Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prath92

This. He used to be the first name popping to my mind when thinking about players who must be sold. But somehow LVG has turned him in to a very good squad player. Pretty much changed the game against Liverpool. What a difference a manager can make to some players.
He used to be incompetent even at LW but now he is competent all over either flanks, in defence and even upfront. Plus he reduced his diving. Genuinely likeable guy now.

I don't see why people take it as insulting when Ashley Young happens to be a top player for us. He is more deserving than di maria imo.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We have tried him on the right a few times and he seems to struggle there. Looks a different player on the left, he can't cut back and cross it on when he plays on the right.

Leg-End

He hits crosses too hard, sometimes a defter touch is needed.

Appears to have more impact from the bench too, which isn't exactly a bad skill to have.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Moved on the left for the second half, not a surprise. Can't play on the right, sadly.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not great but looked our most dangerous player in the second half.

Kag

Not great but looked our most dangerous player in the second half.
Yet contributed nothing, which is more or less his entire game at United.

He should have taken a pop in the first half but didn't. Piss poor on the whole.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good against Pool, poor tonight. He didn't create much and was not delivering good balls. Whatever is said here, he's a squad player, thats it

Ash_G

The thing that frustrates me about Young is I just keep thinking that imagine we had a winger with his experience/maturity who could cross/pose a real attacking threat. Young works hard, links up well etc what he's doing is good in terms of idea but his end product is poor, and it's poor far too often. It's just so frustrating. I like him as part of the squad but I just can't believe they didn't think we needed a good experienced winger this summer. Would make such a difference to the attack.

Devil may care

Unfortunately he was crap on the right, improved when moved to the left but just doesn't offer enough creativity or goal threat most of the time.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think it's a bit sad that he just can't get his head up while running , he gets into great positions but takes the most ridiculous option at times

Ixion

I don't know why he and Valencia hammer every cross, they have no variety or craft to their final pass. Although at least Young's goes past the first defender at least.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Final ball has let us down.
Story of his life though. He just isnt good enough to be a starter for us compared to the other top clubs. His outcome is not good enough and the last two days were typical. He does so well against Pool and then is piss poor against PSV

itso 7

There was a point where he got played into the box and chose to cross instead of taking a shot or drilling a hand and low cross - that moment defined him as a player, he plays well in the build up to get into dangerous positions but seldom does anything meaningful at the crucial moment.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
There was a point where he got played into the box and chose to cross instead of taking a shot or drilling a hand and low cross - that moment defined him as a player, he plays well in the build up to get into dangerous positions but seldom does anything meaningful at the crucial moment.
That's generally a trait of a full-back. Replace Luke Shaw whilst he recovers?

eggwithsideburns

You would think he would be more effective on the right, crossing balls in with his right foot but he does look better on the left.

Varun

Staff
Could be and I don't think he will be any worse than Valencia was on the opposite flank but I think defensively he will be a downgrade of sorts.
Understatement that.

I do think Young at LB and blind at CB can be used if we are chasing a game with the opponents camped in their own half.

United again!

Is Young a life long United fan? Been watching a few interviews from him recently and he sounds like he absolutely bleeds United, kinda says a lot about his attitude and where he has come from in the last couple of years. That City performance at home was hands down one of our best individual performances of last year.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I like Young and would love to see him getting some regular game-time, but not as a defender, for the love of god. I get using wingers as make-shift full-backs in the middle of a match when it's necessary, but not all the time, we proved nicely last season that it just doesn't work. I'd rather Rojo coming in, even if he's at CB and Blind is LB (he's good at going forward too, so I'd personally prefer that). There's always Blacket too, who I didn't think we bad when he was getting a few games last season.

Zoo

Is Young a life long United fan? Been watching a few interviews from him recently and he sounds like he absolutely bleeds United, kinda says a lot about his attitude and where he has come from in the last couple of years. That City performance at home was hands down one of our best individual performances of last year.
He was an Arsenal fan.

prath92

His passing is underrated. He can pass very well in fact. Not sure if he improved that over the past 2 seasons

Obiorahking_

I thought he was going to break that defenders ankles the way he was going at him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Felt a bit sorry for there right back... He'd just had a fairly laid-back 10 minutes with Depay tailing off a fair bit, then suddenly he had mad-man Ashley Young thrust up on him. He was running/dribbling at him like a man determined to make his 15 minutes count for something... and it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.