5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

I don’t see why his fragile body would stop him from being able to make an effort to get in to the box once he has just done some nice work outside of the box. I’m a Martial FC die hard but he at times seems to happy to just sit back and admire his pass or what is going on ahead of him instead of trying to make that move inbehind.
This is because his movement is poor and he recognizes it. So to get involved in the game he has to drop deep. He doesn't know how to play behind the shoulder of a defender.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
[
This is because his movement is poor and he recognizes it. So to get involved in the game he has to drop deep. He doesn't know how to play behind the shoulder of a defender.
I think he meant making the run after a pass for a follow up or through pass.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don’t see why his fragile body would stop him from being able to make an effort to get in to the box once he has just done some nice work outside of the box. I’m a Martial FC die hard but he at times seems to happy to just sit back and admire his pass or what is going on ahead of him instead of trying to make that move inbehind.
Pure guessing tbh from me, I think he is easing himself back into it. You talked about something he was not doing that often (pure #9 movement and instinct) when he was in a much better fitness shape.
At his age, I don't expect him to become that even if it seems so simple for us. I share the same frustration of yours but I've learned to lower my expectations with him

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Martial should really not be playing football. Being this injury prone is really a waste of a career

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yesterday, his two exs and mothers of his kids were involved in a car chase. I wonder what influence his personal life has had on his performances.

Malone_Post

Yesterday, his two exs and mothers of his kids were involved in a car chase. I wonder what influence his personal life has had on his performances.
His personal life is as much of a car crash as his career.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
When we now, due to his hold up play, are drooling over the thought of Martial starting a match for us, can you imagine what it would be like if we bought Kane? Even better hold up play in addition to world class goal scoring, leadership and actually playing every game. Priceless. Don’t tell Levy.

Andersons Dietician

His movement is actually really good. Look at all the spaces he drops in to. We also don’t really play in a manner that involves someone sitting on the shoulder. Be that because we don’t have a forward to do it or we just don’t have players that take advantage of that.

Playing on the shoulder of a defender isn’t hard it’s just timing but we don’t have people that put those kinds of balls in unless it’s on a counter.

He just too often floats around the 18 yarder or deeper for me.

Olecurls99

His movement is actually really good. Look at all the spaces he drops in to. We also don’t really play in a manner that involves someone sitting on the shoulder. Be that because we don’t have a forward to do it or we just don’t have players that take advantage of that.

Playing on the shoulder of a defender isn’t hard it’s just timing but we don’t have people that put those kinds of balls in unless it’s on a counter.

He just too often floats around the 18 yarder or deeper for me.
Rashford is kind of our guy that plays on the shoulder

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Please stay fit... I get nervous every time he breaks into a sprint. If he can miraculously stay fit for a few weeks while Rashford is out, then I think we'll be ok. Just don't give me Sancho - wout - Antony as a front 3.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The goal that should unlock a lot more before key matches of the season.

Stay fit and it can get interesting from now on.

Eugenius

Still a quality player, despite the revisionists on here. But looks like he's lost a yard and his body is giving up on him.

Dominos

Having him back was a bonus but now it's absolutely vital with Rashford's injury. You never want to be reliant on Martial's fitness..

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s got such a nice touch. You look at that and how good he was when he was a teenager, and he should be one of the best players around now. I wonder if they’ve managed to build his fitness up now and he might be able to stay fit. It seems like Ten Hag has tried to start from scratch and bring him back slowly.

Greck

Kinda feel cheated how we had to take so many Ls without Eriksen, Casemiro and Martial. Don't expect the world to feel bad for us but the league season could have been even better. We have to fix the squad situation for all those positions because their replacements were straight garbage for much of them.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Kinda feel cheated how we had to take so many Ls without Eriksen, Casemiro and Martial. Don't expect the world to feel bad for us but the league season could have been even better. We have to fix the squad situation for all those positions because their replacements were straight garbage for much of them.
Oh there’s 0 doubt we’ve been fecked by injuries along with the Case suspensions. Can’t remember but maybe one or two games that we’ve actually had our full First choice team

SAFMUTD

Now that Rashford got injured we need him to be able to play the full 90'.

Lee565

Impressive from martial today, not the goal but the fact he saw his appearance out without getting injured

Irrational.

Please stay fit... I get nervous every time he breaks into a sprint. If he can miraculously stay fit for a few weeks while Rashford is out, then I think we'll be ok. Just don't give me Sancho - wout - Antony as a front 3.
The footballing equivalent of thumbing in a softie.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We can survive a couple of game without Rashford if he's fit. Would be nice to have them both fit for a stretch of games, mind

Status
Not open for further replies.