g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Antony image 21

Antony Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
City is in 10 days. He has time to recover if it is something minor (which is never when we are in question).

Strootman's Finger

If he was dropped, like Rashford, it will have been to the bench. Especially given we have limited options in the forward areas.

He’s picked up a knock I imagine. Hopefully nothing related to his previous absences.
I don't think Brazil is playing in another world cup this season.

kaku06

Vulgarian
A lot of money wasted if he gets injured all the time. That’s 2 of the front 3 that’s injury prone. We’re basically relying on rashford.
Add Sancho’s absence to the mix and our frontline look worrisome:nervous:

Funkenstein

The lad was in sunny Qatar from mid November, he's probably been in shock at coming straight back to deepest, darkest Manchester winter :lol:

GoldanoGraham

He needs to be out of the spotlight for a bit - clearly taking time to settle. If he was pursued so much by ETH then I’d be worrying a lot about him though.

Quite often players from the Dutch league take time to adjust to the EPL so hopefully that is the case, after all, Sancho has also struggled to adjust.

If bedded in correctly without so much pressure then they both should be fine - very much helps when the team is doing well.

That does give some support to why players already proven in the EPL generally cost more money.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Despite his form, the pass maps do show how much balance he brings to us as a team. We became left-hand side heavy again yesterday until Garnacho came on, when Antony plays it's very evenly balanced which I do feel is very important from a systemic perspective.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
How bad is the injury?

croadyman

Despite his form, the pass maps do show how much balance he brings to us as a team. We became left-hand side heavy again yesterday until Garnacho came on, when Antony plays it's very evenly balanced which I do feel is very important from a systemic perspective.
Yeah he definitely provides real balance

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Some players need time to settle, he's got the skills, lets give him time. I don't think he needs the amount of time Martial has had..
I mean so far he hasn’t showed us even a glimpse of the talent that young Martial had. That’s why we stuck with him for so long!

Member 101269

I mean so far he hasn’t showed us even a glimpse of the talent that young Martial had. That’s why we stuck with him for so long!
We probably stuck with Martial because of his wages. It's hard to compare the two. I don't think he needs or should get the amount of time Martial has had.

Strootman's Finger

Real Name

Oh, the Brazil doctor was backing his story, well that didn't benefit Brazil at all, I should definitely trust him. He missed 5 games for United and was too injured to be on the bench for United on Sun, for their last game before the WC and he did a full training session with Brazil 2 days later. Don't be daft, you can put 2 and 2 together.
Oh so Brazil doctor was on it too? Seems to me you're putting 2 and 2 and getting 5.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Oh, the Brazil doctor was backing his story, well that didn't benefit Brazil at all, I should definitely trust him. He missed 5 games for United and was too injured to be on the bench for United on Sun, for their last game before the WC and he did a full training session with Brazil 2 days later. Don't be daft, you can put 2 and 2 together.
fecking hell. The only person being daft here is you. :lol:

We need an rvn

We probably stuck with Martial because of his wages. It's hard to compare the two. I don't think he needs or should get the amount of time Martial has had.
Martial should never have been given that new a few those years ago in the first place - maybe whoever gave it to him thought he'd eventually come good but he never was. We should have let him go on a free rather than give him another £250k 5 year contract as it was obvious his attitude just isn't right (proven again as Sevilla)

I agree that Antony shouldn't be given the same amount of time Martial was given (which includes patience, time to get used to the PL / new language etc). Most would agree a flop shouldn't be given 8 years - but at the same time I don't think you can give Antony just this year and next before writing him off. He's only 22 and on a 5 year contract. What would you say would be a fair time to give him?? I'd happily give him the 3-4 years before seeing selling him as the talent is there to see, I think he's just taken back by the strength and pace of the PL and is still adjusting to life in England

Strootman's Finger

Oh so Brazil doctor was on it too? Seems to me you're putting 2 and 2 and getting 5.
fecking hell. The only person being daft here is you. :lol:
Miraculous recovery in one day? I am sure there were a lot of players doing this before the world cup, but I don't really pay attention to other clubs players. But Brazilian player, (who tend to value national football over club) on the fringes of the first team, dream comes true picked for the world cup, gets a knock a month out, scares him, and he rides that knock right into the world cup to avoid any further injures, while players were dropping out of the world cup left right and center around him.

I'm sorry, but do you people really believe everything your told? Sometimes in life you have to use your own intelligence to piece things together.

He literally wasn't fit enough to even be on our bench on sunday, but took part in a full training session 48 hours later.

Real Name

Miraculous recovery in one day? I am sure there were a lot of players doing this before the world cup, but I don't really pay attention to other clubs players. But Brazilian player, (who tend to value national football over club) on the fringes of the first team, dream comes true picked for the world cup, gets a knock a month out, scares him, and he rides that knock right into the world cup to avoid any further injures, while players were dropping out of the world cup left right and center around him.

I'm sorry, but do you people really believe everything your told? Sometimes in life you have to use your own intelligence to piece things together.

He literally wasn't fit enough to even be on our bench on sunday, but took part in a full training session 48 hours later.
Are you big on conspiracy theories?

Mr PG

Van der sar said they didn’t want to sell Antony even for £84m as they felt he was the one player who could one day be World class.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Stacks

Van der sar said they didn’t want to sell Antony even for £84m as they felt he was the one player who could one day be World class.
when is the last time Ajax produced a world class player? tell me over the past 15 years, players they have had they have gone on to be world class?

BarryWinks

Of course he'd say that. Before Anthony their last "potential WC player" was Neres. Last I heard he was slugging it out in the Ukrainian league

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well we bought him for £200m so....
Joking aside, so all it took was £2m extra for Edwin to say yes.

matsdf

when is the last time Ajax produced a world class player? tell me over the past 15 years, players they have had they have gone on to be world class?
Luis Suarez is certainly one.

Status
Not open for further replies.