5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

Quite noticeable the first 15 mins in the 2nd half how we couldn't keep the ball without him

Jev

What his critics can't seem to grasp is that we consistently simply play better when he's on the pitch. Badly missed his link-up play after the break.

acnumber9

Unless he’s injured that first half was atrocious. Playing at a completely different intensity to everybody else and fecked every move he was involved in.

Stadjer

Weird game. I dont think he had a very good game but he wasnt as bad as some claim he is either. Could have scored if Rashford passed the ball to him.

The general play of the team was better with him leading the line with his link up. Couldnt keep the ball in the team at all after he was taken off. He isnt all action like Rashford or Garnacho with runs off the ball and run at defenders with the ball and that does make him an easy target for criticism for the anti Martial brigade.

If only he could stay fit and become really match fit and sharp.... Curious to know if he was injured before the game already and his sub was planned.

acnumber9

What his critics can't seem to grasp is that we consistently simply play better when he's on the pitch. Badly missed his link-up play after the break.
He completed 8 passes in the first half. There wasn’t a lot to miss. They just stepped their game up second half.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
We consistently cannot create chances without him and are limited to playing the counter. One of a kind striker but people on here want big tall guy to cross to. Well City had one of those today and did feck all

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
People in here are going to slate him yet we are miles better with him in the side if you actually watched that game.

I'm fed up with the hate. Just ship him off and get his equivalent that's as good technically and I'll be happy.
For sure. We missed his ability to keep the ball and bring others into play in the 2nd half

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Do people even realize he wasn't fit or they're just being obtuse over that so they can push their "he doesn't care, lazy" agenda?

When under Ten Hag has Martial not pressed or sprinted? It was obvious he couldn't do that today because he wasn't fit not because he was being lazy.

People want player to try to play through some injuries for the team and when they try and predictably don't look 100% you have the masses screaming the players don't care.

Apokalips

Pretty clearly not fit and didn't sprint but we do play better with him as a focal point even at that level of fitness. I get why we decided to give him 45 with hope to avoid a repeat of the first City game.

Needs to find a way to stay fit and be aggressive.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Do people even realize he wasn't fit or they're just being obtuse over that so they can push their "he doesn't care, lazy" agenda?

When under Ten Hag has Martial not pressed or sprinted? It was obvious he couldn't do that today because he wasn't fit not because he was being lazy.

People want player to try to play through some injuries for the team and when they try and predictably don't look 100% you have the masses screaming the players don't care.
He's the most hated decent United player I can ever remember. I don't think people would be happy even if he banged in 20 goals (hell they weren't when he was constantly injured pre WC yet playing brilliantly when he could).

acnumber9

You realize we only had 30% possession right? Every pass he completed basically turned into a counter opportunity because he makes the ball stick. This wasn't just him having a kick about with the CB's
Except for the counters he fecked up with acres of space.

InfiniteBoredom

Unless he’s injured that first half was atrocious. Playing at a completely different intensity to everybody else and fecked every move he was involved in.
I beg your pardon, Bruno fecked a litany of chances and Casemiro got dispossessed on the counter once when Martial held it up and passed to him. He was offside a couple of times in the first 10 mins, otherwise was involved in setting up all our chances.

Slate him for his fitness, but his performance was perfectly fine, had Rashford squared it to him once he has gone past Ederson, Martial wouldn’t be getting these unfair criticisms.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People in here are going to slate him yet we are miles better with him in the side if you actually watched that game.

I'm fed up with the hate. Just ship him off and get his equivalent that's as good technically and I'll be happy.
It's bizarre. People would rather have someone who just sprints around a lot.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
We consistently cannot create chances without him and are limited to playing the counter. One of a kind striker but people on here want big tall guy to cross to. Well City had one of those today and did feck all
This is why Ten Hag is the manager and quite rightly like Martial while the CAF is just ignorant people who barely understand the game.

People slating Martial in the match thread harping on about how striker x or y would have been here or there for this or that chances, yet they forget we even got to create those chances and dangerous situations due to Martial's involvement and bringing players into the play.

Some hilarious takes as usual.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Lost control as soon as he went off. Hope he wasn't injured. Very critical for our team setup.

acnumber9

I beg your pardon, Bruno fecked a litany of chances and Casemiro got dispossessed on the counter once when Martial held it up and passed to him. He was offside a couple of times in the first 10 mins, otherwise was involved in setting up all our chances.

Slate him for his fitness, but his performance was perfectly fine, had Rashford squared it to him once he has gone past Ederson, Martial wouldn’t be getting these unfair criticisms.
I’ll ‘slate’ him for what I see fit. Martial didn’t give him a passing option because he made no attempt to lose the three defenders between him and the ball.

Frank White

Hard to argue we wasn't better when he was on the pitch but don't know if that was City playing in 1st gear or him, he did feck all in the 1st half tbh. He was genuinely walking around for most of the half and don't know if i'm getting wrong but his dribbling has gone to shit too.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He should be no more than a squad player at best if we want to move forward. Completely unreliable.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Should have had a goal or two if Rashford wasn't so greedy.

Wasn't his best performance but looked injured, we do play a lot better with him in the team.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Fundamentally lacks the intensity off the ball that you'd want from a CF and that's not going to change. He also just generally isn't near to being a top class CF.

That said, in this particular game he may have had fitness issues or whatever. Can see Weghorst playing quite a bit across the rest of the season.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Such a moronic take - he looked no worse today than he has in the past 2 weeks. But yeah, let's regurgitate tired takes like this :houllier:
Look at the trend, it's always the same with him, most average player in the last years. He was the slowest player on the pitch. Stop being so Martial FC.

meamth

Why the feck is he slated?

If we burried all those chances in the first half, that was all because of him starting most of the attack.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Hard to argue we wasn't better when he was on the pitch but don't know if that was City playing in 1st gear or him, he did feck all in the 1st half tbh. He was genuinely walking around for most of the half and don't know if i'm getting wrong but his dribbling has gone to shit too.
Sure he did feck all. Do you guys even watch games with your eyes open? How many chances or dangerous situations did we create in the first half? Now go watch them and see who was involved in managing those chances.

This is such a casual take.

Mr Smith

It's bizarre. People would rather have someone who just sprints around a lot.
They should be happy with Weghorst then.

Ten Hag just said in his post-match that Martial was subbed due to "some complaints", which I assume means an injury.

I find everyone piling in on him bizzare. He did his job in the first half; wasn't spectacular, but linked the play well and should have been played in a couple of times.

saik

The amount of support Martial continues to get is hilarious. Nani was a much better player for us and had a period of 18 months where he was absolutely world class but he never got this much love.

I hope we let him leave in the summer and get an upgrade. Can't stay fit and even when fit doesn't show any intensity or fight in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.