Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Couldn't have put it better myself. He's the ultimate symbol of mediocrity this club has descended into, well, either him or fellaini.
The mediocrity start because the supposedly star players couldn't perform. Now, why do we start complaining about player that has a better season than most of these stars, I don't know.

These marque signing, high paid players like fecking Rooney, RvP, Mata, Falcao, and Di Maria are the ones that supposed to take the team to another level. Young was bought as 'supporting cast' for these players. You don't buy and expect him to be United main man/men. And he's doing his job well.

Last edited:

R'hllor

Couldn't have put it better myself. He's the ultimate symbol of mediocrity this club has descended into, well, either him or fellaini.
So squad player,who at the moment performs better then some "stars" is ultimate symbol of mediocrity...even if he does not perform better,still how on earth can squad player be an ultimate symbol of mediocrity.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No, it's the so called star players that fail to deliver more often than Young and Fellaini this season that are the ultimate symbol of mediocrity.

RooneyLegend

The mediocrity start because the supposedly star players couldn't perform. Now, why do we start complaining about player that has a better season than most of these stars, I don't know.

These marque signing, high paid players like fecking Rooney, RvP, Mata, Falcao, and Di Maria are the ones that supposed to take the team to another level. Young was bought as 'supporting cast' for these players. You don't buy and expect him to be United main man/men. And he's doing his job well.
Young wasn't bought as a supporting cast, he was bought like them, to take the team to a another level. We bought him for 18 million(heading to the last year of his contract) and paid him like a star, has done nothing to repay that. Most of those are recent signings, that came long after the rot had set in. He's been mediocre in every season he's been here including the current one, just our standards are so low right now that players can get away with it.

Mali_Zeus

So he looks good just cause our star players are underperfoming. For some of those stars there always a nice excuse but god forbid someone says Young has had a very good season. It automatically means we lowered our standard and whatever...

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

Mata has been good for us, first double figures midfielder in a long time and Di Maria hasn't really been given a chance after his return from injury. He was really good at the start of the season.

Kag

Young wasn't bought as a supporting cast, he was bought like them, to take the team to a another level. We bought him for 18 million(heading to the last year of his contract) and paid him like a star, has done nothing to repay that. Most of those are recent signings, that came long after the rot had set in. He's been mediocre in every season he's been here including the current one, just our standards are so low right now that players can get away with it.
This is true, actually. I'd argue he's been good this season, though, not mediocre.

NK86

So squad player,who at the moment performs better then some "stars" is ultimate symbol of mediocrity...even if he does not perform better,still how on earth can squad player be an ultimate symbol of mediocrity.
This squad player has played 22 games this season while someone like Mata has played 26 games. How can you call one a squaddie and the other a "star" player? They both have had equal chances and even in his "better" season, Young's tally of goals and assists this season is appalling, much like Mata, but Mata has shown in the past that he is a sublime player who can deliver on the big stage.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This is the first time i heard that Young is the player United have been expected to carry them to another level.

And what does 'our standard are so low' have to do with Young performance? Young has improved, this is his best season in red shirt, and there's a poll that suggest he's one of the most improved players under LVG. Most can see that.

Although I agree that if Giggs and Beckham are our standard for wingers, Young is several levels below them. But never in million years i'd expect him become those players since we bought him. He wouldn't last that long playing for Villa if he had shown that kind of potential. And Liverpool wouldn't be our main rival for his signing.

Now if we sign Bale, though...

Last edited:

Mali_Zeus

This squad player has played 22 games this season while someone like Mata has played 26 games. How can you call one a squaddie and the other a "star" player? They both have had equal chances and even in his "better" season, Young's tally of goals and assists this season is appalling, much like Mata, but Mata has shown in the past that he is a sublime player who can deliver on the big stage.
That doesnt excuse Mata for being MIA in some games.
You said it yourself, Mata is a star cause he proved he can deliver on the big stage.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Mata has been good for us, first double figures midfielder in a long time and Di Maria hasn't really been given a chance after his return from injury. He was really good at the start of the season.
Assist and goals are not the onlymeasurement to value player performance. Iniesta, other than a few season here and there, is never a prolific goalscorer nor assister in the league. Albeit everyone puts him as one of the greatest attacking midfielder of all time.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Assist and goals are not the onlymeasurement to value player performance. Iniesta, other than a few season here and there, is never a prolific goalscorer nor assister in the league. Albeit everyone puts him as one of the greatest attacking midfielder of all time.
Iniesta is the exception not the norm.

NK86

This is the first time i heard that Young is the player United have been expected to carry them to another level.

And what does 'our standard are so low' have to do with Young performance? Young has improved, this is his best season in red shirt, and there's a poll that suggest he's one of the most improved players under LVG. Most can see that.

Although I agree that if Giggs and Beckham are our standard for wingers, Young is several levels below them. But never in million years i'd expect him become those players since we bought him. He wouldn't last that long playing for Villa if he had shown that kind of potential. And Liverpool wouldn't be our main rival for his signing.

Now if we sign Bale, though...
Check out Fergie's comment when he bought Young.

dogwithabone

Young is a good squad player but he's not really a starter for a team with genuine PL or CL aspirations. He's low maintenance though in that he's not a sulker or someone who is going to disrupt morale if he is on the bench so definitely keep but we need a step up in terms of quality in his position. Ditto Fellaini.

R'hllor

Young is or would be squad player if other players perform on their level.This season thats not a case and i did not call anyone star by name. Regarding Mata you asked and gave an answer on your on question Oo.

NK86

Young is or would be squad player if other players perform on their level.This season thats not a case and i did not call anyone star by name. Regarding Mata you asked and gave an answer on your on question Oo.
I said he has played as a regular and his performances have not been better than someone like Mata. So if Mata has not performed well, how can one say Young has? Just because he has not been as dire as last couple of seasons does not mean he has played very well. He has had some good games but that's about it, esp when you consider his output for a winger has been awful.

R'hllor

I said he has played as a regular and his performances have not been better than someone like Mata. So if Mata has not performed well, how can one say Young has? Just because he has not been as dire as last couple of seasons does not mean he has played very well. He has had some good games but that's about it, esp when you consider his output for a winger has been awful.
Well i never said that...maybe you quoted a wrong poster,dunno.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
He has been rejuvenated. People don't want him in the line up next season simply because he is Ashley Young and not one of those top flashy foreign players. You cannot drop him when he is playing like this even if he has one bad match.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Our most creative and threatening attacking player lately. Anyone saying otherwise is not watching us play.

Apparently we should sell him....

Roman Bellic

Prick
He has been rejuvenated. People don't want him in the line up next season simply because he is Ashley Young and not one of those top flashy foreign players. You cannot drop him when he is playing like this even if he has one bad match.
This. I thought you were banned?

Jev

I assume they think this performance is an illusion consider how shite he has been the past few years.
How long do you have to perform before people will accept that maybe this is just your current level? He's been consistently good all season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If Di Maria put in this exact same half of football, people would be wetting themselves. Top stuff.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Best player in the first half. The only player that's undroppable right now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ashley "Garrincha" Young. Ripped Bellerin a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.