View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
The point was that he had 3 months to recover and still isn't fit to start yet.
Sure, but unless we know what injury it was specifically and medically, which the club only provides generic answers to at best due to patients privacy, we cannot speculate when players should be back fit and playing.

A hamstring injury for example can heal in 2 weeks or 3 months. A player has to fully heal, rehab, get fit, get match fit, then wait for the manager to reselect them. All while hoping not to get injured again since the most vulnerable time for a player to get injured is when they are returning from injury.

Sounds obvious to me but we have essentially crossed into conspiracy theory when it comes to Martial injuries at this point.

Roux

Sure, but unless we know what injury it was specifically and medically, which the club only provides generic answers to at best due to patients privacy, we cannot speculate when players should be back fit and playing.

A hamstring injury for example can heal in 2 weeks or 3 months. A player has to fully heal, rehab, get fit, get match fit, then wait for the manager to reselect them. All while hoping not to get injured again since the most vulnerable time for a player to get injured is when they are returning from injury.

Sounds obvious to me but we have essentially crossed into conspiracy theory when it comes to Martial injuries at this point.
It's not this specific injury that's the problem here - its the amount of them. He can't play because they are worried he'll be injured again, same reason they left him off the pre-season tour.

If he had a serve hamstring injury he wouldn't have been training for the last few weeks and in the gym prior to that. Even when fit - they don't trust him.

This isn't a conspiracy theory - this is history repeating itself over and over again.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's our successor for Lingard. People still see him as a young player with lots of potential despite the fact that he will be 28 at he end of this year.

Glorio

Whenever this thread gets bumped, one can't help but wonder whether it's new injury news

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Starts.

This is very likely his last season here and I don't even care if he's good or consistently fit throughout. Just please stay fit enough that we don't have to play Rashford at CF when we're not playing Hojlund. All I'm looking for is him to physically take up space on the pitch, sometimes.

HotOne

I always feel more confident when he's in the team. Even with his never ending injuries he typically slots back into the team well and knits everything together in attack. He's one of the few attackers we have who's intelligent on the ball and tends to make the right decisions. Equally it means Rashford back out to the left which is a certainly better than him being up front. Still not convinced by the midfield but it should be more balanced with Erikson in over Mount even if he's less mobile.

PoTMS

What the feck was that from him when he was clean through? It's like he couldn't be arsed. We should bin him off for that alone.

Woodenlung

His athleticism is completely gone. We would have been better off starting Sancho. He isn't that quick, but is surely more mobile than Martial now.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Surely some random academy striker will do much more than him?

Strangest Tribe

Utterly dreadful again but sadly that’s normal for him these days, I’ve never seen anyone look so bored playing in front of 70k + fans

CG1010

He was poor as a 9 but just having a proper striker in the team helped us so much. Our attacking game was so much more structured than last two games. Also helps to get Rashford on his favoured position. Hopefully between him and Hojlund we will be able to field one striker every game now.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Shouldnt be playing him, it will scare the Saudi's away.

fallengt

Played like 40 years old drinker who really hated football. I don't know wtf anymore. He was supposed to be United's Pele.
Can any Saudi team sign him up?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
First game back in ages. Give the lad a fecking break. He’s been ripped to bits because of his fitness record. And clearly he’s being replaced by Hojlund. But any player coming back off a long lay off is going to look rusty.

Jack-C20

Just occasionally when you forget about the game and just watch a specific player you realise just how little they help. I just don’t get it either. Strikers live to score goals and making a few runs here and there increase your chances infinitely. He just doesn’t seem to care.

That’s looking at it in a purely selfish way as well. If he moved about a bit it’d help the team massively as it opens space for others. We’re crying out for an intelligent striker pulling defenders about. Really hope Hojlund is that and he can stay fairly healthy otherwise we’re going to be half the team we could be.

Frank White

Hopefully just a lack of game time and he gets better as the game pile up, and he stays fit.

JuriM

He should be 3rd choice absolute emergency sub or even 4th choice. But he we so sort of strikers.