View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, much more direct and aggressive and you can see the threat he is showing. Could see him getting 20 goals+ next season if he keeps progressing.

Antony with an assist from a lovely pass for Dalot. And scored a tap-in after Martial's shot was saved, as well as the usual curling shots just wide.

He played like a United winger for sure. Fantastic assist and desire to get the goal ahead of Lodi. People are going to get frustrated with his curlers sailing wide every game, but if he can hone that to somewhere even close to Robben levels, what a player we'll have.

Seemed to come together for him today and you could see him grow in confidence as the game went on as he showed more aggression in his play. Great if he can keep it up.
I think lately he's been showing more and more. He's definitely growing in confidence.

Things starting to come together for him. Hopefully finishes the season strong and nails down that RW berth. Fill a couple of big ???s below and we'll have a good side next season. At the very least a forward and a CM.

---- Rashford --- ??? ----- Antony ----
------------------ Bruno -----------------------
-------- ???? --------- Casemiro ----------
-- Shaw -- Martinez -- ?? --- ??? -----
------------------ ??? ----------------------------

First game he's looked like the player we thought we'd signed. Can only assume he's been working with the coaches to adjust his game.

Happy for him, particularly that a certain poster won’t be able to post about him having no assists in the league after every game.
He’ll find something else to say. Hahaha

He's been good for a few weeks now but today he was great.

And Hag didnt drag him off.

Two really good performances in a row. I’ve given him a lot of stick this season but the last couple of games he’s looked a lot more like the player I had hoped we were signing. Hopefully he keeps it up.

If he grows out of the frustrating moments he's going to be top class

Another very good performance. Best one so far for us imo. Nice thing that he's improving and stepping up when Rashford is out and we really need the goals.

Excellent again today. Wish the fella on the other wing would follow suit.

Definitely his best overall game. It's fine margins with him. If you take his decision making and bump it up a few notches he's suddenly a player. Because you can't really doubt his technical ability, bravery to keep trying things which is a really underrated quality, dribbling. Unless you're very silly anyway.

It's just these little details of improving the ratio of good decisions he makes. Getting his head up and not going for the shot into the far corner every single time. I'm starting to see that. The last 3 games there is a concerted effort to go on the outside as a change up so the manager is definitely in his ear. That makes him infinitely more dangerous to full backs and makes the cut inside which he wants more effective.

Also must get better at appearing at the back post and smelling where the goals are going to appear. He did it once but there could have been a hattrick out there for him if he had that killer instinct and positioning. Again that's small margins, that's something to be coached.

Best player in the second half. Don't think I'll give him a MotM because Bruno was probably the best over 90 minutes but am really happy with Antony's performance.

Things starting to come together for him. Hopefully finishes the season strong and nails down that RW berth. Fill a couple of big ???s below and we'll have a good side next season. At the very least a forward and a CM.

---- Rashford --- ??? ----- Antony ----
------------------ Bruno -----------------------
-------- ???? --------- Casemiro ----------
-- Shaw -- Martinez -- ?? --- ??? -----
------------------ ??? ----------------------------
Varane???

Also I'm really liking how Wan Bissaka is playing right now. I think between him and Dalot right back shouldn't be a huge priority

Good performance. Needs to keep improving, maybe try a near post shot from time to time. He has the necessary fight to make it here.

It's only Forest but if he can carry on this sort of confidence to every game then maybe he can actually live up to his price tag

Improving all the time. Another year and I think he could be a top player.

Much better today. Goal, assist and actually used his right foot effectively. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Please can we see more of this?

Can't decide whether I rate the performance or whether it was a 'its only Forest' scenario

Last edited:
Tap in merchant :drool:

Scored and got an assist but didn't even played that 'well' for me as he had the ball a lot and wasn't consistent enough with it. For me that's promising though and just shows he's got some very good fundamentals.

Against an easy open opposition but we need players who can do that.

This is what I expected from him when we signed him - I expected some frustration, but he would be going after their full back again and again - I think he’s played it safe for most of his time here, but the last few games he’s really switched it on and attempts to take on his marker over and over. Another great game from him today

Improving each week and he's becoming an invaluable part of the XI.

You already see the difference in attack and the team balance whenever he's not there either.

For all the moans earlier in the season, he's already bested his numbers from last season at Ajax in a tougher league.

He's got the tools to be a real asset for us long term as long as he keeps his drive to get better which his attitude/mindset seems to all but guarantee. He's a hard worker with talent to boot, got the potential to be frightening whenever he puts it all together

If he just had that desire for assists that he has for goals he'd be so much more dangerous than he already is. Once he has defenders guessing more, he'll have a huge advantage and his productivity will go up even more. But already so good to see us with a proper right winger

could it be with Sancho being the opposite winger he has been tasked to be direct as opposed to when its Rashford and Garnacho playing on the opposite flank?
I've noticed the shift since Weghorst was dropped and Rashford was played central.

Status
Not open for further replies.