Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LingiBW

Constantly hoofs the ball to the opposition for no reason whatsoever. I don't understand why he keeps doing that when he could just keep the ball and play it simple. Whats worrying is that he's done it all season which means Mourinho and the rest of the management staff think thats fine
My blood boils everytime he does this. This should be his last season.

Rossa

Does he think he is a mother thinking he has eyes in the back of his head? Every time the opposition tries to run in behind him, it works. Also, Smalling should stop sideways passing to Young. He can just lumo it up himself.

jem

Lot of heart, but we need better.
This is it. I think on balance, he's been a useful member of the team over the last 7 years, but it's seriously time to upgrade - whether that is with Dalot or someone more proven coming in.

kundalini

There are very few 33 year old out-field players performing at a decent level in the PL this season. Young isn't one of them.

Expecting him to play 90 mins against Bournemouth, Juventus, then Man City is crazy.

Bwuk

So fed up with Ashley Young. Stealing a living playing at this level.

Sylar

He’s looked at similar to Smalling on here - always being slagged off, but like Smalling who is our best CB, Young is our best RB.
Which says a lot about our club at this moment.

I have no issues with Young, but the fact is, he shouldnt be our starter at RB, but its the situation we are in for one reason or another. And its not a one-off, hes actually the only name we can put there, despite knowing they should be upgraded ASAP.

He’s looked at similar to Smalling on here - always being slagged off, but like Smalling who is our best CB, Young is our best RB.
Both of them are way below the required standard, and both seem to get some sort of free pass when they sell out their teammates with shirking performances.

Young's defending has been horrific this season.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
IF you put Young into that City team and forced him to play every single game, they'd still walk the league.

JMack1234

He's a very Mourinho player when you think about it. Always gives 100%, has a chip on his shoulder, gets at the referee etc

RedDevil@84

Giving him an extension is equivalent to Woodward accepting that he is unfit to attract any quality players to the club and/or is no longer willing to spend anything for the team.

Coming to Young, I think he has been a great servant. But it is time to move on.

Pscholes18

No one wonder the team is in the state it's in ..players who should of been sent packing years ago are still getting extensions. How the mighty have fallen.

Fergietime@99

This definitely means Valencia is not getting a new contract. Next season it shall be dalot/new signing in the first team and Young as backup for RB and LB.
Also I think we have seen the last of TFM in a united shirt

UncleBob

Far too often he looks down, runs with the ball towards the sideline and just lofts it forward to the opposition without anyone actually making a run.

Bwuk

Far too often he looks down, runs with the ball towards the sideline and just lofts it forward to the opposition without anyone actually making a run.
Yep, panics far too often and just lumps it forward, we lose the ball and the other team has possession.

If Dalot isn't an improvement on the current Ashley Young he's a complete waste of money. Sooner he's fit the better.

Idxomer

One of the least intelligent players I've seen in a united shirt.

Bwuk

feck me, it's funny that he's still a first choice full back at United.
A failed winger at United - he was a bit of a flop, and now he’s somehow first choice full back in his mid thirties.

What other club would this happen at. Madness. He is absolutely woeful.

Funny how our right flank was rock solid without him there and a proper defender in his place, despite every man and his dog knowing to attack us down that side.

NinjaFletch

A failed winger at United - he was a bit of a flop, and now he’s somehow first choice full back in his mid thirties.

What other club would this happen at. Madness. He is absolutely woeful.
It's even funnier when you remember that one of our other four options at full back is there for exactly the same reason.

Marcus

Do we not have a single left footed LB at the club? Just promote the next one already. Sack Jose if he has no faith in youth.

Negan

He is fecking woeful and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

When he’s on the pitch, EVERYTHING goes through him. I swear he sees the most of the ball because the entire game plan is to “get it to Young so he can whip in a shite cross”... that’s all well and good if he had a Beckham-like cross on him but he fecking doesn’t. He hits the first defender most of the time!

The fact that he is our primary attacking outlet is the reason we’re so fecking shit. It’s like I’m the only one that can see this.

Young is the problem. Smalling is the problem. Buy some proper defenders who can play out from the back and watch the attacking play flow. Them just being on the pitch leaves us at a disadvantage because they’re not good footballers. They’re just not. The sooner we get rid of them, the better.

Minimalist

I honestly feel about Ashley Young like Michael Scott feels about Toby Flenderson in the US Office. I don't know why but his existence at our club explains so fecking much about why we're shite.

El Jefe

He is fecking woeful and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

When he’s on the pitch, EVERYTHING goes through him. I swear he sees the most of the ball because the entire game plan is to “get it to Young so he can whip in a shite cross”... that’s all well and good if he had a Beckham-like cross on him but he fecking doesn’t. He hits the first defender most of the time!

The fact that he is our primary attacking outlet is the reason we’re so fecking shit. It’s like I’m the only one that can see this.

Young is the problem. Smalling is the problem. Buy some proper defenders who can play out from the back and watch the attacking play flow. Them just being on the pitch leaves us at a disadvantage because they’re not good footballers. They’re just not. The sooner we get rid of them, the better.
I think I said the same thing a few weeks back. He's absolutely dreadful.

He sees so much of the ball that people get fooled into thinking he's had a decent game but he kills any passing moves because his only thought is to drive to the byline and cross or play long balls to the striker. He's shite and has been that way except for about a three week spell every season.

I hate seeing him in our first 11 and hate that Jose and LVG have given him so much responsibility in our team.

Man United's captain Ashley fecking Young. Good lord

red4ever 79

I honestly feel about Ashley Young like Michael Scott feels about Toby Flenderson in the US Office. I don't know why but his existence at our club explains so fecking much about why we're shite.
100% with you there dude. Dont worry we are supposed to be rewarding mediocre players with another year extension. The only thing I will ever remember of Ashley Young in years to come was the diving for penalties and the bird sh*tting in his mouth

el3mel

I'm changing my mind regarding him being our captain. This shower of shite deserves Ashley fecking Young to be their captain. It all comes in one hand.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Will never understand the concept behind the title “a good servant to the club”.
I would be a fantastic servant to any club willing to pay me a 1/50 of what he’s being paid, that’s the bare minimum you’d expect from anyone.
He’s been nothing but average at best during his time here, completely forgettable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.