Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His crossing has been poor for a while but it really showed today. He had so much space and time to cross the ball but kept putting in a crap cross. His right-footed but struggles to put in a good ball when he plays on the right, he's much better when he can cut back and cross it from the left.

I hope we finally get the overdue right-back in the summer.

ravi2

Not even sure what the point is commenting on him anymore.

He works his bollocks off without question but his quality on the ball is that of a Championship player.
I cant even get mad at him, he works his socks off but the quality simply isnt there and never was. His crossing is maddeningly inconsistent.
If he is a backup next season fine, but he cant be starting for us.

If Dalot isnt ready then Ole needs to buy a RB thats ready to go from day 1

Adamsk7

He does run himself ragged for us and I appreciate him for that (I also don’t think he was that bad in his first couple of years here as a winger) BUT he is definitely a weak link at right back. His crosses are TERRIBLE from that side, as is his positioning. He’s infinitely better at left back where his whipped balls are actually far more dangerous, that’s the one cross he can do from a very particular angle. Just a shame for him we actually have a real left back now.

ABC of Football

So frustrating today. I think he was the main cause (with Lukaku) of why we didn’t score up until we did. Horrendous, mindless crosses.

We need a world class right back. I’d spend most our transfer budget on one if there is one out there.
He still thinks that he’s playing for Moyes. He kept putting in useless crosses against a team who’s twice the size of us. He keeps getting in to good positions and doing nothing good with the ball.

Kostov

I hope Ed opens his fecking eyes and realizes that we should let him go and buy a new RB. Admire his heart and determination but feck me, we need better.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For me, he cost us a goal in the first half by inexplicably deciding to shoot instead of cross to his men who had Burnley outnumbered in the box. I was furious.

the chameleon

I hope the stories about him holding out for a two year deal when he's been offered a one year extension aren't true. Greater players have been happy with the one year extension policy for older players. I hope we don't bend for him and Mata holding out for longer deals.

I think his presence as a squad player is fine. But no way should he be the main choice.

tomaldinho1

usually makes good decisions but was well off the pace tonight. When he shot and blazed over on the counter and we had 5 bodies streaming into the box you just knew it'd be a long night.

Rozski

Really poor today. It says a lot that Burnley barely bothered defending him. When he got the ball nomatter how much time and space (and it was often a lot) it was either a poor cross,which was already a bad decision considering it’s what Burnley wanted us to do, or a pass backward which slowed us down a lot.

In games where we should be on the front foot I’d really like to see Dalot more. Seems to have a good cross on him at least.

RedDevil5

Thanks for the time at the club, but he's not good enough anymore. Not even close. We desperately need a better RB. Young is poor, Valencia is absolutely finished, and Dalot is not ready.

Based Adnan

I hope the stories about him holding out for a two year deal when he's been offered a one year extension aren't true.
Personally I hope it is true and we tell him to feck off. He can go find his level playing for the likes of Crystal Palace, West Ham and Brighton.

the chameleon

Personally I hope it is true and we tell him to feck off. He can go find his level playing for the likes of Crystal Palace, West Ham and Brighton.
I know he's not ideal. But at this point, we could do with him as backup player for our next right back. Maybe, coming on late or when we are resting players.

His experience would be useful for the younger players. I would rather we rid of Valencia and Jones.

edcunited1878

It's an issue when the RB is having to produce all the supply from the right side. When Lingard came on, he was able to connect with Young and Mata but then United went away from that after a few sequences. Cannot fault him when he has no consistent attacking support tonight and he was left all to himself while trying to cover the defensive space he vacated. Mata was so garbage and exposed Young in the attacking third.

He's still able to push up the pitch and be the width/outlet, but he isn't good enough be the sole supplier from the right flank. And there aren't many RBs in the world who can handle the entire side by themselves when given the time and ball Young had today. He did his best but it's clear he and whoever the RB is (him, Dalot or Darmian) need better support from the right sided player playing ahead of them. Mata was so far central or away from Young the majority of the match that they couldn't link up effectively. Plus Andreas was too deep to help create odd numbers/overloads.

Based Adnan

I know he's not ideal. But at this point, we could do with him as backup player for our next right back. Maybe, coming on late or when we are resting players.

His experience would be useful for the younger players. I would rather we rid of Valencia and Jones.
I see absolutely no reason why Dalot can't be the backup for the next right back. I'd also rather have TFM instead of Young. They're both playing at the same level but at least TFM has age on his side.

His experience isn't something I want passing on to younger players. Agreed we should get rid of Valencia and Jones as well. Throw in Darmian too.

Showed some of the worst crossing you will ever see. Cant pick out a man to save his life. Aimless shit crossing. That he didnt mix it up as well, just the same hopeless shit.
I don't get this obsession with his crossing. With Lukaku playing statues in the middle our only option is to pass it to Young. Yes he's useless at crossing, but when we play it out wide to him that's what he's supposed to do. It's the team's fault for being so one dimensional and relying on that as our only outlet.

The far, far bigger issue is how we leak goals because of him. Most games he plays he costs us a goal through poor defending or positioning. Forget what his crossing is like when he's allowing Burnley to score a free header on the 6 yard line.

Dan_F

I don't get this obsession with his crossing. With Lukaku playing statues in the middle our only option is to pass it to Young. Yes he's useless at crossing, but when we play it out wide to him that's what he's supposed to do. It's the team's fault for being so one dimensional and relying on that as our only outlet.

The far, far bigger issue is how we leak goals because of him. Most games he plays he costs us a goal through poor defending or positioning. Forget what his crossing is like when he's allowing Burnley to score a free header on the 6 yard line.
The amount of crosses that were being forced into the box was stupid last night. It’s one thing to do it on a break and have players running onto it, but everyone was just stood in the box waiting.

Strange because Young has always been considered a good crosser of the ball from what I can remember. Is this not more to do with crosses just being a low percentage play? How does his overall crossing rate compare to other right/left backs?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Needs to leave. I don't care how unpopular it is to say. He needs to go.
We need to move forward.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Completed just one of his thirteen attempted crosses.
In fairness to Young - He put in I think 4 decent crosses yesterday. Two were to good areas that someone should have attacked and one was to Lukaku where Heaton made a good save, then there was the cross for the goal of course.

So 4/13 - which is still not good enough really, but yeah, just for a tiny bit of balance.

el3mel

Same as last match, I don't know what the feck he's doing while playing anymore.

Strats

He runs like a crooked old man on crack. He needs to go.

Tiber

Utterly dreadful going forward... And currently in talks for a contract extension.

Dalot should be getting valuable experience

Based Adnan

Seeing him in the starting 11 is about as exciting as dipping your socked feet in a bucket of cold water. Offers absolutely nothing at both ends of the pitch and he certainly isn't in the side for his leadership qualities despite disgracefully being our captain. Has been in shocking form for ages. To top it all off he has the audacity to ask for a multi year contract. Feck off.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Got to be his last season with us, he is completely clueless on how to play full back.

Its as if he has had his brain removed he is that dozy.

RedDevil5

Him vs PSG's attack, even without Neymar, is a crime against humanity. Dreadful player. We need to replace massively here in the summer.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If he's still starting for us next year we need to give up on challenging for anything. He's done.

AndyJ1985

Think I'd physically hurt anyone who said to me "he's a decent option to have in the squad" if I was with them in person. So sick of "squad option" being used as a way of justifying keeping shit players.

Status
Not open for further replies.