g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ashley Young image 18

Ashley Young England flag

2014-15 Performances

View full 2014-15 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
well done Ashley Young. You're despised by many idiots on here, but you've had a great season for us.

Bwuk

Brilliant is a bit much. He was decent enough and worked very hard as always.
Yep. Was much of the same old. The right back for Palace was horrendous, but even then Youngs crossing wasn't the best but hey ho!

He'll walk away with two assists, so I suppose job well done on his part

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I bet people still say we should sell him.

Sell our only player who looks like creating anything at all.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Another good performance - he is been our most dangerous attacker for the past couple of months, if not more. Doesnt always get the final ball right, but has been the only player capable of beating a man and looking capable of creating something consistently.

Gave him my MotM today, was close between him and De Gea though.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Thought he was quite average for a large chunk of that game till he turned the heat on and carried us over the line in that 10-15 minute period. Still has to improve his crossing.

lysglimt

Scout
Another brilliant performance from Ashley. He might even be our POTY (I am not counting de Gea - he is too good)

mu4c_20le

I love his ability to turn up when things aren't going our way. He may not be the best player in the team in terms of ability but some of the other players could learn from his attitude.

Glanville95

Yep. Was much of the same old. The right back for Palace was horrendous, but even then Youngs crossing wasn't the best but hey ho!

He'll walk away with two assists, so I suppose job well done on his part
Agree, thought Ward was poor, but credit to Young as he did really well to beat him on a few occasions. Just don't understand how he was brilliant, still had his fair share of wild, wayward crosses, indecisiveness, loitering on the ball for too long or being easily musclebound, but he did enough in the game to merit a decent performance. He wasn't 'sensational' or 'brilliant' by any means though.

Ekeke

Decent in the first half, went missing for 20 mins after half time but then ran his fullback ragged for the last 25 mins. Good performance

RetroStu

He was brilliant, everything went through him, literally.
He's pretty much playing for his future and he stepped up to the plate which is more than can be said for some of the other deadites playing for us.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One of our best players this year. Just wish he was a bit better with his left foot.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Another brilliant performance from Ashley. He might even be our POTY (I am not counting de Gea - he is too good)
Don't think he's been that close to POTY. He's been very poor since the City game and has been thoroughly inconsistent, this season. Even today, his crossing was a sham, but you can 't criticise is effort. He wouldn't be higher than De Gea, Smalling, Carrick who have been on another level to the rest of the team.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He was brilliant. Only for De Gea unbelievable saves he would be MOTM.

It gives me real hope that LVG can get so much out of him.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Another good performance - he is been our most dangerous attacker for the past couple of months, if not more. Doesnt always get the final ball right, but has been the only player capable of beating a man and looking capable of creating something consistently.
He was our most dangerous attacker even earlier on in the season although then it was from wing back. We badly missed when he was out injured for a bit after that.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Don't think he's been that close to POTY. He's been very poor since the City game and has been thoroughly inconsistent, this season. Even today, his crossing was a sham, but you can 't criticise is effort. He wouldn't be higher than De Gea, Smalling, Carrick who have been on another level to the rest of the team.
If Di Maria had put in a performance like this you wouldn't shut up.

We're talking about him relative to his team mates. And he's looked our most lively attacker since about December.

Acole9

Outstanding
Our best outfield player this season period. Give this guy a new contract he deserves it. Always trying every game.

mu4c_20le

Our best outfield player this season period. Give this guy a new contract he deserves it. Always trying every game.
Agree, i actually voted him player of the season on the official website last week.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Shows some bollocks, which is more than I can say for some of this lot.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I thought he was poor, yet he was our best player, which doesn't say a lot about our team. FFS, I want this season to be over.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Gave him my MotM today, was close between him and De Gea though.
If he "doesn't always get the final ball right" (which is putting it lightly) then what use is it looking threatening consistently? He consistently gets into good positions and uses the ball poorly, and somehow that's worthy of praise...I find it absolutely incredible. He averages 5 unsuccessful crosses per game (out of 6.7 crosses overall) which puts him in 11th place for the most mishit crosses in the league. Worse than someone like Yannick Bolasie who people regularly criticise for having a poor final ball and use it as a reason for him still being at a midtable club. The only players who cross it more often are Trippier, Downing, Navas, Albrighton, di María, Moses and Tadic, and in terms of end product he's at the same level as Trippier, Albrighton and Moses and a level below Downing, Navas and Tadic.

We used to criticise Nani for far, far, far less. Our standards for good wingplay have dropped to such a low level it's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.