5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

STYLOISRED

He has been very good this season whenever he has played. And he's also made his teammates so much better when he plays.

I don't follow Arsenal closely but I sort of remember that Robin Van Persie was always injured for many seasons. And then in his late 20s he stopped getting injured and had three or four really top seasons. Is there any hope we could see that sort of resurgence with Martial? I'm probably dreaming but it would be so nice for both the player and the club if he could have an injury free season while playing for Ten Hag.
What struck me while following his loan last season waa just how much bulk he had gained which disturbed me. I Think he carried that into this season and it's one of the reasons he has been having these muscular injuries. Gladly he seems to have lost most of that bulk and is slimmer. Hopefully he stays fit enough for the rest of this season.

I don't think he can be like RVP though, depsite his Injuries RVP always looked rapid as far as I can remember (similar to Robben) Martial seems to not be as nimble and agile as he used to be.

Belisarius

What struck me while following his loan last season waa just how much bulk he had gained which disturbed me. I Think he carried that into this season and it's one of the reasons he has been having these muscular injuries. Gladly he seems to have lost most of that bulk and is slimmer. Hopefully he stays fit enough for the rest of this season.

I don't think he can be like RVP though, depsite his Injuries RVP always looked rapid as far as I can remember (similar to Robben) Martial seems to not be as nimble and agile as he used to be.
I hadn't noticed the additional bulk. Do you think he let himself go? Or was he trying to bulk up to hold off defenders?

Jev

I hadn't noticed the additional bulk. Do you think he let himself go? Or was he trying to bulk up to hold off defenders?
He was definitely been way more muscular in his body last season. It wasn't that he was fat. Looks leaner now and better for it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Every time he was involved, something happened. Unfortunately, once we got those two goals, the midfield and defence became sloppy, and we weren't pushing it into him anywhere near enough.

Good performance from him, though.

zaafi

I honestly don't get it. Every time we played nice football was when we gave the ball to him, but for some absurd reason we stopped playing it to him and instead opted for Sancho. What the feck is going on in the players' head?

Mailo

I honestly don't get it. Every time we played nice football was when we gave the ball to him, but for some absurd reason we stopped playing it to him and instead opted for Sancho. What the feck is going on in the players' head?
They're just not smart enough. Not enough streetwise players.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Didn't see him after the 30th minute, was sublime prior to that.

Rolaholic

Balance of the match was lost after he went off along with Bruno.

Truly wish he wasn't made out of glass, our season would be much different with a healthy Martial playing the lions share of our big matches rather than Weghorst

UnitedRepublic

2-0 up then people suddenly want to mess about doing individual stuff instead of playing the ball to the best attacker on the pitch. These players are so selfish can’t wait for Amad to link up with Martial next season, will be joy to watch they are both cut from the same cloth team players but ahead of everyone else in the technical department.

RuudtheRed

He has stardust in his feet, brains in his head and glass for muscles. If we could have fed him a little more, the tie would probably be dead and buried now. Levels above Sancho or Weghorst. The best player we have at holding up the ball.

Nep77

What the feck was going on after 30 mins and not passing to him and going to Sancho of all people. He was absolutely brilliant, all good play went through him.

FerociousCorgis

our only shot of top 4 rests with him. Assuming rash isnt back soon if martial goes out soon id have very little hope of top 4.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The midfield wasted a Martial that was up to it tonight. We could have thumped Sevilla had the midfield done their jobs and involve him a lot more after the 2 goals. He fed on scrap and every time he got in the ball, he made things happen.

I also cannot understand how almost everyone around him is so careless with the ball yet Martial seems to value taking care of the ball more than anything. He's not wasteful with it nor are his passes wayward. He keeps it tidy and knows when to step it up and progress it forward without losing the ball at every turn.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Our poor performance will overshadow the good things Martial did tonight, which is a shame. Given how many players we are losing we need Martial at his best.

Raven

The midfield wasted a Martial that was up to it tonight. We could have thumped Sevilla had the midfield done their jobs and involve him a lot more after the 2 goals. He fed on scrap and every time he got in the ball, he made things happen.

I also cannot understand how almost everyone around him is so careless with the ball yet Martial seems to value taking care of the ball more than anything. He's not wasteful with it nor are his passes wayward. He keeps it tidy and knows when to step it up and progress it forward without losing the ball at every turn.
It's crazy how he seems to be the only player capable of keeping the ball consistently.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
At the start of the game it was mentioned that we'd won every game Martial had started this season. Streak would have continued if not for the catastrophic ending.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's crazy how he seems to be the only player capable of keeping the ball consistently.
I really really hope that’s the one thing we target from summer transfers this season. Please, some players who treat the ball with care.

Dannn411

Should be playing every second of all meaningful games we have from now till the end of the season. Ten Hag taking him off for Weghorst threw this game.

Rockets Redglare

Should be playing every second of all meaningful games we have from now till the end of the season. Ten Hag taking him off for Weghorst threw this game.
He can’t play every second, that would be a disaster and he’d be out for the rest of the season after a couple of games.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It’s infuriating. Watch Real Madrid play, even without any real structure and “system”, and they are all operating with the right ideas and make good decisions in all the basic ways we never do besides Martial. Even Rashford doesn’t operate like that, he’s just gifted enough to get away with it by being a monster solo player.

ruuds left boot

macs - best example of emperors new clothes ... an

Spot on

kundalini

Looked good in the first half, super play for his assist for Sabitzer's 2nd goal, also involved in the build-up to Sabitzer's first. Barely noticed him in the 2nd half before being substituted after 61 mins.

Dannn411

He can’t play every second, that would be a disaster and he’d be out for the rest of the season after a couple of games.
Don't care. If he is fit he needs to play as much as humanly possible. Particularly when the alternative is Wout Weghorst, the worst centre forward in Europe.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Looked good in the first half, super play for his assist for Sabitzer's 2nd goal, also involved in the build-up to Sabitzer's first. Barely noticed him in the 2nd half before being substituted after 61 mins.
Can thank the rest of our team for that. Attackers aren’t going to have the chance to do anything when your midfield and backline can’t play through a press.

Also where De Gea kills us, as an off game from our defenders playing out of the back kills any chance at control since DDG sure as shit can’t do it

Status
Not open for further replies.