5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quagmire Maguire

22 years old, in a new country a new league and in a shirt that weighs very heavy and people are writing him off already. Give your heads a wobble.

Tarrou

i like how hard he works and how much of a twat he is

if he could start going on the outside a bit it would make life much harder for defenders

hopefully he kicks on a bit now as we could use a bit more threat in the second half of the season

berbasloth4

Played well tonight but he is too one dimensional at the minute. Hopefully with age and coaching he imrpoves. It seems like he doesn't trust his right foot which I find hard to believe with an international footballer on 100ks+ a week.

croadyman

Surely Sancho coming back will push him to take on players more and improve right foot

BarryWinks

I've seriously had enough of his bullshit. He can't finish to save his life. What the feck is wrong with him?! Absolutely infuriating. Even against Forrest he manages to waste ton of chances that any self-respecting forward would have turned into a 100% goal! What can we possibly expect from him in big games? He is quite possibly worse than Sancho was when Sancho was sent to his pilgrimage, or whatever it is that Sancho has been doing. Maybe Antony should have joined Sancho. Useless, absolutely useless
WUM

Bondi77

Haven't seen much of it here but I am sure he did it a bit more at Dortmund
Obviously, that is why we paid over £70mil for him but he has not done it here.
I would say he has similar stats to Antony when it comes to getting past their marker.

Ibi Dreams

I did not see the game but I have read the BBC report on the game and I noticed in the player ratings Antony finished lowest so I assume he didn't do much.
That's nonsense. He was one of our better players.

Donut

Had a decent game, encouraging. At one point though he beat the full back then just stopped and let him recover, why?

Grande

He wasnt. He stopped every attack
I think he did well. His movement put him at the end of two good chances where he had one good shot and one bad. He created a beauitiful attack that put him through on goal, but he lacked an inch in the finish where Hennessy did good. Then he had a good shot that surprised Hennesy and forced a rebound out of him that gave us a goal. Apart from that he was tidy on the ball and defended well.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Absolutely agree it is like a cancer.
"Please, please make Antony fail, Please make me right along with Jason Cundy ,that other great Man utd fan"
The fee is 80m versus the value ETH has added to this squad, so I think that's us in the black now.
Does this make you feel better.
De Bruyne and Salah's chelsea saga should be a lesson for all.
The media has caught the criticism on Anthony in social media and are now making an issue. Its an embarrassment and the folk doing it should be ashamed of themselves. He has had no pre season then an injury ,then the world cup and back here with 3 day between games. Are you all Ole suppporters or what is the underlying issue?. Antony is a direct ETH player as is Martinez and Malacia , criticising Antony is criticising ETH as far as I see it.
ETH isn't above criticism and nor in Antony or anyone else for that matter. I agree that's far too soon to judge Antony, but with that price tag and his somewhat moderate impact, there will be plenty lining up to call him a dud. Forget your conspiracy theories about people wanting him to fail or Ole supporters, for £80m people expect a readymade talent and he is clearly some way off that. Hopefully he gets there soon.

kingEric68

For the money we paid he should be more mature as a player. I think he doesn’t lack confidence - he lacks skills at the moment. We are giving him a fair chance with this run but he needs to show progression and we can see glimmers at the moment. He needs to improve pretty dramatically but I think he has it in him

Real Name

I did not see the game but I have read the BBC report on the game and I noticed in the player ratings Antony finished lowest so I assume he didn't do much.
You're assuming wrong, but at least you admit not watching the game. Many dont do that and comment on players' performances.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The victory lap of some here after one good game is pretty laughable :lol: "you doubted him, he has all the tools!".
You have too much sand in your, when it comes to ManUtd players for some weird reason.

Drizzle

I've been resisting going in on Antony as he's young and new at the club. Last night though I lost my patience on a few occasions with him. So I'm somewhat bewildered to find that the consensus here is he played well...

He worked hard and looked more involved when he came inside, I'll give him that. But he should have scored, and he kills momentum every time he's released into space with just one defender in front of him. It's agony to watch the inevitable happen

Antony is where good counter attacks go to die
Indeed.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He wasnt. He stopped every attack
How did hd stop every attack? On the contrary, to me it looked like he enabled attacks and provided great ball retention.

For me, he had a great game yesterday. Never loses the ball, blood doesn't go to his head when in attacking positions, provides an outlet, defensively really solid, carried the ball into central positions on numerous occasions.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How did hd stop every attack? On the contrary, to me it looked like he enabled attacks and provided great ball retention.

For me, he had a great game yesterday. Never loses the ball, blood doesn't go to his head when in attacking positions, provides an outlet, defensively really solid, carried the ball into central positions on numerous occasions.
I think he might be eluding to the two he hit wide from inside the box and also the one where he should have scored and keeper saved.

Antony was a little better than usual last night but we did play one of the worst teams in the league. I still didn't see him put a single good cross or cut back in all game though. I'm not sure you can call him a winger. He's more of a striker because shooting is all that he seems to do in the final third. Creativity is almost zero.

Jeffthered

ETH (I assume) told him to take up a more central role during the first half, and this helped him, as he had to play more instinctively and respond to different situations. It was an ideal game for him, away from home, playing on the counter, and against a side that were rather naive at times. But maybe this will help him. What is interesting is that it shows that his prescence on the left is pretty ineffectual, and therefore there is a recognition that what he has been doing, isn't working. Maybe he should play some cameo roles in that central role, developing into that Joao Felix kind of player, because I think as a wide player, his limitations are pretty clear.

Real Name

Did Lisandro and Weghorst play well as the report said they did?
Yup. Lisandro was his standard self and Weghorst was really good too, involved in lot our attacks, had a good link up and hold up play and harrased Forest defenders with pressing all night long. Really liked his performance.

Real Name

I think he might be eluding to the two he hit wide from inside the box and also the one where he should have scored and keeper saved.

Antony was a little better than usual last night but we did play one of the worst teams in the league. I still didn't see him put a single good cross or cut back in all game though. I'm not sure you can call him a winger. He's more of a striker because shooting is all that he seems to do in the final third. Creativity is almost zero.
He isnt direct, why isnt he direct.
Goes direct, why didnt he have a single cross.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

A team that hadn’t lost a home match since September.

Status
Not open for further replies.