Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's pretty rubbish unfortunately. Technical skill, yes...everything else to be a footballer at this level of club...no. Not even close.
I just wonder sometimes what is this technical skill people talk about.. Being able to control a ball played to his feet and show a bit of a dribble back to his goal slowing down the game most of the time? The game is played at much higher speed than Martial is capable, he's not able to run into space receive the ball at speed, control it, even today he showed half lazily that he can't even hold on the easy balls. Loosing a lot of 50/50s hell they were more 80/20s but he's such a slow player just jogging around unable to get stuck in.

I think everything has been said already, but his technical ability is overrated, including his finishing which also requeres again shit ton of time andcan finish only with his side foot.

InfiniteBoredom

What? Rashford was in the heart of everything we did in attack before the break (and on another day we would have capitalised on at least one opening). Martial, aside from a smart move which resulted in a shot on goal on his weaker foot, did sweet FA all evening with or without the ball.

It's not good enough.
They fecked up equally in the 1st half, Rashford didn’t play a simple ball for Bruno and then proceeded to play hero ball any time we got even close to sniffing at goal in the 2nd. Martial should’ve done better with one of the chances from Fred and Shaw.

All 3 of our forwards today were poor in and out of possession, but not for a lack of effort, which is the accusation here. The biggest issue is our midfield was even worse and Brighton just bypassed it with ease in the 2nd, leaving us chasing shadows and frustrated.
Rashford has scored 29 goals this season and Antony is in his first season here.

Martial has been here 8 years and has scored about 10 goals for Utd in the last 3 seasons. That's probably why he doesn't get as much leeway when he puts in a dogshit performance like that.
Which is expected, and immediately after a disappointing loss like that is admittedly not the best time for an objective, dispassionate assessment of the performance. It just galls me to see people resorting to their deep seated bias when there were plenty enough to bash his performance today.

Abraxas

I just wonder sometimes what is this technical skill people talk about.. Being able to control a ball played to his feet and show a bit of a dribble back to his goal slowing down the game most of the time? The game is played at much higher speed than Martial is capable, he's not able to run into space receive the ball at speed, control it, even today he showed half lazily that he can't even hold on the easy balls. Loosing a lot of 50/50s hell they were more 80/20s but he's such a slow player just jogging around unable to get stuck in.

I think everything has been said already, but his technical ability is overrated, including his finishing which also requeres again shit ton of time andcan finish only with his side foot.
I'm starting to wonder myself. His hold up play often looks better when he doesn't start, which is probably for the reason you mention about the pace and intensity of the PL, two words I can't often associate with Anthony Martial.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I dunno about you but I wasn't even disappointed, it felt like a normal thing to do for him.
I was. It’s kinda confirmed to me that if he’s doing that then he’s lost any competitiveness that he may have had. Can’t be pulling out of challenges at this level

The Purley King

There was a chance in the first half when he had the ball ahead of whatever donkeys were playing CB for Brighton and they caught him up and stopped him from shooting.
Not good enough from Tony and he won’t ever be good enough. Jog on please sunshine .
I pray ETH can see this, it’s blatantly obvious

hobbers

The more he plays the more baffling it becomes to everyone why ETH tried to build the team around him in the summer.

He's as shite, lazy, disinterested and miserable as ever.

RedDevilQuebecois

Get ready to learn Chinese, buddy.

Everyone has every right to be fed up with that lazy git. And we wasted 50 million quids for this... what the feck?

Oranges038

At this stage, I'd take Fr Romeo Sensini over him, I bet he can get up more flights of stairs unaided than Martial.

Guys an absolute fraud and should be one of the first out the door in the summer.

acnumber9

He’s a worse player than he was when he was 19. He’s made his money so I doubt he gives a feck.

lex talionis

Appalling once again.

The only plausible explanation can be is that he's physically wrecked...or can it really be that even though he's paid 250/week -- for those who can't do the math, that's 12 million -- that he just can't a feck whether we win, lose a draw a match?

AndySmith1990

That might actually be true. Its a shame to see what shit managers and injuries can do to a very talented (won the golden boy) player.
Nah I'm not having that. Everyone is responsible for their own path in life and if he's a lazy disinterested asshole then that's on him, not United or previous managers or injuries. People with bad injuries and even disabilities and loss of limbs have achieved some remarkable things

acnumber9

That might actually be true. Its a shame to see what shit managers and injuries can do to a very talented (won the golden boy) player.
It’s got feck all to do with shit managers. He’s got no drive to improve.

Big Ray

What a soft useless heartless individual. Get rid as soon as. Gave up on everything tonight, 70/30 tackles lost them all. Waste of a jersey.

EI Beatle

when a player on £200k+ per week wearing gloves in may on the south coast, his mindset is beat before he even kicks a ball

Eddy_JukeZ

He's tumescent.

He's one of the worst in the squad when it comes to mentality.

Irwin99

The anger on here when he's still playing for the club next season* :lol: :nervous:. Actually thought his work rate wasn't too bad in the first half but some poor finishing let him down. Second half he just wasn't in the game.

* i can see why people are pissed off, i hate the way the club has just handed massive contracts to players who have a good spell and then do feck all for years afterwards. Hopefully we'll be moving past this era soon enough. Next year I imagine will be him running down the last year of his contract.

Chief123

He seriously has lost all of the acceleration and pace he had when he arrived. He was regarded as rapid back then.

Anyhow, we really do need to look at getting a striker that can actually score. We can’t survive with strikers that do everything but score.

Like I mentioned yesterday, Haaland has scored 35 premier league goals in 9 months. Martial has done the same in the last 5 years.

Andersons Dietician

He was pretty much invisible yesterday. Played in moments. Would do something decent then you wouldn’t see him for like another 6 minutes.

Also his pressing was ok but when you’re within a yard of the man on the ball don’t just shadow him. Try and win the ball. I’m all for blocking passing lanes which is something he does quite well but feck me if you’re that close to the ball there is a time to engage.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Used to be such a good finisher. Now he just focuses on getting it in target as if that’s some achievement. Should have scored from the chance after the 1-2.

Pickle85

Lazy waste of a shirt. At this point is there anyone left defending him, even? Can't wait to see him gone.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Manchester United has the two worst strikers in the PL. Likes of Aubameyang are close though.

ti vu

When he was in the position to win the ball too
I think the injuries psychologically scarred him at the moment. Was not a physical player before, but now he's not trying to ride any challenge.

Not saying I am happy with the situation, but I still think the coin toss between him and Sancho starting game between now and end of season is better than starting Weghorst who put his body on the line, but out of his depth.

Perhaps need that summer break like Rash Ford last year to get his shite together to become somewhat more serviceable.

Kostov

Wtf was that rubbish? He went into every ball contest with so much cowardice. Feck off. Release him for all I care, absolute dogshit.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think the injuries psychologically scarred him at the moment. Was not a physical player before, but now he's not trying to ride any challenge.

Not saying I am happy with the situation, but I still think the coin toss between him and Sancho starting game between now and end of season is better than starting Weghorst who put his body on the line, but out of his depth.

Perhaps need that summer break like Rash Ford last year to get his shite together to become somewhat more serviceable.
Tbh I'm sure we all brace ourselves when we see him about to go in those duels. He's a broken player, he would do well to revive his career in another setting

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Nah, he was the same before his shocking run of injuries this year. A few good games but many more poor to average performances . Poor movement, not enough runs in behind; lethargic pressing and losing all his physical battles. He even lost his touch in terms of finishing a season or two ago.

The only difference the injuries have made is helping his reputation grow and grow by staying out of the team so long people began to forget about all of his flaws.

Brophs

The One and Only
Nah, he was the same before his shocking run of injuries this year. A few good games but many more poor to average performances . Poor movement, not enough runs in behind; lethargic pressing and losing all his physical battles. He even lost his touch in terms of finishing a season or two ago.

The only difference the injuries have made is helping his reputation grow and grow by staying out of the team so long people began to forget about all of his flaws.
Aye. He’s obviously talented and occasionally he does stuff that makes it obvious why ETH likes him but the player and the potential we bought is long gone. Usually the trade off with strikers who don’t score goals is that they do all the other stuff and work hard.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Aye. He’s obviously talented and occasionally he does stuff that makes it obvious why ETH likes him but the player and the potential we bought is long gone. Usually the trade off with strikers who don’t score goals is that they do all the other stuff and work hard.
Yeah it speaks volumes that we’ve quickly got to a point where replacing him with “The Worst Footballer To Ever Kick A Ball For Manchester United(TM) doesn’t make us noticeably all that much more blunt in attack.

Last edited:

Castia

Haaland has more league goals in 1 season than Tony does in the last 5 combined

Disgrace of a player hes fecking shite. Shows how much our standards have dropped when we’re constantly relying on this crock

Weghorst and Martial must be one of the worst striker options in the league, nowhere near the standard we need to set.

ti vu

Yeah it speaks volumes that we’ve quickly got to a point where replacing him with “The Worst Footballer To Ever Kick A Ball For Manchester United(TM) doesn’t make us noticeably all that much more blunt in attack.
Here you go again with the Weghorst pointless debate. Why don't you go debate Weghorst performance in his thread? It's quite some time you stopped posting there.

As shite or however you want to paint Martial, most people can notice how much a downgrade Weghorst is.

Status
Not open for further replies.