Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyhol

Don’t want to get on this guys case…

but can’t say im not disappointed with him overall.

some nice touches at times. Genuinely skilful.

but so predictable. I just don’t understand why fullbacks don’t just constantly show him down the line… because he only ever wants to cut inside.

and whenever we break via him in 2v2s or 3v3s… it just never ever comes to anything.He holds onto it for too long, the defence gets back in shape and the attack has to start over.

I know the price tag is never the player’s fault, but for the money we paid he seems such a one dimensional player.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He's got something. Annoying as feck. But he'll get there. Might take a year or so.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's no coincidence his performances have dipped a little since Dalot has been gone?

AWB just doesn't offer him so the same support, they aren't on the same wave length.

Once he came off the line and started linking with WW/Bruno/Eriksen he started showing his talent.

Gutted he didn't score the chance where he went racing through the middle. A nice sign of improvement, just needs to mix it up more still.

wangyu

I have doubted almost all utd players for the last 8 years, this includes Rashford who is now tearing up the league.
Sometimes you’re right, sometimes you’re not.

RedIan

His best game for a while. More direct, crisper passing. There is a top player in there somewhere.

SirScholes

He plays some nice passes under pressure, if he’d taken his goal this would be a much more positive thread
He was better partnered with Dalot, AWB isn’t a great player for him to attack with

Mike Smalling

Good performance. Something to build on at least. There’s a ton of ability and desire there, which is good, so if he improves on his decision making he will be an asset, I’m sure.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Much better. Don't care that he didn't score, was much more involved in the attacking phase. Calls for Pellistri to replace him were way premature. Atm he is the best we have on that right wing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The victory lap of some here after one good game is pretty laughable :lol: "you doubted him, he has all the tools!".
You might want to shift your worry to Messi's contract and Mbappe leaving to Real Madrid than worrying about Antony

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We moved the ball well today and Nottingham defenders did pretty bad to keep Antony out wide where he's not a threat.
WHen he's allowed to cut inside, good things happen. I just don't think this will be happening very often but this was promising performance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He did well today overall. Frustrating final ball still, a more typical Nani performance I'd say, but a better pre peak Nani day. He's shown plenty of talent and has shown enough where I do think he can turn into a top, top player. His decision making at the moment is horrendous, but he has good movement, great technique, and gets into goalscoring positions very frequently and gets a lot of shots off.

This year was always going to be the learning curve year with him, coming from the Eredivisie. He has it in him to be a high scoring winger though. The creativity though has to improve.

PSV

There were people who doubted Varane and Casemiro.
SO I'm not surprised there are some who doubt Antony.
There's some way between doubting multi-CL winners and comparatively a nobody.

Annoys me that we're effectively limited to counter attacking on the left whenever he is on, I think that makes us incredibly predictable.

Given what he's apparantly good as he seems more like the fella you bring on when under siege than a starter.

redcucumber

Annoys me that we're effectively limited to counter attacking on the left whenever he is on, I think that makes us incredibly predictable.

Given what he's apparantly good as he seems more like the fella you bring on when under siege than a starter.
How have you worked that out?! I've never had the thought this season that we're primarily just a counter attacking team that only attacks down the left. Do you actually watch our games?

The Purley King

Undeniably talented but unless he starts using his right foot he’ll be severely limited as an attacking threat.
3 times tonight that I counted he was 1:1 and the space outside was huge and he cut in every time.
He will be worked out fairly quickly if he hasn’t been already.

zaafi

Do you not remember Antony's goal when Martial won the ball in midfield? His quick thinking and pace made that goal. But I somewhat agree, he often stops while running because he thinks the defender will catch up to him, but when he gets a bit stronger he's going to be much more effective when we counter attack.

PSV

How have you worked that out?! I've never had the thought this season that we're primarily just a counter attacking team that only attacks down the left. Do you actually watch our games?
I'm not saying we're exclusively a counter-attack side, but we do have counter-attacks every game that he more often than not brings to a halt when performed on his side of the field.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He was really good today. He’s definitely a strange player and a frustrating player to watch but he clearly has something about him. It does feel like if he gets confidence he could be a terror.

lex talionis

Rashford, who's athletically superior but technically inferior to Antony, gives fullbacks fits because of his willingness to beat a defender to either side and has been fantastic this season. Antony could learn a trick or two from Rashford, and Pellistri, by being willing to beat the defender to the byline rather than always cutting back to his left side.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The quality is there - it's difficult to adjust to a new league, especially with a large price tag on your back. He's doing fine for me.

glasgow 21

The shit that has been flung at him is the worst I've ever seen a player for United get in terms of how hasty it has been. Just insane stuff after literally 20 games. Bizarre.
Absolutely agree it is like a cancer.
"Please, please make Antony fail, Please make me right along with Jason Cundy ,that other great Man utd fan"
The fee is 80m versus the value ETH has added to this squad, so I think that's us in the black now.
Does this make you feel better.
De Bruyne and Salah's chelsea saga should be a lesson for all.
The media has caught the criticism on Anthony in social media and are now making an issue. Its an embarrassment and the folk doing it should be ashamed of themselves. He has had no pre season then an injury ,then the world cup and back here with 3 day between games. Are you all Ole suppporters or what is the underlying issue?. Antony is a direct ETH player as is Martinez and Malacia , criticising Antony is criticising ETH as far as I see it.

portrushred

Im not seeing it with him. Early I know, but I get the feeling he's going to flop here. Hope I'm wrong, but he just looks like a shit Nani to me... we massively overpayed for him.

Bondi77

I did not see the game but I have read the BBC report on the game and I noticed in the player ratings Antony finished lowest so I assume he didn't do much.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I noticed Antony doing a Ronaldo. After taking his shot on goal (for Wout's tap-in goal), Antony just stood around, almost sulking when the ball was saved but bounced off the keeper's chest for the tap-in.
Barely celebrating with Wout.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I've seriously had enough of his bullshit. He can't finish to save his life. What the feck is wrong with him?! Absolutely infuriating. Even against Forrest he manages to waste ton of chances that any self-respecting forward would have turned into a 100% goal! What can we possibly expect from him in big games? He is quite possibly worse than Sancho was when Sancho was sent to his pilgrimage, or whatever it is that Sancho has been doing. Maybe Antony should have joined Sancho. Useless, absolutely useless

BlueHaze

I noticed Antony doing a Ronaldo. After taking his shot on goal (for Wout's tap-in goal), Antony just stood around, almost sulking when the ball was saved but bounced off the keeper's chest for the tap-in.
Barely celebrating with Wout.
Seen him on Ajax highlights doing this many times there as well it's just his personality..

BlueHaze

I've seriously had enough of his bullshit. He can't finish to save his life. What the feck is wrong with him?! Absolutely infuriating. Even against Forrest he manages to waste ton of chances that any self-respecting forward would have turned into a 100% goal! What can we possibly expect from him in big games? He is quite possibly worse than Sancho was when Sancho was sent to his pilgrimage, or whatever it is that Sancho has been doing. Maybe Antony should have joined Sancho. Useless, absolutely useless
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dominos

Rashford, who's athletically superior but technically inferior to Antony, gives fullbacks fits because of his willingness to beat a defender to either side and has been fantastic this season. Antony could learn a trick or two from Rashford, and Pellistri, by being willing to beat the defender to the byline rather than always cutting back to his left side.
Neville alluded to in commentary, Mahrez is the player Antony should be moulding his game on.

Mahrez doesn't have incredible top speed in a footrace but he's still beating full backs for fun. When defenders expect you to cut in and shoot then the outside is there for you to take if you want it. Once you start showing that you'll take the outside then defenders can no longer over-cover and that then opens up cutting inside again.

He should be feinting to cut inside and cutting back on to his right more often, you don't need incredible top speed all you need a quick change of direction (which he has) and defenders are powerless to stop it. And you don't need a strong right foot either to roll the ball across the 6 yard box for a team mate or to smack it goalwards from close range.

Realistically though ETH has been working with him for years and he's still not developed the confidence or competence to use his right foot or take the outside so I'm doubtful he's ever going to develop it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Not a fan. Decent tonight against a shite Forest side but I just don't see it with him. He just doesn't look threatening when facing up a full back. Rashford looks like a natural dribbler, Antony looks like he's always thinking "What now?" when running with the ball.

Also, is his fitness rubbish or what? He rarely finishes 90 minutes. Six full 90 minutes out of 20 games.

Vanrouge

Because it's the internet and being a keyboard warrior is easy
Sadly, I fear you're right. I mean, there are many good things about the internet, but it (or social media anyway) does seem to have produced this environment in which everything and everyone is judged in the moment as if that moment completely defines them. And if you can say it all in 280 characters, no matter how knee-jerk, all the "better."

Valencia Shin Crosses

Neville alluded to in commentary, Mahrez is the player Antony should be moulding his game on.

Mahrez doesn't have incredible top speed in a footrace but he's still beating full backs for fun. When defenders expect you to cut in and shoot then the outside is there for you to take if you want it. Once you start showing that you'll take the outside then defenders can no longer over-cover and that then opens up cutting inside again.

He should be feinting to cut inside and cutting back on to his right more often, you don't need incredible top speed all you need a quick change of direction (which he has) and defenders are powerless to stop it. And you don't need a strong right foot either to roll the ball across the 6 yard box for a team mate or to smack it goalwards from close range.

Realistically though ETH has been working with him for years and he's still not developed the confidence or competence to use his right foot or take the outside so I'm doubtful he's ever going to develop it.
Agreed, Antony seems much more one footed than Mahrez ever was. Although I never thought Rashford would develop as much confidence on his left as he has in just 6 months under ETH, so who knows

Skills

Snitch
Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.