Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

the hea

He's been the stand out player in the first half, Memphis has his work cut out for him if he wants to get into the team ahead of Young.

DevilRed

Confidence at an all time high. Just starting to take the piss out of bellerin and co.

Amazing what a new manager can do for a player.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

red_devil83

I like him this season because he takes players on. This is absolutely fundamental. He takes players on and more often than not he beats them. This is the essence of wide play. He also puts a shift in every game and his crossing is decent too. Respect due this season.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He links up with Fellaini superbly, and has been our most threatening attacker for a long time now. The key is that he is willing and able to take his man on, and it makes all the difference.

diarm

I know De Gea has been outstanding this season, but surely there's at least a conversation to be had about player of the season.
Young is a different player to the last couple of years. Brilliant today.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Having a very good game again, just needs to have that killer instinct when he gets in behind with the final ball, I have a new found respect for this lad, brilliant season from him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Retains the ball really well, defends really well, beats men for fun most games and he's a big game player, so there's no doubt he's an important squad player. That said all of this applied to Valencia at his best too. The difference was he got 15 assists, not 6. Surely that's the standard we have to be aiming for?

He deserves credit for getting into great positions time and time again because the majority of it is from really nice dribbling, but seriously...I don't know how anyone can be content with the amount of times he puts in a poor ball. Yes he put in a good ball for the goal today but he messed up 5 other good chances when all his good work amounted to absolutely nothing.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Good performance, again. It's actually really disappointing how poor his final ball can be, sometimes. He ripped Arsenal's defense apart, at times, only to be let down by his inconsistent crosses. Other than that, he was good going forward and brilliant in his defensive work.

Kag

Probably my favourite performance of his this season. Very impressive today, plus some end product. Colour me happy.

Devil may care

Retains the ball really well, defends really well, beats men for fun most games and he's a big game player, so there's no doubt he's an important squad player. That said all of this applied to Valencia at his best too. The difference was he got 15 assists, not 6. Surely that's the standard we have to be aiming for?

He deserves credit for getting into great positions time and time again because the majority of it is from really nice dribbling, but seriously...I don't know how anyone can be content with the amount of times he puts in a poor ball. Yes he put in a good ball for the goal today but he messed up 5 other good chances when all his good work amounted to absolutely nothing.
Agreed, he has the first and second part of attacking down well enough but the final ball or shot is way too often not good enough.

Cina

I really don't get it. Assist aside, his delivery was really poor again.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I really don't get it. Assist aside, his delivery was really poor again.
He wasn't great, but he was, along with Herrera, our best player. As you say his delivery was inconsistent, but he wasn't "really poor",

Overall, it was a good performance. Similar to the Palace game, a 6/10 performance, in numbers.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Very very poor end product, it's like when ever he does the hard work and get's into the box he messes it up on purpose.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very very poor end product, it's like when ever he does the hard work and get's into the box he messes it up on purpose.
To be fair he rarely has a decent target in the box apart from fellaini. Falcao/rvp were non existent and mata is never getting on the end of a cross.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
To be fair he rarely has a decent target in the box apart from fellaini. Falcao/rvp were non existent and mata is never getting on the end of a cross.
In back-to-back games he's had Mata in a bit of space just outside the 6 yard box waiting for the cut-back, with his man beaten and the time and space to pick out a pass, and he's completely fecked up the pass. It's such a weak excuse. Fellaini's the biggest aerial threat in the league, Mata's one of the best at finding pockets of space in the box and he's had Rooney picking up great positions in the box for most of the season and yet time and time again he's failed to find them. That's a huge deficiency that the majority of people here seem happy to completely overlook.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He has weaknesses no doubt.

But we'd be a lot shittier if it wasn't for him.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Quality game again, wish some on here would stop knocking him, he deserves his place on merit and if he keeps up this form next season.. then he should stay in the team regardless of who else we bring in, simple as that.

Cina

In back-to-back games he's had Mata in a bit of space just outside the 6 yard box waiting for the cut-back, with his man beaten and the time and space to pick out a pass, and he's completely fecked up the pass. It's such a weak excuse. Fellaini's the biggest aerial threat in the league, Mata's one of the best at finding pockets of space in the box and he's had Rooney picking up great positions in the box for most of the season and yet time and time again he's failed to find them. That's a huge deficiency that the majority of people here seem happy to completely overlook.
If Nani or Valencia were beating their man as easily as that (which they used to do a lot) and putting in that sort of delivery, they'd be blasted on here, and have been before.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's very decent footballer when he's not diving. Tries harder than anyone despite detriments in his precision and technique.

He'll have harder life here if we'll add another powerhouse winger with Memphis already here but this is Manchester United and standards needs to be higher especially on the wings.

If he'll stay injury free next season he got a real chance to surprise everyone.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I thought he was doing well but gradually I started getting annoyed with him.

For me, he does the hard bit by beating his man but then fecks up a lot of simple crosses and passes. Either he blasts it into the first man or doesn't even come close to finding a man in the box or takes a ridiculous shot when an easier pass is on.

He presses well and is defensively good, so I can see why Van Gaal likes him, but if we want to win the title we need wingers who will provide 15+ assists a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.