Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Man of the match? Righto. Zero end product yet again. Just another typical Young performance. He should have scored but didn't and not one cross met a United player. Waste.
I see few people praising him too and I don't get it. All he is good at lately is passing the ball to fullback. It's incredible how easy he is to stop when he is cutting inside, I think even Valencia is more dangerous when cutting inside than him.

Baxter

Dire. No end product what so ever. Crossing the ball into the keeper's arms all game isn't 'dangerous'.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Not good enough. Not awful, for that see Di Maria. But a typical Young performance that is only deemed tolerable by some as its in contrast to his horrible form from last year.

Castia

He was decent again, I wanted him dropped for DI Maria but Jesus id be surprised if Di Maria gets a game again this season after that.

Kag

Best player there. You can say "none of his crosses hit anyone" but they were dangerous.
We're saying this every week. What good are these dangerous crosses if they're not good enough to land on a player's head or boot?

He's a winger at one of the biggest clubs in world football and we're seriously impressed at the fact he beats his man once or twice and whips a ball into a box that inevitably gets cleared. It's not a charity.

Empire

I was disappointed, I thought he would have done well since he was always going to see plenty of the ball, Fellaini made it to the far post, Blind used his overlap to give him one on one chances but he just didn't do enough and against a parked bus you need more from your wide players as they are so important in stretching the defence, running at the defence (beating a man and so getting into a more dangerous area), putting dangerous balls into the box and making unpredictable runs inside into space.

The opposition prefers to be compact leaving space on the flanks so something needs to be done with that.

Louis van Gaal has done a good job with him but he can only do so much to help a player, it really is upto Young to be more aggressive (attacking the opposition) and creative.

Empire

We're saying this every week. What good are these dangerous crosses if they're not good enough to land on a player's head or boot?

He's a winger at one of the biggest clubs in world football and we're seriously impressed at the fact he beats his man once or twice and whips a ball into a box that inevitably gets cleared. It's not a charity.
:lol:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Spot on. Another average performance from Young. But, hey, as long as he can pass the ball sideways and keep those "dangerous" balls coming in, why complain?

dasty

Am I the only one who thinks that he really should have scored from RVP's rebound? All he had to do was to hit it first time.

And I don't get why are so many people voting him as our MotM. I agree that he is now playing better than the garbage that he used to put up in the past but this is no way a good performance. It was average at best. A starting winger for a top club should have more than 2 goals and 3 assists too. What's the point of "putting some dangerous balls in" if they never results in anything?

saivet

Agreed. We need di Maria to step up though.

justboy68

I missed the game today but let me guess, another good hard trying performance with nothing to show for it?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

Aye, the standards have dramtically fallen at this club. No wonder Fellaini, Valencia and Young are our current heroes.

Can't wait for him to sign a contract extension.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought he was decent, but nothing great. Not sure what happened to his form after the City game.

El Zoido

Both his and Valencia's crossing is woeful. I've been on about this all season, but there's no intention with them. It appears to be a percentage based hit and hope rather than them getting their head up and setting the centre forward up. Not that it would matter though because the overall ability and technique is pub football standard. How these two can float useless cross after useless cross all game every game is beyond me. How many are caught? How many go to nobody and are easily cleared? How many go miles over everyone and end up on the opposite wing? How bloody hard can it be??

Empire

Am I the only one who thinks that he really should have scored from RVP's rebound? All he had to do was to hit it first time.

And I don't get why are so many people voting him as our MotM. I agree that he is now playing better than the garbage that he used to put up in the past but this is no way a good performance. It was average at best. A starting winger for a top club should have more than 2 goals and 3 assists too. What's the point of "putting some dangerous balls in" if they never results in anything?
I thought that too but also Young tends to need to control the ball, that has actually happened a few times this season from my memory and so I wasn't surprised. It's one of the things he needs to work on in the summer because in the possession system we will find teams parking the bus often and there will be those types of chances were a shot hits the keeper with power and he manages to parry it to the side a bit but it will fall into the path of one of our wide players.

Fellaini also had a chance when the ball came out to him in the box and a number 10 should have volleyed that into the corner, at least hit the target.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Both his and Valencia's crossing is woeful. I've been on about this all season, but there's no intention with them. It appears to be a percentage based hit and hope rather than them getting their head up and setting the centre forward up. Not that it would matter though because the overall ability and technique is pub football standard. How these two can float useless cross after useless cross all game every game is beyond me. How many are caught? How many go to nobody and are easily cleared? How many go miles over everyone and end up on the opposite wing? How bloody hard can it be??
I disagree completely about Young, thought he put several good crosses and it just highlighted our lack of ariel threat in the box

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I thought he was probably our best attacking player over the course of 90 minutes. Considered him as MOTM, went for Smalling but Young looked threatening and had the beating of the defenders. The only way I felt we looked like scoring was from Young creating something on the left.

Sam

The fact that Ashley Young, a winger who can barely beat a man or put in a cross that reaches a team mates head, currently looks like our most threatening attacking player tells you everything you need to know about how utterly shocking we've been in the last 2 games.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The fact that Ashley Young, a winger who can barely beat a man or put in a cross that reaches a team mates head, currently looks like our most threatening attacking player tells you everything you need to know about how utterly shocking we've been in the last 2 games.
In fairness, he's been good by any standards. He and Smalling were the only two to emerge with much credit yesterday.

I take your overarching point though. I'd have expected some of the squad's leading lights to be stepping up to the mark a little more at this stage.

LeftyBlaster

Tell me more about these crosses. Does Valencia actually complete crosses?

Fahad Jawaid

I have already mentioned this, and i really believe he sets us back even more than Fellani, when he plays as a winger in a LVG system, wingers are allowed to express themselves there are part of the 4 attacking players except CM's who are allowed to be creative, and 90 % of the time his only trick is coming inside and cross, if the opponent in showing him outside he will mostly just pass it back into the midfield rather than taking him on the outside, and he doesn't even look up and try to find a player, his best game was City at home in which i am the first one to say he was brilliant, but can we really accept a player who will have a good game in 1 match out of 10, is it acceptably at this level we are aspiring for?

I read above somebody said his crossing only highlighted out lack of aerial threat, which is not true, even if you have a single striker in the box and you are actually aiming for him and try to pick him out then he has to win most of the time the header against the CB marking him, but if you are just crossing it in the box with hit and hope and not really seeing where strikers are then you will mostly play it in the zone where there is nobody except their CB's and it would seem we are poor aerially, the only time this type of crossing looks good is when there are plenty of targets in the box, not when there are one target and you are just crossing with hit and hope. I was watching Seville vs Real Madrid yesterday the first cross of Bale yesterday was a perfect example of what i am trying to say, he had only Ronaldo as a target and Seville had two to three defenders but he looked up and played at ball at the far post, he actually tried to pick somebody out rather than just hit and hope, thats what our wingers should go and have the balls to take on the players.

Bwuk

He isn't good enough. I have no idea why the caf have had a love fest for him lately.

No other side in the top 4 would have him - he's bang average.

drdoityourself

It´s always been the case with him really, his crossing looks good, but there are very few of them that actually make it to a United player or even look close to getting to our player. This lack of end product, even during this patch of good overall form for him, can not justify a starting place here. He's almost thirty, playing the football of his United career, and still there's very little to show for it. We need to give the starting place to someone who actually has the potential to lead us forward, Januzaj or Di Maria.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He isn't good enough. I have no idea why the caf have had a love fest for him lately.

No other side in the top 4 would have him - he's bang average.
Pretty much this. There is no link up play, no dribble past the defender and, worst of all, never a quality cross. He had a great game against City but other than that he just lacks quality

Empire

Hopefully the signing of Depay causes a reaction in him, we need it, against the parked buses there is space on the sides so the wingers are very important and let's face it, Mata isn't a proper winger.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I can't help but feel that Young is getting overrated by some people. He produces very little considering how often he finds himself in a dangerous position. He is good at beating a player but then hits a very shitty cross. I'm glad he hasn't been offered/signed a new deal and I don't think he's the best option we can achieve for our squad. 2 years of absolute crap shouldn't be rewarded with a new contract. He's coming to an age where we can only expect less in the future. If woodward has any sense he will cut him loose.

Crystal Palace 1:2 Man Utd

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Think he's been good today.

Honestly, if Depay had played today like this, everyone would go mad.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
He's been pretty good all season apart from a few periods where everyone was shit. He's been so much better than his goals and assists suggest, especially considering how much of our attacking outlet is down to him. His lack of assists isn't all his fault either when he's being put in one or two great crosses every game. It's not his fault some of our players can't put the ball in the back of the net.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The criticism he gets compared to someone like Mata is am absolute disgrace.

Man-United

He's been pretty good all season apart from a few periods where everyone was shit. He's so much more than goals and assists, especially considering how much of our attacking outlet is down to him. His lack of assists isn't all his fault either when he's being put in one or two great crosses every game. It's not his fault some of our players can't put the ball in the back of the net.
And most important, his work rate is fecking fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.