5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

He is definitely working on that outside take on. Shouldn't really be something unexpected with a winger but when I don't see him do it all year then I suddenly see it two games in a row, that's a definite pattern.

I thought he was frustrating, but lively. Damn sight better than the fella on the other side. Antony actually gave a shit and was working. Started the game really well, but gradually became more frustrating with the decision making.

zaafi

He was much better than Sancho last night. In saying that he's hit the target just once with his last 14 attempts at goal apparently.

And once again, even after an encouraging display, he left the pitch with absolutely nothing.

Where are the goals? Where are the assists?
Even your parents must be bored of you commenting the exact same thing game after game. "Where are the goals?" "Where are the assists"? You know he literally had an assist, but was correctly ruled out offside, and he almost scored a sensational goal that hit the crossbar?
Do you make the same comment when Bruno, Rashford or Martial have one or two games without scoring or assisting? I know Antony hasn't exactly been scoring a lot of goals or assisting at all, but why can't you just praise him for a good performance without adding some unnecessary pessimistic garbage comment on top of it?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Without Rash and this chap we are toothless, boring and absolutely meek in offensive actions.

It's another game when he frustrates the opposition, puts huge amount of pressure on himself where 4 Sevilla players chasing him and he still doesn't back down from physical fight. Then he's subbed and we look like about to surrender entire season.

Bobski

Even when he is having a poor game in terms of execution he keeps going. He has that dog in him, complete opposite of Sancho who often meekly drifts out of games.

FerociousCorgis

just needs to improve the final moment. Add a different shot. Continue to work on taking the defender to the outside a bit before cutting back in. Otherwise i love the width he gives the attack. Seems like he moves well, even if isnt a true burner by any means. Idk think once we get more of the other pieces around he will only get better.

OL29

Happy for him, particularly that a certain poster won’t be able to post about him having no assists in the league after every game.

El Zoido

He’s improving, I’m a fan. He’s got the skills and the mentality, made winner.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Amongst our best players match after match, it was ridiculous how keen some on here were on writing him off.

The talent and quality is so clearly there. He still frustrates, I think he always will, but he understands how to threaten like few others. His movement and positioning really goes under the radar, he's extremely strong tactically for his age and role.

SirScholes

Been very critical of him recently
Needs to be said he was great today, maybe not always hitting the target but trying to play the killer pass trying to make things happen. Every week please

acnumber9

The assist was comfortably the best piece of play he’s done for United. If he can do that more often then he’ll find he gets more space for his shots because defenders will fear the pass too.

Castia

Really good game again

He’s going to be frustrating at times but if he keeps producing then he needs to be in the team

Chief123

Whatever you say about him, he’s got balls and courage and will always keep going. Need more personalities like him.

Swedish_Plumber

Keep driving into the space on the inside like he was in the second half and more will happen for him. Great game and happy for him.

Pirlo'sBeard

He's fantastic.

A constant threat who doesn't shy from the ball. The complete opposite of Sancho.

rajds89

By far his best performance in a United shirt. He just kept getting involved, kept trying things and got his goal and an assist to show for his efforts. Fair play to the lad.

jamesjimmybyrondean

One thing I think has really improved is his acceleration. He's not as slow with the ball as usual. He was gliding today

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
His decision making is frustrating at times, but he never hides from the ball and is always a threat. Very good game.

Idxomer

So, he can make a final pass instead of shooting every time.

His first MOTM performance at United.

El Jefe

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on him. He frustrates the living shite out of me but it can't be denied he doesn't hide and keeps going.

We've signed some shite over the years that just hide or show a lack of effort or desire. Antony is the complete opposite.

I guess I should start to look at him from a glass half full perspective rather than half empty.

This was probably his best game this season. Been in good form lately and its definitely at a time when we need it.

Marwood

I didn't think he was all that good today but had two important moments. Lovely assist.

For sure though he's better when allowed to drift inside. Don't understand why he doesn't do it more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thats definitely more like it. Sharp, threatening, actually looking to go outside, and a quality assist.

Just need to get rid of the shit shots now (but keep the good ones obviously)

telstar96

Great performance today!! The potential hasn't disappeared. With better players around him, Antony will flourish.

saivet

Excellent today and a brilliant assist at an important moment too

youngrell

Seemed to come together for him today and you could see him grow in confidence as the game went on as he showed more aggression in his play. Great if he can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.