5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

Solid performance but he’s still so one dimensional. Once he breaks out a right foot he’ll go from man to monster.

Very involved today, especially first half. Getting into dangerous positions and could have scored a couple. Glad he got an assist for Weighurst, hopefully he kicks on.

Sylar

He spoke a bit about wanting to give more pre game and thought that was a good performance and another day he probably scores too.

Hopefully this second half of the season sees him shine

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was glad to see Antony being more direct tonight. Went at his man a few times and actually won the individual duels. Needs to do it more and have more belief with it too. Even when he went by his guy he was looking to check back.

Irwin99

Good game and finally has an assist :drool:

...that does count as an official assist right? :confused:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He only needs to add just a little bit more end product to be a really top player for us. The way he is able to carry the ball forward and almost never give it away is being seriously under-valued by his critics.

And that’s without even getting into his defensive graft.

redcucumber

When it all clicks consistently, he'll be fantastic. You can see he's got all the tools.

Vanrouge

Why any of us would make a definitive judgment after so few games of a young player new to a more demanding league I have no idea. That said, he showed signs today that he's taken the criticism on board and is working on any perceived deficiencies. The short-termism of modern football is beyond frustrating, so let's wait and see. I saw good things from him today, and that's all I can say.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
There were people who doubted Varane and Casemiro.
SO I'm not surprised there are some who doubt Antony.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The victory lap of some here after one good game is pretty laughable :lol: "you doubted him, he has all the tools!".

redcucumber

What's happened to United fans? the kids been here 5 months and already written him off. He's in his early 20's in the hardest league in the world.

Sure he has to improve on some things, but it's not been a total nightmare. Once the penny drops for him he will be a fanastic player i'm sure of it.
The shit that has been flung at him is the worst I've ever seen a player for United get in terms of how hasty it has been. Just insane stuff after literally 20 games. Bizarre.

lsd

The Oracle
Does he get his first assist tonight for Weghorst's goal?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
You could tell, he wanted to score fast in first 30 minutes. As long as he tries, he'll definitely find gaps to send more curlers into the net.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Why any of us would make a definitive judgment after so few games of a young player new to a more demanding league I have no idea. That said, he showed signs today that he's taken the criticism on board and is working on any perceived deficiencies. The short-termism of modern football is beyond frustrating, so let's wait and see. I saw good things from him today, and that's all I can say.
Because it's the internet and being a keyboard warrior is easy

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
The victory lap of some here after one good game is pretty laughable :lol: "you doubted him, he has all the tools!".
You seem to have a weird hate boner for Antony my dude. I will say though this forum is absolutely ridiculous in terms of knee jerk reactions :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Victory lap? Of enjoying a good performance in a semi final after a relentless wave of negativity aimed in his direction? What a joy you are.
I have absolutely nothing against people enjoying his good games, as I have nothing people who say he had a bad game (actually 10 of them but whatever).
Having any definitive opinon is a different thing though, and claiming that "he'll be so great" or "you doubted him, see!" is as absurd as claiming he'll never be more than a 15M player.

kundalini

A much better performance from Antony. Decent shot forced save that fell to Weghorst to score. Early attempt wide was reasonably close. Next shot off-target wasn't great. Might have done better with his big chance from Fernandes' pass but not easy to predict how the keeper will behave. Another shot saved in the first half. Pass to Weghorst forced him wider than ideal, for shot that was blocked. Also provided pass to Eriksen for shot that hit the bar and moments later, Rashford's shot from distance that was saved. One poor touch to lose possession that I noticed. Overall, a threat.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You seem to have a weird hate boner for Antony my dude. I will say though this forum is absolutely ridiculous in terms of knee jerk reactions :lol:
I have absolutely no hate boner for Antony, you can look at my posting history, not once did I came back here to say "I told you so" after a bad game, or had any definitive opinion about him. I just called it as I saw it, and unfortunately for a couple of months it was far more negative that postive analysis. Sorry if you can't handle an objective commentary.

redcucumber

I have absolutely nothing against people enjoying his good games, as I have nothing people who say he had a bad game (actually 10 of them but whatever).
Having any definitive opinon is a different thing though, and claiming that "he'll be so great" or "you doubted him, see!" is as absurd as claiming he'll never be more than a 15M player.
Congratulations on coming into a thread minutes after we get to a final to piss all over the bonfire. Weird moves.

Abraxas

Reasonably good tonight. I think that should be more like his baseline performance though.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You do understand the concept of a performance thread? It’s for people to discuss his performance. Which was good. Hence the praise. It’s a simple concept.
Please don't pretend that you didn't understand I obviously didn't refer to posters who only commented about his performance today.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Does he get his first assist tonight for Weghorst's goal?
In Fantasy he gets one but in real football no that doesn't count I'm afraid.

He definitely looks like a player who will score plenty goals but I'm yet to see the creative side. Hopefully it will come.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Congratulations on coming into a thread minutes after we get to a final to piss all over the bonfire. Weird moves.
I was actually coming to this thread because of the notifications to say he had a good games, but the "Some doubted Casemiro and Varane!" kind of posts triggered me.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Very good tonight, I actually feel he has been pretty decent all round so far.

Could he be better? Sure, but again, he's in a new team, new league etc, and he's contributing with goals.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looked better tonight. Something to build on. The next few games are easier than the previous few. I expect to see him getting goals and assists. He’s got the potential to be a scary player if he mixes it up a bit and finds his groove with the end product. I’m happy it’ll come together and we will have one of the best RW in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.