g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Still out injured for the West Ham game.

fecking hell, his fitness record is absolutely appalling. This is now Pogba esque.

We need to sign two strikers this summer.

Last edited:

RedorDead21

Sometimes you just have to move on. Yes we might get peanuts but long term it is better
We don’t move on from injury prone players quickly it seems. We always try and give him beyond one season of never playing.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think ETH knows when he brings him back in he cannot get injured after a few games so needs to be 100% sure or we will repeat the process, I think he's fit and probably ready but ETH wants to see him get through a few additional sessions/ training matches to make sure something doesn't come up again as he was clearly rushed back a bit for City

Fahad Jawaid

Why is he not back? He was supposed to be back for the cup final and now he is not even back for the West Ham game. It’s so disappointing, we could really do with resting Rashford and using him against Trent. A fully fit and rested Rashford will rip into Trent.

Even against Newcastle, he didn’t look fully fit. Hopefully he gets a rest but knowing ETH he will probably start, our whole season will feck up if Rashford gets injured, because we would have run him to the ground because Martial can’t help himself and get injured getting up from bed. What a sick note.

MadMike

I think ETH knows when he brings him back in he cannot get injured after a few games so needs to be 100% sure or we will repeat the process, I think he's fit and probably ready but ETH wants to see him get through a few additional sessions/ training matches to make sure something doesn't come up again as he was clearly rushed back a bit for City
I’ve not seen any pictures of him training with the squad yet. Are you sure he’s even back to full training yet?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I’ve not seen any pictures of him training with the squad yet. Are you sure he’s even back to full training yet?
I haven't but judging by other players it tends to be roughly a week after individual training to group training and it was confirmed around a week ago that he was individually training so I'd expect it to be imminent if not already

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He'll be back, 2 games before the end of the season. Play the 1st half then get injured again.

SAFMUTD

It's like he's not even here. Still 8 goal contributions while playing around 20% of the minutes it's impressive.

MyBloodIsRed

I mean, Loved AM9 but dude has to go... he's the attacking version of Phil Jones. He spends more time with the treatment team than kicking a ball.

Rojow

He should leave. Too many opportunities. He is too injury prone. He has lost a lot of speed because of this also.

Sell, loan or whatever. We need a proper striker and he isn't.

BorisManUtd

If he can be back before one of Betis games then great. But we expected him for West Ham as well..

Red00012

Is it just me or does it feel like anytime he’s injured we never got a timeframe on when he’ll be back ?

mctrials23

A fit Saha was 10x the player Martial is, excluding Martial's first season.
Thats quite the claim. Quite the claim!

Martial is a top quality player. He just can't stay fit.

I imagine the EtH will sell him in the summer because there is no point having a player of his calibre sitting in the treatment room for half the season. You have to have a backup or first choice striker to cover for him and there is absolutely no point having a player who you can't depend on.

His wages are massive for someone who plays 50% of the time.

El Presidente

Thats quite the claim. Quite the claim!

Martial is a top quality player. He just can't stay fit.

I imagine the EtH will sell him in the summer because there is no point having a player of his calibre sitting in the treatment room for half the season. You have to have a backup or first choice striker to cover for him and there is absolutely no point having a player who you can't depend on.

His wages are massive for someone who plays 50% of the time.
Martial is a top quality player on his day, which doesn't come very often. And considering top quality players are considered such, because of their consistency, then Martial probably never was one.
Let's not re-write history, the guy ended up in Sevilla, being benched and booed becuase he wasn't very good.
We also wanted him gone in the summer and not because of his injuries. There's a reason for that.

mctrials23

Martial is a top quality player on his day, which doesn't come very often. And considering top quality players are considered such, because of their consistency, then Martial probably never was one.
Let's not re-write history, the guy ended up in Sevilla, being benched and booed becuase he wasn't very good.
We also wanted him gone in the summer and not because of his injuries. There's a reason for that.
I don't know, I think under EtH he could be a fantastic player. I think he needs to be managed in the right way to stay motivated. If his fitness wasn't an issue I don't think we would be having any discussion about him leaving.

red_de_pologne

noise coming out he won't be back until April.. what the hell happened to the guy, he's so badly needed right now and can't be fit for more than 5 minutes

MiceOnMeth

noise coming out he won't be back until April.. what the hell happened to the guy, he's so badly needed right now and can't be fit for more than 5 minutes
Christ. Absolute write off of a season for Tony just as we finally click in a team tailor made for Him to thrive. Poor guy and poor us but he has to be sold in the summer now I reckon

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
We definitely need to scapegoat someone right now. At least it’s not one of the guys currently fit and playing. Our attitude towards our players is the reason why the confidence guys in the team tend to struggle where it matters.
Secondly, because we want Kane or Osimhen doesn’t mean that we should be undermining our current players. A trend we see at in the media since SAF left. Whether it’s coming from the club through briefings or agents leading us astray is making a mug of us all.
I like to give our players the benefit of doubt when they are not playing till they start underperforming.
Martial might not be everyone’s cuppa but the lad has shown himself the perfect striker for this manager but injuries hasn’t allowed him to kick on. It happens in football all the time, what makes us different from any other club out there. Madrid had Bale in recent years.

kthanksbye

I don't think we're selling him. We can't rely on Martial's fitness, can't rely on Weghorst's quality, can't sell both because then we'll need to buy two strikers, which is unrealistic.
We'll probably end up not selling Martial, making Weghorst permanent and buy one striker, which would be the sensible thing to do.

Idxomer

From Ten Hag's quotes, it does seem they aren't rushing him and not going to let him play till he's 100% fit.

crossy1686

career ending
Christ. Absolute write off of a season for Tony just as we finally click in a team tailor made for Him to thrive. Poor guy and poor us but he has to be sold in the summer now I reckon
His injuries are all muscle strains, which is a clear indication his body cannot cope with the demands he’s putting on it. He either needs to get learner and drop the muscle or play once every couple of weeks once he finally gets fit.

Either way, he’s done at this level. Top 8 yes, top 4, no.

Cathy Ferguson

:lol: Martial played over 40 games a season for us 3 times while Saha could barely stay fit for 30 games.
That was many seasons ago. Martial can barely stay fit for 5 games and when he is fit he is quite poor. He cannot be relied upon fitnesswise and qualitywise.

Status
Not open for further replies.