5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Think martial will thrive under ten Hag, I’ve said it from the start and got a lot of criticism of some people. It’s amazing what an actual coach can do to some players.
Keep hearing this but he actually played his best football under Ole. Mourinho was the only one he suffered under. It is more important that he has a coach who believes in him.

Idxomer

I don’t wanna slate him after he’s scored but let’s see if he’s arsed when the pressure hits again. He’s always Pereira’d it in pre-season anyway.

Not that I want to be negative, I didn’t see the game but I heard he put himself about a bit. Nice to hear.
Has he? He only had one in the last 4 seasons.

I will still need to see more to start having some real hope again for him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am sure that under ETH he will be great. Like a new signing.

And i don't mean that as a joke.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Might be jumping the gun here, but I'd rather us give Martial another chance than sign someone like Kalajdzic or Brobbey.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Might be jumping the gun here, but I'd rather us give Martial another chance than sign someone like Kalajdzic or Brobbey.
We could and should do both, it's not as if an other striker wouldn't be useful.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Keep hearing this but he actually played his best football under Ole. Mourinho was the only one he suffered under. It is more important that he has a coach who believes in him.
Agree with the last part… belief is everything for a player but combine it with a coach that actually coaches properly. He’ll be unleashed. I thought he was pretty decent under LVG aswell or wasn’t he?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
if ronaldo goes we need another striker no matter what

-Supreme-

We could and should do both, it's not as if an other striker wouldn't be useful.
I suppose it depends on our budget and priorities..

If we have Ronaldo and Martial then I’d prioritise a RW over a striker

united for life

Fans tend to allow emotions control their judgement. It’s the first game in preseason and we played against a liverpool team that fielded a relatively weak team. Their left backs were 17 and 19 years old I think. ETH had to start his first team players as he is new and wants to look at them close - so that’s understandable. However, let’s not over-hype Martial just yet. He has a lot, A LOT, to do. Hope he actually does improve and play a key part next season.

mu4c_20le

Agree with the last part… belief is everything for a player but combine it with a coach that actually coaches properly. He’ll be unleashed. I thought he was pretty decent under LVG aswell or wasn’t he?
Yeah he started off really well until the team became more restricted in his second season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Has he? He only had one in the last 4 seasons.

I will still need to see more to start having some real hope again for him.
Just remember him playing well on tour but going missing during the season.

Godfather

He's on a different level to both of these guys technically. It's his head that is the problem

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Would be nice to have Ronaldo, Martial and an aerial option like that Sasa Kala guy

Stacks

These friendlies will show which players that were overlooked for various reasons actually have a future with us.
The manager makes a difference.
friendlies are like traiing matches. No one takes them serious; Cleverley looked world class vs Barca
Martial under an actual coach looks very good.
So Sevilla don't have a real coach?
Dare I say like a new signing?
Living up to the name. I'll judge after 15 games

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Look, it's a good 45 minutes. That'll do for the moment. Every journey etc.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There is so much hyperbole here. Hes played against some kids who probably aren't even good enough for a bottom team PL side. That Williams fella wanted to give him the ball all the time

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
friendlies are like traiing matches. No one takes them serious; Cleverley looked world class vs Barca

Friendlies don’t mean a great deal but they don’t tell us nothing - he at least looks engaged (that’s how bad he’s been) and played well. We’ve seen him have good seasons so he has it in him.

Tiny sample size but positive at least.

Abraxas

Not thrilling to be facing another season with Martial in the squad but we may as well keep an open mind that he can show something...anything. We don't have much choice with him. Getting a goal isn't a bad start.

buchansleftleg

More promising than I was expecting but still on probation. He needs to increase the workrate even higher and let's see how he reacts.

EtH seems to be a stickler for detail and is bound to highlight those areas on the game where he could have done more. In the past he has gone into a big sulk when criticism comes his way, however healthy.

It would be nice for there to be a redemption here...but he's in the last chance saloon as far as I can see.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
More promising than I was expecting but still on probation. He needs to increase the workrate even higher and let's see how he reacts.

EtH seems to be a stickler for detail and is bound to highlight those areas on the game where he could have done more. In the past he has gone into a big sulk when criticism comes his way, however healthy.

It would be nice for there to be a redemption here...but he's in the last chance saloon as far as I can see.
It's the opposite that happened. Outside of 2020-2021, Martial has always responded to criticism by being better and regaining a starting role. I will never understand why people keep making this sulking thing up, Martial issue has been about getting comfortable or too relaxed when things are going well.

C3Pique

I can't deal with the hope of a Tony Martial remontada.

Maybe if we can play all our games behind closed doors he'll come good again.

Red00012

He’ll be warming the bench for a good share of the season .
Ronaldo won’t be dropped

There is so much hyperbole here. Hes played against some kids who probably aren't even good enough for a bottom team PL side. That Williams fella wanted to give him the ball all the time
Yep. Was a good performance but Nat Philips and Rhys Williams are the worst centre backs in the league.

Lyng

Lopetegui prefers a false nine to a usual striker. Always a mismatch

Jezpeza

Dare I say like a new signing?
We’ve written him off but a reinvigorated Martial is at the very least a useful bench or rotation option. Everyone forgets he was our 9 in 19/20 and was excellent that year

Mcking

Would save us a lot of hassle if he could rediscover his touch. Apart from perhaps a lack of variety with his finishing, he has the game to be a top class striker.

AFC NimbleThumb

Hasn’t been coached since LvG left. He’ll do well in a forward line with movement. 15+ goal season incoming.

Redcy

Some of the bullshit on here, scores a good goal, did little else for that 45 minutes worthy of note and suddenly he's back. Liverpools team was barely championship level with 20 plus changes. He came into the Sevilla team and immediately scored a goal, everyone thought he was a genius, then started complaining about how he didn't fit in, etc. I do hope he can comeback because at his v best he could be a big difference, but in all the years he has been here he has only had one good season. If I am a betting man I stick money on him not scoring more than 5 this year, because the odds against a fairy tale are high and Martial has largely flattered to deceive.

I will be more than happy to see him prove me a moron though.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Don't fall for it guys. He'll go back to his normal self in no time.

Mr Smith

Sad that I am sceptical after a performance like that but I've been burnt before. Desperately hope he's revitalised under ETH as there really aren't many strikers in the market right now.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Martial, due to his strength under pressure, usually brings out the best in other forwards. I foresee him linking up nicely with Sancho.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I'd start him over ronaldo and have rashford or elanga as backup. But we also need to sign antony.

Status
Not open for further replies.