5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojofiam

My word the Ole witch hunt is never gonna end on here. The moment something negative about him is uttered, no evidence is needed to crucify him.

Never mind that Physios and doctors wouldn't allow a player to be played if there's risk of him aggravating an injury, let's just believe something said by a wildly inconsistent and perpetually injured player, so we can again start blaming Ole. And this is a player half on here wanted gone in the summer. The Caf is something else :lol: .
Not just the caf, sadly. Every social media platform is filled with clowns like that.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Pretty interesting bits from Martial. Most people guessed that Ole played a big part in the pervasive injury situation we suddenly had, by now it's pretty much confirmed by Martial.

We know he played Rashford through injury and now we know he did the same with Martial. Sort of explains how his injury record suddenly became poor the last 2 seasons when he was never injury prone before Ole.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not just the caf, sadly. Every social media platform is filled with clowns like that.
Reddit is the opposite. On r/reddevils, if you say anything even slightly critical of Ole, you get downvoted to oblivion.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pretty interesting bits from Martial. Most people guessed that Some had his part of the pervasive injury situation we suddenly had by now it's pretty much confirmed by Martial.

We know he played Rashford through injury and now we know he did the same with Martial. Sort of explain how his injury record suddenly became poor the last 2 season when he was never injury prone before Ole.
We know that McTominay, Pogba, Maguire, Rashford and now at least Martial have done it. It's not a surprise.

Roane

When martial was on loan there were statements to the effect he was carrying an old injury and was given time to recover from it.

Seems to all add up

BlahRules

What the hell is this shithousery interview all about?

He's complaining about not playing but at the same time admitting to being injured 2 years straight!

What the feck.... :houllier::houllier::houllier:
Martial played through injury is why he wasn't performing. When Rashford who also played through injury and wasn't performing, he was not dropped and it was said he was carrying an injury.

It was never said by anyone Martial was injured till now.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You lots who are just frothing at the mouth waiting to blast Martial, go and actually read the interview before wasting everyone's time with your rage induced takes over an interview you didn't even bother reading.

The interview was quite insightful and informative especially for those who are actually interested to know what happened behind the scenes. Trying to present this interview as Martial blaming and blasting past managers is ridiculous given the interview itself came off as him simply stating what happened during his time with previous managers.

And as to those condoning Mourinho BS of taking away a players shirt's number, go take a walk and stop embarrassing yourselves. :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Fascinating interview from Martial and explains a lot. If ten Hag can get him fit and firing like how he's seemingly done with Varane, we might have a player on our hands.

I love the tidbits about him not being an actor - it just goes to show players are very aware of some of the moronic criticism the fans and the dumb ex-players in the media keep spouting.

united for life

he got it out, whether it’s true or not, he said what he wanted to say. Now, i hope he stays fit and proves everyone (including me) wrong and perform well

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Pretty wild that Martial had made it through months of 5day per week training but somehow cant make a effort on the pitch. If only MUFC had medical staff that can clear players for matches after injury.

Did he go to loan to Sevilla knowing he couldnt put in a real shift?

NewUser777

He had one good season, and it was under Ole.. He is always injured, so I’m not sure what he is complaining about.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was very good interview, as usual people just react to spicy stuff.. sometimes it's good to hear other side of the story too.

I wish more players gives unfiltered interviews than trained bs.

phelans shorts

My word the Ole witch hunt is never gonna end on here. The moment something negative about him is uttered, no evidence is needed to crucify him.

Never mind that Physios and doctors wouldn't allow a player to be played if there's risk of him aggravating an injury, let's just believe something said by a wildly inconsistent and perpetually injured player, so we can again start blaming Ole. And this is a player half on here wanted gone in the summer. The Caf is something else :lol:
The thing is it’s very possible that Martial is telling the truth, the timeline does work after all. The attacking Ole over it however is more than a tad ridiculous, it’s not like we had any cover in that spell after all, the people attacking Ole now would have been fretting wound up at Dan James playing those games anyway.

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Polar

Martial and Bailly = same old shit; excuses, excuses excuses.

Ole's reign set the club back years, of course he is still going to be discussed. Because the consequences are still being felt.
Come on. Maybe he didn’t bring us forward, but to claim he set the club back is a fare fetched. Think you forget how the situation was.

Both Ole and Mourinho in the end lost the players, and the reason becomes more and more clear these days. TOO MANY PLAYERS THOUGHT TO HIGLY ABOUT THEMSELVES (lacked self insight).

Both Bailly and Martial have been seen through lately, and we can probably add Pogba and Lingard.

Luckily this group of knots is broken up, and the manager can now start to build a team.

SAFMUTD

Read the interview and can't help to think those are just a bunch of excuses. He's trying to justify his low level of performances. This is the kind of statements you made when you retire or when you're at the top. Not when you're down.

Marwood

I don’t even know what he said that was so bad but… yeah people hate him enough anyways at this point to take what he says earnestly.

Honestly I’m glad he said the shit about his body language. It was fecking stupid from the moment he got here that people constantly harped on it and it rubbed a bunch of fans the wrong way off the get go for no reason.
His body language makes him look low effort. The big problem is that he is low effort.

I don't get guys like Martial. They make something very simple, playing football, very difficult. So many reasons as to why he can't just go out there and play properly.

el3mel

I don't have any respect for players who comes and talks like this about their ex managers. No doubt Ten Hag will join that list of his later.

kaku06

I hate Martial fc but I swear the cult of Ole is the most horrendous thing to ever happen to the fanbase. Worse than Rabies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils

Never mind that Physios and doctors wouldn't allow a player to be played if there's risk of him aggravating an injury, let's just believe something said by a wildly inconsistent and perpetually injured player, so we can again start blaming Ole. And this is a player half on here wanted gone in the summer. The Caf is something else :lol: .

On the contrary!!

Ole: What is the Anthony situation at present?

Physio: Boss Anthony is 70% fit, i don't advise you play him yet!

Ole: 70% you say right, can he run?

Physio: yes but it might...

Ole: No buts Prepare him we need him for the next game!

Physio: Okay Boss.

it's possible this type of conversation might have happened!

90 + 5min

You lots who are just frothing at the mouth waiting to blast Martial, go and actually read the interview before wasting everyone's time with your rage induced takes over an interview you didn't even bother reading.

The interview was quite insightful and informative especially for those who are actually interested to know what happened behind the scenes. Trying to present this interview as Martial blaming and blasting past managers is ridiculous given the interview itself came off as him simply stating what happened during his time with previous managers.

And as to those condoning Mourinho BS of taking away a players shirt's number, go take a walk and stop embarrassing yourselves. :lol:
He is blaming people and giving some excuses. It is clear to see.

Players should just concentrate on playing football.

Pretty wild that Martial had made it through months of 5day per week training but somehow cant make a effort on the pitch. If only MUFC had medical staff that can clear players for matches after injury.

Did he go to loan to Sevilla knowing he couldnt put in a real shift?
People having go at Solskjaer don't understand how it works with injuried players. No point discusing that.

Martial should just concentrate on his game, work hard and hopefully come good. But if he keeps making excuses like this, he should be sold. We need characters and players that want to be better. Not that want to put blame on others.

Rightnr

The usual suspects spouting the usual attack lines from the British clown press are on good form in this thread.

Pogba was also played injured by our former incompetent manager against Rochdale but because he scored some goals for us, apparently it's treason to tell your side of the story.

Pathetic sheep behaviour in action

JPRouve

Scout
The usual suspects spouting the usual attack lines from the British clown press are on good form in this thread.

Pogba was also played injured by our former incompetent manager against Rochdale but because he scored some goals for us, apparently it's treason to tell your side of the story.

Pathetic sheep behaviour in action
To be fair I don't think that the issue is with Ole, it's more that some people are a bit strange. Basically players should never say a thing, managers and fans can say whatever they want but players shouldn't. It's the cult of the manager.

Rightnr

To be fair I don't think that the issue is with Ole, it's more that some people are a bit strange. Basically players should never say a thing, managers and fans can say whatever they want but players shouldn't. It's the cult of the manager.
Yet no one mentions that he didn't criticise LvG because that guy knew how to use him

fallengt

Tbt he does say the truth. He was firing under Mourinho then Zlatan took his shirt number and Sanchez took his spot in worldcup year. Anyone would be upset in this situation.

Don't know Ole' stuff but tbf everyone could see we weren't processing as a team in his 2nd season despite of the result (2nd place). So there were probably some truth to it

JPRouve

Scout
Tbt he does say the truth. He was firing under Mourinho then Zlatan took his shirt number and Sanchez took his spot in worldcup year. Anyone would be upset in this situation.

Don't know Ole' stuff but tbf everyone could see we weren't processing as a team in his 2nd season despite of the result (2nd place). So there were probably some truth to it
He wasn't firing when Mourinho gave the number 9 to Ibra, he and Mourinho arrived the same summer. Martial role was changed and he struggled initially but regained his spot during the second half of the season.

Andersonson

I'm so glad he's still here to sit the haters down.
I down hate him, just dont rate him. He has generally been woeful for us. A few good games in pre season doesnt change that.

He averages what, 8 goals a season? Yet he is our savior?

fallengt

He wasn't firing when Mourinho gave the number 9 to Ibra, he and Mourinho arrived the same summer. Martial role was changed and he struggled initially but regained his spot during the second half of the season.
Right. But we do agree Sanchez signing was nail in the coffin? Martial had been playing well before that. The worldcup part is definitely true.

Herman Toothrot

End of the day, it's normal for players to play through injury. It's a part of the game. That said, that United were having to rely on playing injured players so much is more of a reflection of the owners than the manager. If you want another stick to beat Ole with, here it is. But take a deep breath, regardless of if you think he had any talent as a manager or not, he would have wanted more players and he should have had more players. We didn't have enough and that's not on him. That's because of the owners. Know your enemy.

Also, I note many of the same people lining up to kick the corpse of Ole Gunnar Solskjær already have their boots stained with the blood of Martial and Rashford. I'm not for one second suggesting anyone is free from criticism here, but some of you seem more eager to "burst Rashy's/Martial's/Ole's/Bruno's bubble" than you are to back anyone in the fecking side. It's easy to criticise and insulate from bad results by wrapping yourself in "I told you so", but maybe dare to be a fecking supporter from time to time?

Roane

None of us know the goings on between player and manager/s. However I'm leaning towards Martials version, based on what was said or written at various times.

We had the Rashford back situation and the Pogba surgery issue under Ole. Both times the player got stick. Rashford because Ole said he wanted to play and Pogba because he opted for surgery.

Martial didn't say anything initially. But when he went on loan his club and the player said he couldn't play because of an older injury that hadn't been sorted properly. He then played but something reoccurred again an older injury issue.

Now I don't know if Pogbas current injury is linked to his ankle surgery but he did come back sooner than indicated.

Lindelof is also a player that played through injury.

All adds up for me

JPRouve

Scout
Right. But we do agree Sanchez signing was nail in the coffin? Martial had been playing well before that.
Funnily enough not really. Initially it was problematic because Mourinho moved Martial to the right where he has never been good but Martial injured himself and when he cameback Mourinho put him back on the left. Then in 18-19, Martial was one of our best performers under Mourinho. Only injuries have managed to put a nail on the coffin otherwise Martial has the bad or good habit to find a way to comeback from bad football situations.

Polar

On the contrary!!

Ole: What is the Anthony situation at present?

Physio: Boss Anthony is 70% fit, i don't advise you play him yet!

Ole: 70% you say right, can he run?

Physio: yes but it might...

Ole: No buts Prepare him we need him for the next game!

Physio: Okay Boss.

it's possible this type of conversation might have happened!
Serious:eek: Nothing wrong with your fantasy though:D

Usually it’s the opposite.

Manager: Are you fit for fight?

Player: Yes of course!

Manager to Physio: Is the player ready for action: will the niggle hold him back or get worse?

Physio: tumb up or tumb down.

Manager: Follows the physio’s advice, but may give a shit if we are talking about CL final or very critical match.

Rightnr

End of the day, it's normal for players to play through injury. It's a part of the game. That said, that United were having to rely on playing injured players so much is more of a reflection of the owners than the manager. If you want another stick to beat Ole with, here it is. But take a deep breath, regardless of if you think he had any talent as a manager or not, he would have wanted more players and he should have had more players. We didn't have enough and that's not on him. That's because of the owners. Know your enemy.

Also, I note many of the same people lining up to kick the corpse of Ole Gunnar Solskjær already have their boots stained with the blood of Martial and Rashford. I'm not for one second suggesting anyone is free from criticism here, but some of you seem more eager to "burst Rashy's/Martial's/Ole's/Bruno's bubble" than you are to back anyone in the fecking side. It's easy to criticise and insulate from bad results by wrapping yourself in "I told you so", but maybe dare to be a fecking supporter from time to time?
Corpses, blood, what is wrong with you? Just the language used shows you're clearly anything but objective

Red Stone

When Ibra got #9 we were speculating that Martial felt slighted by it leading to a drop in both performances and morale, and we were suspecting that Ole was forcing players to play through injury. Now both these suspicions have been confirmed by a player and we're attacking him?!

Some of our fans, I swear to God...

Good on Martial for speaking out. We might have had several rotten apples in the squad, and Martial may even be one of them, but our management and the higher-ups are far from escaping blame. The injury thing in particular is unforgivable and may well have permanently ruined Rashford's career at the top level. He's a shadow of his former self and has been for a long time. There's no excusing managers jeopardising players' careers due to their own ineptitude and cowardice.

criticalanalysis

The thing is it’s very possible that Martial is telling the truth, the timeline does work after all. The attacking Ole over it however is more than a tad ridiculous, it’s not like we had any cover in that spell after all, the people attacking Ole now would have been fretting wound up at Dan James playing those games anyway.

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
That's the issue though isn't it? He asked Martial to play through injury, played shit and then he got all the blame. Ole let the rest of the squad's chemistry and confidence dwindle as they had no playing time so even when he did play someone like James, they would subsequently play shit and then get the blame for being shit.

Ole as the manager is then being 'let down' by players 'downing tools' because they don't perform to the standard when he didn't really give them a platform to succeed.

What should have really happened is that Ole tells Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Bruno etc to rest/rotate and play the others. These players would either perform or not, in which case there would have been two likely outcomes 1) we as fans would call out the 2nd string aren't good enough and also discover 2) Ole is equally culpable because it shows he cannot get a tune out of the whole squad. It probably would have lead to his sacking seeing his incompetence and saving us the time of his overextended tenure.

Ok lot of conjecture there :lol: but you get my drift. I'm definitely going on a rant against Ole there and it's fully deserved imo. He rode the players into the ground, got 'results' yet wasted 3 years of our time because there was no progression from a footballing perspective at all. He just had better players than the rest of the league we finished above; nothing else.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Didn't Harry Maguire once hobble around a pitch for about 10/15 minutes before Ole finally decided to sub him?

Then of course there was the Leicester debacle last season with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.