Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Ashley messi today. Good game deserves to start over memphis Nani.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Such an odd player, was poor in his last start but great in the cameos against Liverpool and today. Think we should utilise him as a "super sub". Get him on in the last thirty as he can be a massive threat against tiring defenders.

Sigma

I don't think he was that good when he came on, he had many opportunities to cross and wasted all of them if I remember correctly.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I'd still start Memphis over Ashley Young. As frustrating as Memphis' decision-making can sometimes be, he's still capable of coming up with something special. Watching Young do the same dribble on the left, followed by a cross (or sometimes a dive), then rinse and repeat is mind-numbingly dull. Granted, occasionally it can be effective. Still would rather give Memphis more opportunities.

Loublaze

ATLien
Well idk maybe I just have amnesia or something but I remember him having 3 crossing attempts and all of them being poor.
Dude.....do yourself a favor and watch again

EDIT: You did, good man.

Empire

Young > Memphis
Young has had chances starting in games to show what he can do but he hasn't taken them. He is more effective coming off the bench, fresh, and attacking a tired defence. The game time is better spent on Memphis who is still adapting.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Young plays in the opposite way to memphis does. I think defences just dont know how to approach the change after having 70mins of one and then 30 mins of the other. On the other side; we do know what to expect when ashley young or fellaini comes on.

Even if yoing starts i expect memphis to have a similar impact from the bench just purely because our team are well educated to tactics and tactical changes.

Ixion

I'd rather see him at RB than Valencia, he's got as good an engine on him and better delivery when he does go up the field.

Kag

He did well given the circumstances but he's not a serious option at full back. He doesn't have the awareness and that isn't really his fault.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I would rather have him at LB and Darmian at RB if he's going to play full back. Depay is better with good attacking help whilst Mata doesn't really need much to tick. Then again, Mata is better at tracking back so it might be easier on Young if he would be playing on the right.

It's a tough choice and I'm sure both Young and Valencia look good in training. It's hard to tinker now when it's been clear that Valencia was going to be competing for that RB stop. You don't suddenly transition from a LW to a RB. Can't forget how strong and quick Valencia is. He's also not one that wastes possession. All things considered I don't think he's done enough to lose his position.

Di Maria's angel

I feel incredibly bad for him and Valencia. Playing in defense is not ideal for either, yet our manager cant fecking see that. Would it have killed to just keep Rafael!?!?!

Devil may care

I don't get the low rating for him, he was hung out to dry by the midfield and Memphis in the first half playing out of position on the wrong side, but he worked tirelessly all game and didn't give up.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Should be our 1st choice left winger.
good grief....
He cant cross to save his life, 1 in 20 deliveries find one of our players. He has absolutely no left foot and most of the time cuts in on to his right which is predictable and also slows up any momentum going forward. he very very rarely actually makes it to the byline. Today everytime he tried to go forward he was simply shown the line by a smart fullback who knew he had no left foot. We need a new left and right wing in the squad. He was awful today, just awful.

Varun

Staff
good grief....
He cant cross to save his life, 1 in 20 deliveries find one of our players. He has absolutely no left foot and most of the time cuts in on to his right which is predictable and also slows up any momentum going forward. he very very rarely actually makes it to the byline. Today everytime he tried to go forward he was simply shown the line by a smart fullback who knew he had no left foot. We need a new left and right wing in the squad. He was awful today, just awful.
You are going well overboard with I'll just put that down to the result tonight and ask if you believe Memphis Depay is better at the moment. Is he?

Stack

You are going well overboard with I'll just put that down to the result tonight and ask if you believe Memphis Depay is better at the moment. Is he?
Depay can beat his man and deliver a cross. Depay has had a string of bad games but if Young is the answer then we are fecked. Nothing to do with this result. Young hasnt performed as a winger should for 2-3 seasons now.
How many times did Young beat his man today?. How many times did Young find one of our players with a cross today?
How many times did Young cut in and then lay off a square ball?.

Obiorahking_

Depay has had a string of bad games but if Young is the answer then we are fecked. Nothing to do with this result.
Depay has been horrible for us ever since he got here. Young was our best attacking outlet last season who won us a bunch of big games.

Varun

Staff
Depay can beat his man and deliver a cross. Depay has had a string of bad games but if Young is the answer then we are fecked. Nothing to do with this result. Young hasnt performed as a winger should for 2-3 seasons now.
How many times did Young beat his man today?. How many times did Young find one of our players with a cross today?
How many times did Young cut in and then lay off a square ball?.
Are you deliberately missing the point? Young and Memphis are our only 2 options atm unless we are somehow signing a top left winger in Oct.

Memphis has done a grand job of beating his man and putting crosses in so far btw. Absolutely poor for a while now.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Please play him on the Left wing.

good grief....
No left foot and yet his last assist for us (which was all of 1 week ago) was with his left foot. Stop talking complete and utter shite for once.

Stack

Please play him on the Left wing.

No left foot and yet his last assist for us (which was all of 1 week ago) was with his left foot. Stop talking complete and utter shite for once.
HA, lets see if you have the balls to go check out if that was a 1 in 100 chance. He is utter shite with his left, he very rarely finds his man, virtually always cuts in on to his right. Its repeat and rinse but some people are just completely blind to it. Maybe I should do a "all touches" video of his efforts today for you?

Varun

Staff
HA, lets see if you have the balls to go check out if that was a 1 in 100 chance. He is utter shite with his left, he very rarely finds his man, virtually always cuts in on to his right. Its repeat and rinse but some people are just completely blind to it. Maybe I should do a "all touches" video of his efforts today for you?
He has a favoured foot. Shock. Horror.

That isn't the same as saying he doesn't have a left foot ffs.

You are yet to answer my question btw. Do you believe Memphis is better atm?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No one is blind to anything except you towards Young (no left foot lol). I bet you were gutted when he was playing so well last season eh. fecking pathetic.

He should start ahead of Depay. Quite comfortably the better player.

Di Maria's angel

The only way he can play left back is if we cloned if and played him on the left wing. 200% energy and effort.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We missed him today. Was brilliant in the game last year and him on the left would've enabled us to play Martial up top. Definitely our best options while Memphis is still finding his feet and Rooney is shit.

Varun

Staff
When is he back? I'm hoping we move Martial back up top with Young on the left once he's fit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.