Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red_7

I fear he will run down his contract with us. Nobody will want him for his current wage if at all a club wants him

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Getting all personal and pissy is just sad. He's a shite footballer, yes. But no real need to go as far as the odd 'young is shit' in a matchday thread.

Football fans in full flow are embarrassing.
Yep. The one that still takes the cake for me was in a ask Carrick thing on twitter I think and someone asked him would he rather go back in time to kill hitler or stop Cleverley from being born. There was then articles in newspapers with a collection of hateful tweets to Cleverley. Why the feck are papers give these gobshites and their drivel such attention is ridiculous.

Gannicus

I'm sure every big club has it's dead weight players. We're no different.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
But, who is going to buy him for those wages? And why would he go for a drop in wages?
Thankfully there's full two months to determine that but I agree that this sad situation may and will be a problem. The other thing is that he's completely useless with his recent injury run. Nobody indeed will want a player who spend most of his time injured and get 100k.

He needs to go or Louie needs to find a miraculous cure to his both low form and fragile injury resistance not to mention his pointless crossing to no one... It's close to impossible.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Why? its justified I'd say. When he starts we are worse off by a margin and when he comes on off the bench even for someone having a shocking game we are noticeably worse off. He loses the balls several times in a match which can go from you having a scoring chance to you being on the end of a scoring chance. He is absolutely USELESS!
There's genuine hate for him which is fecked up.
People have booed him on occasions.

Our support has become like spoilt kids.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Thankfully there's full two months to determine that but I agree that this sad situation may and will be a problem. The other thing is that he's completely useless with his recent injury run. Nobody indeed will want a player who spend most of his time injured and get 100k.

He needs to go or Louie needs to find a miraculous cure to his both low form and fragile injury resistance not to mention his pointless crossing to no one... It's close to impossible.
If Ashley does go I reckon it will be a season long loan with us agreeing to subsidise his wages type deal.

Oneunited26

I'm sure every big club has it's dead weight players. We're no different.
Problem? the dead weight has been starting games not appear has squad players, do we need list off fellaini, cleverly, anderson when he was in shape, valencia, nani and young. We need players who can force the dead weight out the door, it never helps his case when he plays so bad, and is on wages beyond his talent

Oneunited26

Yep. The one that still takes the cake for me was in a ask Carrick thing on twitter I think and someone asked him would he rather go back in time to kill hitler or stop Cleverley from being born. There was then articles in newspapers with a collection of hateful tweets to Cleverley. Why the feck are papers give these gobshites and their drivel such attention is ridiculous.
That question maybe the funniest question I have ever read, and I thought the tea bag joke with spain and england was funny LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

An Irish Red

I don't think he's half the problem people seem to think he is. As a fourth choice winger he's alright (Januzaj, Nani and Valencia all ahead of him).

Obviously if we got the chance to bring in Sanchez/Di Maria and Van Gaal was up for it then one of them would have to go but that's not a priority for us now by all accounts.

Oneunited26

Hopefully you are banned soon enough with shit like that. Comparing a footballer to Hitler is in no way funny.
LOLLLLL someone's touchy, and you really think I can be banned for finding it funny, if you think that joke is the worst you have seen, you have seen nothing. And I did not even make up the joke, I said it was funny there is a difference

Last edited:

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I don't think he's half the problem people seem to think he is. As a fourth choice winger he's alright (Januzaj, Nani and Valencia all ahead of him).

Obviously if we got the chance to bring in Sanchez/Di Maria and Van Gaal was up for it then one of them would have to go but that's not a priority for us now by all accounts.
That's my view on it.
He very rarely moans and he'll be happy as a bit part player.

Can also fill in on a temporary basis on either wing which over a long season can be massive.

Scholes.92

people mentioning his wages, surely if we just sell him of for £5 million cheaper that will save the buying club money for his wages? I reckon we ould get £7 million for him as he'd be a key player for any team outside the top 6. People seem to be forgetting just how good he was for villa. Im mixed on him at the moment, if he's confident and fit he's a very good player and would be still worth keeping around, Van Gaal seems the type of manager who can get his confidence going and get him up and running, if so him and Nani are worth keeping around for me

NK86

The problem with that is all the 3 above him are also squad players currently (Januzaj because he is still very young), so we need to get someone more suited to first choice. Out of all the 4, Januzaj is definitely not going anywhere, Valencia has just signed a new contract, if reports are to be believed then LvG blocked Nani's sale to Juve. That only leaves us with Young to be replaced by a definite first team player.

Oneunited26

The problem with that is all the 3 above him are also squad players currently (Januzaj because he is still very young), so we need to get someone more suited to first choice. Out of all the 4, Januzaj is definitely not going anywhere, Valencia has just signed a new contract, if reports are to be believed then LvG blocked Nani's sale to Juve. That only leaves us with Young to be replaced by a definite first team player.
I don't think we have an outstanding wide player , they are all very much On the same level

Glanville95

He isn't 'alright' in any capacity here at all. He simply isn't good enough for a club of our stature whether that's playing a first team role or as a squad player. His contribution is very minimal and we are talking about a player reportedly earning £120K a week. He is very much part of the problem in which we are struggling in the winger department.

He simply must be sold, as he's completely dispensable. Ideally, we will bring in a quality and competitive wide player, but even if we don't; Januzaj, Valencia and Nani could suffice, or we could promote Lingard to take Young's place. He would be a more appropriate squad player given the disparity between their earnings and the fact he will offer something different.

Even if he does stay - I imagine he might because no one will one to equal or pay close to his wages - I expect him to be ostracised from the squad under van Gaal. Probably barely get a game next season.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

I would understand and sympathise, however he is a very expensive 4th choice winger, and his output in no way justifies the outlay either.

Plus his contract runs out in 2 years - so do we cash in on him, let his contract run down or offer him a new one?

bishblaize

His performances since he came to United have been almost uniformly poor. At least Nani and Valencia have had a good spell at some point in their United careers, suggesting there's the possibility of magically getting back to their best, even if the chances are remote. Young played well in that Arsenal thrashing, scored a decent brace in an otherwise unimpressive performance away at Spurs, has popped in the odd long ranger in low key games and that's about it. In terms of general play you really are looking at a single quality performance in 3 seasons.

I cant think of a single reason not to give his place to a youth player.

Ling

Oh, I'm ever so hopeful when I come in this tread for some sucker to offer something for Young. I don't care about grammar, btw.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His performances since he came to United have been almost uniformly poor. At least Nani and Valencia have had a good spell at some point in their United careers, suggesting there's the possibility of magically getting back to their best, even if the chances are remote. Young played well in that Arsenal thrashing, scored a decent brace in an otherwise unimpressive performance away at Spurs, has popped in the odd long ranger in low key games and that's about it. In terms of general play you really are looking at a single quality performance in 3 seasons.

I cant think of a single reason not to give his place to a youth player.
Harsh but fair. One of Fergie's worst signings, especially when you consider the fee/alleged wages.

Cina

Harsh but fair. One of Fergie's worst signings, especially when you consider the fee/alleged wages.
Fergie's transfer record was pretty dire in the last few years, shocking really. Most managers would've be ridiculed badly for it. Just as well he was still a great manager on the field.

Pogue Mahone

Fergie's transfer record was pretty dire in the last few years, shocking really. Most managers would've be ridiculed badly for it. Just as well he was still a great manager on the field.
It's looking that way. If Nani, Valencia, Anderson and Kagawa all end up as a busted flush (which is not unlikely) his record will probably be the worst of any top flight manager over the same period of time.

Who was the last player he signed that ended up as a long term success, other than RvP? Vidic and Evra? Back in 2005? 9 fecking years ago. Throw in the departures of Pogba and Pique (probably bit harsh to include the latter) as well as Forlan winning the golden boot after leaving United and it makes Fergie look borderline negligent!

Cina

It's looking that way. If Nani, Valencia, Anderson and Kagawa all end up as a busted flush (which is not unlikely) his record will probably be the worst of any top flight manager over the same period of time.

Who was the last player he signed that ended up as a long term success, other than RvP? Vidic and Evra? Back in 2005? 9 fecking years ago. Throw in the departures of Pogba and Pique (probably bit harsh to include the latter) as well as Forlan winning the golden boot after leaving United and it makes Fergie look borderline negligent!
Can't believe you forgot Carrick given how much you defended him over the years, shame on you ;)

but yeah, hard to believe how bad so many of them were. To be fair though, I don't think anyone could've predicted how bad our main set of 'flops' (the 07 crowd) would turn out to be.

mata10

If he is sold even for 1 pound , it will be the best transfer business we have done since buying rvp.

revel911

How can call them bust when we have titles with them in the teams? I agree Nani and Anderson are terrible now, who knows what is up with Valencia and Kagawa hasn't shown his potential .... yet, but we still have titles with them playing games.

Losing Pogba stings ..... nit worried about the loss of Pique.

Pogue Mahone

Can't believe you forgot Carrick given how much you defended him over the years, shame on you ;)

but yeah, hard to believe how bad so many of them were. To be fair though, I don't think anyone could've predicted how bad our main set of 'flops' (the 07 crowd) would turn out to be.
Jaysus, my bad :o

Slim pickings over a very long period of time though. Up until very recently I was assuming the likes of Young, Valencia, Nani and Anderson would form the bedrock of our next great team. If they don't Fergie's track record in the transfer market over the last 7 or 8 years looks very fecking unimpressive. And that's a very long period of time, with an awful lot of money invested in our squad.

It's mad that this coincides with arguably the most succesful spell in the history of our club. In a way it's great evidence that winning trophies is about so much more than being an expert at buying and selling players. Which is something the FM generation really struggle to get their heads around.

Oneunited26

I would not call nani Valencia and Anderson a busted flush, Anderson and nani between 2007 to 2011 and Valencia between 2009 to 2011 were pretty key players for united during those years, it's just after 2011 their cycle started to come to an end.

Pique had Ferdinand and Vidic in their prime infront Of him, the greatest partnership fergie probably ever had. Pogba was the one that did get away, who could have easily walked into the united midfield, when united were at their weakest in that area

has for kagwa I just cannot see the boss sacrificing players and hope kagwa comes through who is good, but he's not better than mata Rooney etc in the hole.

In 2004, forlan had to deal with competition from RVn the clubs leather goal scorer at the time, while Saha and Rooney along with smith all 3 were signed within an 8 month period, with Ronaldo developing, so forlan had to be moved on

Last edited:

MUFCpiffgawd

I actually think A.Young(and Nani, and Valencia) will have a good season under LVG.

Shark

@NotShark

I agree, but you're forgetting De Gea there Pogue. :)

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

We've not missed Pique at all, he's not even that good anyway.

An Irish Red

He isn't 'alright' in any capacity here at all. He simply isn't good enough for a club of our stature whether that's playing a first team role or as a squad player. His contribution is very minimal and we are talking about a player reportedly earning £120K a week. He is very much part of the problem in which we are struggling in the winger department.

He simply must be sold, as he's completely dispensable. Ideally, we will bring in a quality and competitive wide player, but even if we don't; Januzaj, Valencia and Nani could suffice, or we could promote Lingard to take Young's place. He would be a more appropriate squad player given the disparity between their earnings and the fact he will offer something different.
We've just signed Herrera and Luke Shaw looks set to come in. On top of that most sources reckon we're after another midfielder and a defender. Surely that has to be the priority rather than worrying about replacing Young? strengthening the squad to where we want to be has to be a fairly gradual process. Get the black hole in our midfield fixed (we're halfway there) and sort out the defence and then from a position of strength next year we can worry about the wings.

Don't get me wrong though, if Van Gaal said he wanted a winger and Young was the one he wanted out then fair enough, I wouldn't complain. I just don't think it's an urgent problem.

Glanville95

We've just signed Herrera and Luke Shaw looks set to come in. On top of that most sources reckon we're after another midfielder and a defender. Surely that has to be the priority rather than worrying about replacing Young? strengthening the squad to where we want to be has to be a fairly gradual process. Get the black hole in our midfield fixed (we're halfway there) and sort out the defence and then from a position of strength next year we can worry about the wings.

Don't get me wrong though, if Van Gaal said he wanted a winger and Young was the one he wanted out then fair enough, I wouldn't complain. I just don't think it's an urgent problem.
I never said it was essential. I said ideally we will sign a winger, because all three of Nani, Young and Valencia are unreliable and Januzaj is just 19. For those reasons I do think it's an area we need to strengthen, but it's not critical like central midfield or left back. We are strong in offensive positions anyway, so our front four will look strong on paper even if there isn't one winger taking up a place.

However, what I was implying, is that Young is completely dispensable. He's on huge wages and his contribution is probably less than any other player in our immediate first team squad - Anderson aside. We should look to sell him as soon as possible, as his wages are completely unjustified and he doesn't do anything Lingard or possibly Zaha couldn't. Selling Young wouldn't be a determining factor in whether we sign a winger or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.