Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

That’s not true, one of the most memorable passses of the match was a great cross field ball to Pogba (I think). He’s easily our best RB, and is good going forward. Clearly it’s a position we can improve on, but he’s infinitely better than Valencia.
One pass, he offers very little in attack, sure he's better than Valencia but that's not saying much these days.

One pass, he offers very little in attack, sure he's better than Valencia but that's not saying much these days.
I’m not going to give you a list of things he did FFS!! I didn’t say it was the only think he did. He’s usually the only player we have on the pitch who can cross a ball.

He’s also got the right attitude, and doesn’t go missing when things get tough.

El Jefe

He's a prime example of playing decent to good as an individual but being a negative to the team.

He's absolutely terrible at build up play. Having him and Smalling on the right side of defence seriously hurts us in possession. Young constantly looked for Rashford with the ball into the channel but it hardly stuck. As much as I dislike Valencia, he at least has the ability to link short passing moves with Mata without giving the ball away.

Young is okay at what he does but these qualities are more suitable for a side like Burnley than us.

LJJT

He’s got the right attitude: he’s got leadership, he’s good on the ball, he works hard, he’s fit, he can deliver a great cross, you can actually trust him with the ball. He’s got far more going for him than a lot of the squad that’s for sure. Played well today.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Not sure that he was either atrocious or very good. He had a solid game.

However, if all our players put in the same level of effort as he does we would not be as average as we currently are.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was really good in the first half. Getting stuck in, winning the ball well and playing some cracking passes.

Nowhere near as good in the second, but still, did well overall

Last edited:

ForestRGoinUp

Not sure that he was either atrocious or very good. He had a solid game.

However, if all our players put in the same level of effort as he does we would not be as average as we currently are.
And if they were all as average as he is we’d be fighting relegation.

Devil may care

I’m not going to give you a list of things he did FFS!! I didn’t say it was the only think he did. He’s usually the only player we have on the pitch who can cross a ball.

He’s also got the right attitude, and doesn’t go missing when things get tough.
His crossing is crap but I agree he has a good attitude.

Devil may care

Mediocre on the ball but he's a nasty bit of work these days and adds some bite on our vacant right side, and truth is we don't have anyone else bar Darmian so despite how average he is he'll likely have the spot for the season.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Mediocre on the ball but he's a nasty bit of work these days and adds some bite on our vacant right side, and truth is we don't have anyone else bar Darmian so despite how average he is he'll likely have the spot for the season.
He was anything but mediocre on the ball today.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Really?

Bournemouth made easy work of him, and created a few chances from his flank.

He was a liability defensively.
Bournemouths chances came from an all over the place... And considering Young basically has no protection, he did as good as you could expect... Easily better then the other 3 anyway

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Thought he was our best player today. Great passion and great captain.

Red00012

Thought he was our best player today. Great passion and great captain.
Yep , good on the ball doesn’t just give 50/50 passes keeps his head and finds someone.Would prefer him over Valencia

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I love him, but he isn't a defender. Its hurting us defensively but offensively, and with his passion, he's got the stuff.

Irwin99

Our best player today (easily the best defender at any rate)

I love him, but he isn't a defender. Its hurting us defensively but offensively, and with his passion, he's got the stuff.
He’s one of only a few players we have that provide an attacking threat and move the ball forward - he’s an attacking full back, but his defensive work is good. The bigger issue is our soft core through the middle.

el3mel

Not world class for sure but as I said earlier in comparison to Valencia I'll love seeing him as our right back any day. At least he knows how to run and attack to start with.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He’s one of only a few players we have that provide an attacking threat and move the ball forward - he’s an attacking full back, but his defensive work is good. The bigger issue is our soft core through the middle.
Young had one of his better displays in a while, probably his best this season. He is not someone we should rely on in the coming years, he isn't a defender and we have no real fullbacks. Playing him and Valencia is a tradeoff, but we have no choice do we, its a big issue. We'll hope Dalot can find his feet quick tho.

yardieUnited

All he does is complain to the ref and act like a fake tough guy.

He constantly let the opponent run past him instead of running after, which after awhile causes problem for the centerbacks.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His leadership is immense on the pitch, glad he got the armband. He adds the kind of necessary hustle needed in games like these that you won't get from the more accomplished players.

Negan

Nah, you’re not convincing me. I’m tired of seeing him start games for us. He’s simply not good enough.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Fun stat: He now has 157 apps for Manchester United, which is the same amount he managed for Aston Villa. One more, and he'll have featured in more games for United than any other club he's played for.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great human but less than average footballer. Would be great if he didn’t have to play football

Jojo <3 Mou

So, Ashley Young is not the best RB and United should probably be doing better than him but he is a solid 6 every week (sometimes better). He is someone we can count on to always give his best. I appreciate his consistency and what he adds to the attack. I hope he improves his defensive positioning and instincts.

I'm open to him being here next year but not as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.