Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah that's now me done with him. I said I'd give it the full season but this guy ain't it. He's got no end product.

Skills

Snitch
@Fortitude the other threads locked. But you may as well share your objective opinion.

My opinion is the same one I had in the summer. He was a shocking transfer in the summer, he's still a shocking transfer now. You can not carry an attacker who doesn't offer a legitimate threat to the opposition. Robertson had nothing to worry about playing him.

The idea that teams would just double team him because he's Brazilian was inane all along. Nobody double teams him, the fullbacks square him and just wait for him to actually pass the ball back knowing he can not beat them.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's gonna get frustrating long term if he can't add to just cutting in and shooting.
His crossing was a big disappointment today
His shooting is terrible. Every goalkeeper just takes four steps to their right and then catches the ball with ease.

OL29

First time I’ve been genuinely pissed at him after a game. His final ball is dreadful.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The biggest issue continues to be that he has no real highs when you watch him. If he had some moments which made you jump
Off your seat you could live with the rest but he has no good moments at all.Hr has played 25+ games for United and apart from the few strikes I wish people would give me a compilation of anything good that he has done in attack

dove

Just as hopeless as he has been in every single game for us so far, just sometimes gets lucky scoring a goal. I have been done with him for quite some time now, absolutely nothing to suggest he can play football in the PL.

flappyjay

Should have been hooked at half time, a braver manager hooks him and weghorst in the 1st half.

redNATION

The thing is, even the likes of Lingard and Sanchez had the occasional brilliant games for us, I don’t think I’ve seen anything from Antony which is the real concern, he doesn’t even have a half game where he completely demolishes a full back and I think , yep that’s the 80m player

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Might be out worst ever signing. A kid who has only just broke into the fold is already a better player. Hahahaha.

Go back to Ajax and play against bin men.

PSV

His shooting is terrible. Every goalkeeper just takes four steps to their right and then catches the ball with ease.
Yeah, he did this two or three times when he joined and suddenly he's doing it on the regular despite everyone knowing about it by now.

Dannn411

We have seen this guy's maximum level and it is not even close to good enough. Not a single thing is he top class at. Literally not one thing. Might as well cut losses the way we did with Lukaku or Di Maria. Only thing worse than spending £90m on a disaster is continuing to let it fester believing in some magic fairy that he will become a superstar world beating winger eventually. Newsflash it is not going to happen.

SB16

100M is a lot for just "works hard" (which he also didn't do today). Needs to step up his game several levels to warrant a place in the starting XI. Absolutely atrocious going forward -- he's so frustrating to watch it makes Nani pale in comparison.

AndySmith1990

I was advocating his signing in the summer, believing we'd be getting an exciting right winger. Unfortunately he's been largely poor

Hulme91

Need a complete ban on spending over 70 million British Pounds on a single player, absolutely horrendous.

redNATION

We have seen this guy's maximum level and it is not even close to good enough. Not a single thing is he top class at. Literally not one thing. Might as well cut losses the way we did with Lukaku or Di Maria. Only thing worse than spending £90m on a disaster is continuing to let it fester believing in some magic fairy that he will become a superstar world beating winger eventually. Newsflash it is not going to happen.
He won’t survive the Qatari cull, they have standards and won’t stand for seeing average players in the shirt if they’re paying 6bn for the club.

hobbers

Hope we can recoup 30-40m on him.

Faster we get rid the better. He's not going to cut it here.

Superunknown

Not so much today, but Garnacho's performances have been showing Antony up. I've been, overall, very underwhelmed by what I've seen. He has a lot to learn if he wants to be a success here. I imagine we were all expecting much more.

Telsim

Might be out worst ever signing. A kid who has only just broke into the fold is already a better player. Hahahaha.

Go back to Ajax and play against bin men.
There's nothing "might be" about it. Spent a 90m euro on a RW and we still need a RW. I just hope he is not on a big wage, which will make him unsaleable.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We already need to replace a £80m+ signing :lol:

Dempsey19

I hope people don't start banging the term "knee jerk" about.

27 apps this season and not 1 of them did I say "Wow" during. Amad would of made more sense instead of spending so much on a 1 legged donkey.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Head can go when it's going against him.
Bruno, Shaw and him were the worst for it today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope people don't start banging the term "knee jerk" about.

27 apps this season and not 1 of them did I say "Wow" during. Amad would of made more sense instead of spending so much on a 1 legged donkey.
Nothing to say about any of his quality goals?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I saw more positive things by Gakpo today in 90 minutes than by Antony in all the games he played for us. And Gakpo would have been half the price. What the hell?

Dannn411

I am at the point where I would not start him again in any meaningful game this season barring injury to others. He has done absolutely nothing to earn a starting spot. I would start Garnacho instead and let him figure it out on the right. Enough of mediocrity.

Skills

Snitch
Yeah, he did this two or three times when he joined and suddenly he's doing it on the regular despite everyone knowing about it by now.
He did this at Ajax as well. Literally all the highlight compilations end with him taking a shit shot that a keeper saves that goes wide. Seldom one that ends in a goal :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
1 Assist this season is pretty telling.

He just can't pass... which is probably why he rarely takes the option too pass.

Jev

The most frustrating thing about it is you just know he's starting the next game too because of ten Hag's favouritism. It was always worrying in the summer when we were exclusively linked with Eredivisie/Dutch/former Ajax players: Did ten Hag have a clear enough grasp on what it takes to be a starting player at United? Now he needs to admit his mistake because this guy certainly does not have what it takes.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

He just can't pass... which is probably why he rarely takes the option too pass.
Yeah, that's a strange one. Felt like any time I saw Ajax in the CL in the last couple of years there was a Haller goal from an Antony assist.

Not having a striker with any real aerial threat (though Rashford is a hell of a lot better than he used to be with uncontested headers, at least) might be the biggest problem with that.

Telsim

He has as many assists as Pellistri, by the way. And Pellistri has more accurate crosses % than Antony.

I mean...

hp88

Should have been hooked at half time, a braver manager hooks him and weghorst in the 1st half.
Was really expecting to see Sancho and Garnacho come on at halftime, even at 2-0 it was salvageable with the pair of them on the pitch.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The most frustrating thing about it is you just know he's starting the next game too because of ten Hag's favouritism. It was always worrying in the summer when we were exclusively linked with Eredivisie/Dutch/former Ajax players: Did ten Hag have a clear enough grasp on what it takes to be a starting player at United? Now he needs to admit his mistake because this guy certainly does not have what it takes.
He's probably starting the next game because he's the only actual RW we've got and we've been better in more games with him on the pitch than without.

The only other real options are sticking Fernandes out there (who was just as bad if not worse), or Pellistri who spent the last two years sitting on the bench of the worst team in La Liga.

Jev

Yeah, that's a strange one. Felt like any time I saw Ajax in the CL in the last couple of years there was a Haller goal from an Antony assist.

Not having a striker with any real aerial threat (though Rashford is a hell of a lot better than he used to be with uncontested headers, at least) might be the biggest problem with that.
The problem clearly is that Antony's crosses have been utter shit all season.

redNATION

EtH can stick with him if he wants, but it’ll cost him his job in the long run, you can’t win things with passengers and if ETH has half a brain (which he clearly does) the penny will drop pretty soon that’s it’s either drop Antony or expose himself to target from the new owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.