So special with the ball at his feet. Honestly he'd be a shrewd purchase for Barca, I think he would thrive with a coach like Xavi
Yeah, would be a great signing for them. Still wouldn't bet against him becoming a world-beater at his next club.

Jericho

Not much time to really evaluate him. But I believe anyone who thinks he won’t let us down again is mistaken. He’s 26 now and at best he’s been inconsistent and hasn’t fulfilled his potential, at worst he’s been awful and just hasn’t given a feck. Time to move on, for everyone’s sake including his.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Made the difference today. Has always been my favourite United player. Will be gutted if he leaves. Ralf just needs to play him.

Conor

The only thing he did of note today was fall over a sitter from about 10 yards out, people are crazy :houllier:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He ran at players but I think its because he had something to prove, not because hes suddenly going to be a tenacious aggressive attacker all of a sudden.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He ran at players but I think its because he had something to prove, not because hes suddenly going to be a tenacious aggressive attacker all of a sudden.
Yeah, I'm not getting fooled by that either, but I never really expect that out of his game, it's more his ball retention, touch, ability to link up in tight spaces that has always been interesting to see. This team is not firing on all cylinders and so Martial should definitely have a role to play until his transfer situation gets resolved.

marktan

Needs to be used more, a good manager would get more out of him. He's very talented.

Greck

If he's leaving bring a ballcarrying forward because he's the only one who does it well enough. Should have been Rashford taking over this role but he gets there and has no clue what pass to make. Then I have no idea what is happening with Greenwood. Sancho is another one who has been a disaster at it. It was only a cameo but if the rest could even do the basics in their various cameos we might have rescued more points.

UnitedRepublic

The only thing he did of note today was fall over a sitter from about 10 yards out, people are crazy :houllier:
That’s the only thing people who has an agenda against Martial noted from his cameo.

The most selfless player in the squad imagine Bruno or Ronaldo in the position he put it through to Cavani would not have happened he’s never been selfish.

If he we’ll probably see his true potential when he feels valued he makes things happen. When he leaves United and tears it up where ever he goes thats when It will hit people how good he really was.

We’ve been playing the individuality game of football. No wonder he was playing his best football under Van Gaal and when Bruno arrived because Bruno wasn’t as selfish back then and he had something to prove. This was while Rashford was out aswell he was the main man him and Bruno shared the responsibility.

Ranger2d

Nice to see a player up top, who’s 1st instinct isn’t to shoot on-site. Makes a massive difference

Conor

That’s the only thing people who has an agenda against Martial noted from his cameo.

The most selfless player in the squad imagine Bruno or Ronaldo in the position he put it through to Cavani would not have happened he’s never been selfish.

If he we’ll probably see his true potential when he feels valued he makes things happen. When he leaves United and tears it up where ever he goes thats when It will hit people how good he really was.

We’ve been playing the individuality game of football. No wonder he was playing his best football under Van Gaal and when Bruno arrived because Bruno wasn’t as selfish back then and he had something to prove. This was while Rashford was out aswell he was the main man him and Bruno shared the responsibility.
Haha I've zero agenda, he's just been shite for years. He played a simple pass down the line for someone in a better position than him, 'the most selfless player in the squad' :lol:, you seem to have forgotten Bruno's assist from during the week while spouting shite about him.

lilcurt

Mark my words, he will go elsewhere and look brilliant, leaving us looking like fools.

With Cavani leaving in the summer and 37 Ronaldo maybe here one more year I feel its criminal he doesn't get game time and is being moved in. A far better player than Rashford.

Jericho

Mark my words, he will go elsewhere and look brilliant, leaving us looking like fools.

With Cavani leaving in the summer and 37 Ronaldo maybe here one more year I feel its criminal he doesn't get game time and is being moved in. A far better player than Rashford.
How many years has it been now. We look like fools as it is.

If he goes on to do great things somewhere else it just means we weren’t the right place for him.

soapythecat

15 minutes Of ok’ness and his fan club are suggesting he should stay.
He needs to go. He will still be here next month and back to not giving a shite again, as he’s nothing to play for. Get rid now.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I expect he'll move to a slower league like Serie A and look fantastic. The man has obvious talent but doesn't suit any role requiring that he tracks back.

Good cameo today and one, unsurprisingly, where his only role was to attack.

Idxomer

I expect he'll move to a slower league like Serie A and look fantastic. The man has obvious talent but doesn't suit any role requiring that he tracks back.

Good cameo today and one, unsurprisingly, where his only role was to attack.
He did track back though today but I agree he sometimes loses interest quite easily.

Litch

Great Cameo but has a long way to go if he’s going to start football matches. We have had far too many false dawns from players already. If he comes on consistently and shows his commitment to his team mates and the club, then maybe we can talk about him starting….

redshaw

I'm sure he'll be like Lingard and do very well playing every week entrusted with the main role where ever it is with a smile on his face. He isn't going to keep a main spot here and needs to somewhere else for his own sake. You could argue he's been messed around or he hasn't seized his chances and been allowed to be edged out by incoming players.

Hughie77

Pull his head out of his ass, and do what he's good at , running at players taking the ball in tight areas and running off defenders. He had a decent chance today, if he's up to speed he gets a shot off. Needs to stop thinking about everything else and fecking play football. That guy can be unplayable in games he has been, not enough, he's a big guy and needs to put himself about more.

Greck

what standards are these though? Do you still want him to be world class? because that is never going to happen. If he had been okay to be a squad option then it would have been fine to stay. People want to sell off every squad player like we won't have to replace them. Someone has to play cup games and someone has to be on the bench to change games. I'm not trying to watch Rashford and Sancho spam insanity for 90 minutes every time they play poor. They themselves barely look like starting material. It's not about having the ability to be a starter if the player was content to be a lesser part contributor.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Martial and Rashford should be used as impact subs. Give them the last 20-30 mins to run at the tired defense.

If we're chasing a game then we obviously would need them, if the opponent is the chasing the game then they'd be good on the counter since both have a bit of pace.

the_cliff

Yeah it's a shame. He's one of our only players that has amazing technical ability. He's probably 2nd to Pogba in that sense.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am not sure I'll ever understand those who defend him and laugh at people who criticise him. Everyone knows how talented he is, but everyone also knows that he doesn't really care about football too much as he should. Or at least doesn't impose himself enough in games. And that happened under every single manager so far!

He is simply not worth it. Actually quite similar to Pogba.

OldTrevil

Martial on song is a joy to watch and he reminded us with a cirtical contribution to our attack, no matter how short his cameo was. I still don't want him to leave, and if he does we may end up with more regrets than Chelsea fans with Salah

lilcurt

How many years has it been now. We look like fools as it is.

If he goes on to do great things somewhere else it just means we weren’t the right place for him.
We aren't the right place for most players these days.

We have had really poor managers. A past is LvG, a declining Jose and an amateur in Ole. You can't just see from the mishmash of players we have how poor the management has been.

I'd love to see him under a top coach at the peak of his powers!

Tarrou

if only he could persist with this level of effort/focus that he managed in that cameo

we definitely could use one of him or Sancho playing wide, having only wide-men who shoot all the time is rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.