5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Why can’t he avoid injuries at least prior to a cup final, is it such a big ask?

AndySmith1990

If no one wants to give us money for him and pay his wages, I hope we give him away for nothing. Just want the deadwood cleared out of the club at this point

Alemar

Now we need to play a cup final against a fantastic team without a striker (or with Wout which may be even worse).

Alemar

29 games but how many minutes? I bet it was below 1300
1441 minutes (an average of 50 minutes per game played), 17 starts and 12 times off the bench. 9G+3A

For comparison purposes, Garnacho has as much goal contributions in 1415 minutes this year, and it was his first season and he is not a striker

Last edited:

PeteManic

That's him done. A pity because EtH rated him. I still would go for Ferguson over Kane. I don't think Kane will leave Spurs anyhow.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He will never be fit again.

He's the player that got done by injuries. Great talent but broken at this point. I am not sure if there will be any offers though.

For the Cup Final, I don't mind Wout in no10. We need to do something "else" anyway to win.

crossy1686

career ending
We aren't going to be able to sell a bloke who isn't fit enough to pass a medical elsewhere. Expect to see him here at some point next season still stinking the place out.

Hughes35

My god, put a tent around him and put him out of his misery. Actual waste of space.

Thanks for that first goal against Liverpool, time to leave now.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't think he'll be much of a miss in the cup final to be brutally honest.

This latest stretch where he's been able to play he hasn't looked good at all. He managed a few tap ins but his overall game has been poor.

Even things that he used to always be good at like his first touch have been poor recently. We're never finding a buyer for him so he's going to be here for another year, but his time at Utd should have ended years ago.

Zlatanator

He played 15 matches in a row before getting injured again. I don't remember the last time he play these many games in a row.

Andy_Cole

Really annoyed about this. His sub appearance vs Fulham seemed to just be a routine jog out. How did an injury happen!

doomy20

The sad thing is, he won’t even be missed. Sabitzer was a bigger threat when he played attacker this one game. Anything but getting rid of him in the summer would be massive mismanagement by ETH. And don’t tell me nobody will take him, he‘ll be healthy by Juli and surely a couple of low table teams will take him. Club has to be REALLY hard on him.

glasgow 21

Agree, I like Martial but his time is up and latest injury so frustrating. If we can sell then let's do it, if not let him see out his contract and help us when he is fit. No point terminating gets us nowhere
However
Really annoyed about this. His sub appearance vs Fulham seemed to just be a routine jog out. How did an injury happen!
He accidentally put his wallet in his back pocket and got in is car pushing his hip out of position twinging his hamstring.

Bertie Wooster

I completely get the points about empathy for long term injured players, but I also think there's some validity in questioning Martial's pain threshold and (un)willingness to play through pain and discomfort given his many absences for many different reasons - something that ETH has definitely alluded to this season about players needing to do that, and I imagine, given the amount of games he's missed for different reasons, that Martial was one of the players it was aimed at.

You see some of the knocks and injuries that other players battle through and carry on with because of their sheer determination to be out on the pitch - and that determination shines through in their hungry body language and the effort they put in. I can't honestly say any of that appears to apply to Martial and can understand why there'd be less sympathy and more of a question mark about some of his many absences (a suspicion that a more determined player may have been able to play through that level of discomfort).

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Martial missing the final is not even disadvantage for us. A Front with Garnacho Rashford Sancho will do the job.

This guy has gone missing 3 years ago and never came back, I don't remember one good performance from him last games not to speak last years. Had 1 assist vs Liverpool that's all he did for us the whole season and scored couple of goals in the pre-season a joker.

Until we still have players like him on the ship we won't progress! Our brainless board clearly needs time, somewhere around 3 to 5 years :lol: to see that there is no longer a player there so we can move on.

Lets hope this year will be different year and to see less more mistakes made from previous years. Serious clubs don't renew Jones for 4 years and gives endless chances to players like Martial.

I hope ETH, to change the vision and culture in the club, It is time! No more sentimentality from us to non-football players.

Martial won't be missed in the final, Thank you and Goodbye !

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If no one wants to give us money for him and pay his wages, I hope we give him away for nothing. Just want the deadwood cleared out of the club at this point
I agree. We cannot go into next season with Martial in the team, even if he is a back up striker. Get rid

Red00012

It’s never ever going to happen. We are stuck with him for another season unfortunately and hopefully we release him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Reminds me a bit of Reece James now with continual muscle injuries. Don't get what happens to these guys so that they constantly get injured. Maybe need 24/7 monitoring for diet, sleep patterns and how they're living because it should be possible for them to stay fit.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Gah!

I guess we go with Garnacho-Rashford-Sancho then. Please no Wout.

Oranges038

He last completed 90 mins in the league in January 2021
That was the loss to Sheffield United. The game where he spent his time standing still while others ran around him. I'd hardly call that completing 90 mins.

redIndianDevil

It’s sad really. I was moved by Phil Jones’ message to our fans. If Martial is doing everything that the doctors and trainers ask him to do and still can’t be fit then you can’t really do anything about it. I think it’s time to give him a long break and slowly integrate him back seeing as no one is going to buy him. We cannot count him as one for the squad anymore and should plan our transfer’s accordingly

Alemar

He last completed 90 mins in the league in January 2021
Very true, but we must accept the fact that he managed 90 minutes in EFL cup once last season. Also once 102 minutes in Europa League while on loan at Sevilla

RuudtheRed

I seriously doubt he enjoys being injured and being ruled out of big games. ETH did his best too to handle him with kid gloves and substituted him in every game since his earlier return from injury. Martial actually put together a somewhat decent run of starts and contributed well to the good end of our PL season.

For him to be out of the final is a loss for us. He has made contributions in big games (even this season) and is more of a goal threat than his direct replacement. I'm surprised that the club felt that it had to release the news about his injury in such a fashion though (a dedicated post saying he was out of the final)??

PeteManic

United should go false 9. Keep Rashford on left and play Sabitzer or Wout as extra midfielder.

talking robot

Don't think we are selling him unfortunately as we are too light in the striker department, and I doubt we will be getting any decent offers for him. We'll probably keep him as backup to whichever striker comes in.

Bertie Wooster

These footballers are just employee with bigger paid. Why can't I have the right not to feel sorry? It's not like I'm insulting him.
You can feel how you see fit dude, but complaining about his wages compared to mere mortals is futile. That’s all I was saying.
Completely agree that higher wages aren't going to stop a player getting injured. So the wages comments are largely irrelevant - except that, I guess, clubs should be smarter and take into effect injury history / amount of injuries picked up and amount of games missed, when handing out those bigger wages.

Regardless of wages, I do expect to see the same hunger, determination and willingness to play through pain when possible in each player that represents United. As does ETH judging by some of his comments. You can only go off what you see, hear, and what the stats suggest - but when all that suggests some players have more of that hunger, determination, and willingness to put themselves through pain to be out there contributing, then I guess those players will get cut more slack when missing any games than players who appear not to (such as Cavani in his 2nd season).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.