Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

Well done Ashley! After a few people (me included) had criticised him for his lack of end-product he goes and produces that!

Imagine if 12 months ago you got told that Ashley Young would be keeping Di Maria out of our starting XI. You would not have believed it.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Well done Ashley! After a few people (me included) had criticised him for his lack of end-product he goes and produces that!

Imagine if 12 months ago you got told that Ashley Young would be keeping Di Maria out of our starting XI. You would not have believed it.
And Fellaini is keeping him out of a spot in midfield! :smirk:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Last summer, I was in the minority who believed that he would be just a mere squad player who'd still be useful for us but not get too many appearances in our team. I never thought that he'd be a key, but I did think that he'd be a useful filler in the team as he's a player who loves this club and always works hard for us.

However, looking at him this season, he has slowly started to become a more key player for us, which is impressive as I thought that he wouldn't really be this useful!

Huge credit goes to Young himself, though, for fighting back and establishing himself in our team.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Will hold my hands straight up. He was first out the door for me last season, even before Fellaini. Has completely turned it around and all the credit to him. It's great to see.

beergod

Well done. Well done. I wrote you off before the preseason, but Ashley has been incredible for the last month. He may not be putting in excellent service with every cross, but he isn't hiding under LvG. This is the Ashley Young we hoped we were buying a few seasons ago.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thought he'd be our new Alves, based on summer pre-season.

Young might not the player that can take us to the 'next level', but to win the league, we need players like him and Valencia in the squad who would give 100% commitment and consistency the whole season.

Di Maria is still adapting, and I think he'll come much better next season, and may take Young spot. But looking at City on how some just didn't bother to 'fight' when the chips were down, it makes you appreciate Young even more.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Give the guy a new contract. Don't care if he's not considered world class, he's one of those few players who genuinely look thrilled to be at the club. Not to say the rest aren't committed, they clearly are - but Young actually acts like a fan and plays with his heart on his sleeve. We sure he wasn't raised in Manchester or something?!

I'm actually so happy for him (and Fellaini). Two players people just brushed aside. I admittedly wasn't as patient for Young as I was for Fellaini, but I had a feeling Van Gaal would make him improve as soon as it became obvious that he was staying with us. Had no idea he's improve by this magnitude though.

Fantastic statistic. World Class? Probably not. Efficient? Most definitely. He's clearly a confidence player and right now, he must be on cloud 9. Forming a lovely partnership with Blind too.

One of my favourite United players now.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
who would give 100% commitment and consistency the whole season.
Something which I think has been crucial in his turn around. In all his time here, regardless of his form, he has always been happy to let a little knock get the better of him, he used to play it to the crowd, limping around etc but since he has cut the bad diving out, he really seems to be getting on with the game. If he takes a knock, he is getting on with it and it's great to see because it was my biggest fault with him in previous seasons.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Give the guy a new contract. Don't care if he's not considered world class, he's one of those few players who genuinely look thrilled to be at the club.
So true. Football have no qualms about demanding a player be sold (Ala Cleverley, Young, Valencia etc..) to fund a shiny new purchase but will throw a hissy when someone leaves them for a better team.

Absolutely deserves a new contract.

ZDwyr

Just watched his goal and celebration again. His passion is just brilliant.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So is he worth that £120,000 now? Joking aside though, what a performance and what a revelation he's been this season. If you had told me at the end of last season that we would buy ADM, but due to Young he would mostly be benched, I would have laughed in your face. On one hand I would love to give ADM a run in the team, but would I do that at the expense of Young at this moment? Would I feck. Nice problem to have though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has been in good form for a while now, but that was his best game.

The guys who refused to admit he'd played really well against Villa must be struggling to slate him after that!

He's got to get back in that England squad now. Should probably be starting, let alone in the squad. Who's keeping him out? An off form/tired Sterling, and out of position Danny Welbz?!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In the long run, if Angel is made of anything at all, Young's form will be the best thing that could have happened to him. Young has taken on the role of Park in the team, and I'd argue taken it on to a new level this season. He has been excellent of late.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I thought he would (and should) have been first out of the door last summer (or the summer before, etc). Credit to him for fighting for his place and doing well. I remember when he first signed for us he had some great form, and has had a few little patches here and there as well, but I think he is now achieving a much better level of consistency than he previously has.

Ludens the Red

As a person who's slated young in the past. Have to say I'm amazed and pleased with his form. I wouldnt say he's 'proven doubters wrong' because the criticism was warranted.
But one of the best things about being a football fan is when someone you have so little confidence in turns in brilliant performances .

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Something which I think has been crucial in his turn around. In all his time here, regardless of his form, he has always been happy to let a little knock get the better of him, he used to play it to the crowd, limping around etc but since he has cut the bad diving out, he really seems to be getting on with the game. If he takes a knock, he is getting on with it and it's great to see because it was my biggest fault with him in previous seasons.
Funny that. I've never thought of him as a serial diver. He milked out tackles of course, but it is no more than most of others. You watched Giroud on last weekend, he has the body like a tank, but goes down at the slightest touch.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Hopefully we don't hear much more from ADM fanboys now whinging that young gets a start over him. That wing is owned by Smashley at the minute and no other player should be considered.

Winrar

Look at the stick he's gotten the first 20 or so pages (which have been justfied at the time) and now, difference clear as day and night.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
For some reason Ashley Young gets a rough deal by United fans. He's had a much better career at United than people give him credit. But he's had terrible fortune with injuries. This season mostly injury free he's been one of our star performers. He's played really well right from the start of pre-season and obviously enjoys playing under LvG. Rediculous he's not in the England squad!

Shark

@NotShark
I've just read another article that has Ashley talking us up and speaking confident. He's been doing that nearly all season and it's been fantastic. His attitude this season has been top notch and he's deserved to wear the shirt despite previous criticism.

mu77

he's was someone who came off the bench , if that , to being un-droppable. his last couple of months have put the words back in my mouth.

Jerch

He is one of the many players in our squad who really love the club. The youtube videos when he is watching us with the fans tells you everything you need to know about him. I was sad for him last two seasons because it was clear that he is trying everything and that he really love to be at this club but it just didn't worked for him.

And as much as i was sad for him at that time i am happy for him now when he is playing well. I hope we give him new contract soon. He is really playing really well and i hope this performances will last for a long long time.

Sam

His performance on Sunday was the best of his United career, by an absolute mile. He was just brilliant. Not only the hard work and link up that he's shown a lot recently, but he finally added the end product that he needs. I still think he should be a squad player, but if he can play like that more often, then he has every chance of staying in the team for a long time.

Hats off to the guy, he's completely won me round. Not just with his play, but his attitude and commitment too. Far too many times in his first few seasons he'd take the easy option, pass it back to Evra, or Carrick...now he's taking people on and putting in the crosses himself. The passion he's showing is fantastic too.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If there was an award such as "Most Improved Player" in football, I'd give it to him this season. Whether at LWB or LW, he has improved impressively.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Holy shit. I just realized that Young is 29 years old and he turns 30 in the summer.

This changes everything.

Chelsea 1:0 Man Utd

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I'd hook him off for Di Maria. He keeps getting in decent positions and then just passes it back to an under pressure Herrera

DevilRed

Needs to remember that he is there to create and score goals. Come on Ashley. Put in those crosses because Falcao is starving!

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
This is why I'd like Di Maria to start next game. Young had the game of his life last week but most of the time he serves up this sort of performance. Lots of the ball with no end product at all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You can't expect all our top performances to remain top performers week in and out. I'll take the Young we've seen in recent weeks any day, even with the odd one off mediocre performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.