Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Those last few minutes sum up Ashley Young.

Chance to put a dangerous free kick into the Southampton area, fecking awful delivery.

90 seconds later does a needless stupid foul which could have led to Southampton nicking it.

Then finally, gets another chance to deliver a quality set piece into the Southampton area, another fecking awful delivery.

He's shite, and it's embarrassing that it's almost 2019 and Ashley Young is still regularly playing games for us
Not just that but he's our captain as well mate.

WPMUFC

Those last few minutes sum up Ashley Young.

Chance to put a dangerous free kick into the Southampton area, fecking awful delivery.

90 seconds later does a needless stupid foul which could have led to Southampton nicking it.

Then finally, gets another chance to deliver a quality set piece into the Southampton area, another fecking awful delivery.

He's shite, and it's embarrassing that it's almost 2019 and Ashley Young is still regularly playing games for us
MUFC in 2018. The only reason our worst defender is not playing against arsenal is because he's got too many yellow cards. He did nothing for 90 mins and we will actually be better off against arsenal because his only contribution was a 5th yellow. :lol::lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Not just that but he's our captain as well mate.
Christ I forgot that.

It's so depressing.

Especially as I think it was clear halfway through Fergie's 2nd season that the gamble hadn't worked out and Young was clearly not good enough for Utd.

Yet here we are 6 years later and not only is he still fecking here but he's regularly captain.

Seij

Mourinho said before the season that Young will play 50 games this season and he sure is staying true to his words.

Owngoalscorer

Ash is past it, isn't a full back & should never be captain - that being said he is typical of what seems to be JMs selection process concerning his favorites and go-tos; ie he had a decent couple of games two years ago so he's an automatic pick until he dies.

Jericho

I thought there won't be worse captain than Valencia, but somehow Young looks even funnier wearing the armband. He is really not captain material by any means, I am not sure anyone takes him seriously. It would be like Phil Jones wearing the armband.
I think he's the best option available for the captaincy. He's easily the most vocal player on the pitch. He asserts himself in situations with opposition players and ref. And he always gives everything he has (can't say that for many others).

I'd like to see him back on the left side. I don't want to displace Shaw. If Martial is going to be benched, I think it's worth putting Young on the left wing. He's one of the few players we have capable of beating a man.

Djemba-Djemba

I think he's the best option available for the captaincy. He's easily the most vocal player on the pitch. He asserts himself in situations with opposition players and ref. And he always gives everything he has (can't say that for many others).

I'd like to see him back on the left side. I don't want to displace Shaw. If Martial is going to be benched, I think it's worth putting Young on the left wing. He's one of the few players we have capable of beating a man.
But he's shite.

That's why he shouldn't be playing for Utd, let alone being captain.

He's shite.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It's mad how we've all been expecting him to leave every summer since about 2014, but he's survived the cull each and every time.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Show bit respect for our captain, our 50 games leader.
The best respect you can show him is firmly placing him out of the starting 11 and the possibly the bench. Leaving him with no dignity having play and embarrass him self every game

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I don't have any problem with Young. He plays to the best of his, admittedly limited, ability and gives his all every game which is a lot more than can be said for some others.

Should he be a first choice player for Utd? No definitely not, but thats not his fault.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

I don't think we have many options available to be captain to be fair, but I don't see him as captain at all. The way he talks with the ref, our players, you can see he is not respected at all.

Jericho

Why do I think he's shite?

I've watched him play for Utd for 7 and a half years.
Well I'd have to assume you have watched him quite a bit since you have such a firm opinion on him.

I though you might offer a little more insight into why you think that.

Djemba-Djemba

Well I'd have to assume you have watched him quite a bit since you have such a firm opinion on him.

I though you might offer a little more insight into why you think that.
He was brought in as an attacking winger, with the rumours being that Fergie saw him as a replacement for Giggs. The problem was as a winger he didn't score or assist anywhere near enough for an attacking Manchester Utd player. His set pieces are crap, his crossing is crap, he couldn't beat a man etc.

He since has been converted into a fullback where he's again incredibly underwhelming. His crossing is still awful, his set pieces are still terrible and going forward he seems to have nothing but the hoof into the channels. Any new Utd fans would be shocked to find out he was once considering a winger.

The fact that he tries really hard means nothing to me. This is Manchester Utd, we should be having top quality players. It isn't enough to be an honest workhorse.

You thinking he's anywhere near good enough is just settling for mediocrity in my opinion

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Aren't we supposedly in talks to give him a new contract? There's no way we can give him a new contract, just no way, he has to be one of the first out the door next season, same as Valencia. We need to take the option to use these players out of our future manager's hands. I think he's been a good servant to the club in the years he's been here, never kicked up a fuss and always been professional but he's been rancid this season, almost nightmare-ish.

WPMUFC

Aren't we supposedly in talks to give him a new contract? There's no way we can give him a new contract, just no way, he has to be one of the first out the door next season, same as Valencia. We need to take the option to use these players out of our future manager's hands. I think he's been a good servant to the club in the years he's been here, never kicked up a fuss and always been professional but he's been rancid this season, almost nightmare-ish.
an actual manager that is mentally sound would have Young on the transfer market in January and even suggest to clubs that we might eat some of his wages to get rid.

We are about to pull another nani/moyes deal with young/Jose.

Ekeke

Usually, for all the shit play we get from him in other aspects of the game especially defensively, you can bank on Young putting in a couple of quality crosses.

However for the last few games he's clearly focused on quantity and discarded quality because he's forgotten how to cross a ball. The one thing he's good at. Completely useless player right now

El Jefe

Usually, for all the shit play we get from him in other aspects of the game especially defensively, you can bank on Young putting in a couple of quality crosses.

However for the last few games he's clearly focused on quantity and discarded quality because he's forgotten how to cross a ball. The one thing he's good at. Completely useless player right now
We can 100% agree on something today. Young has no business being in the squad right now.

Eyepopper

an actual manager that is mentally sound would have Young on the transfer market
You're assuming the manager of Manchester United is in control of which players come and go, I think.

Ashley R1+O

That exchange with Mourinho near the end was genuinely worrying.

I honestly wouldn't blame Young for the fact that he's starting. He's clearly got the mentality to play but the genuine problem is just an extension of the Valencia problem from four years ago that should have been fixed then. A 'break glass in case of emergency level' fullback somehow making his way to first choice with no proper natural players there to push him for his spot. You can even see on the left hand side with Shaw maybe just ready to be first choice yet there is nobody behind him at all. Match this up with the Ed Woodward fiasco in the summer and I doubt that we're even looking to fix these non-in the face level "can't get a superstar to sell noodle boxes" issues.

I doubt we're even looking at fullbacks at all considering Dalot is a guy that looks a few years away from growing into his role. Essentially his signing is a cherry on top young player when the entire structure isn't even built properly.

I don't expect any of this to be fixed any time soon.

haram

Ashley Young is our captain. Ashley Young is our RB. Ashley Young is all we have for width.

This guy was barely good enough for us as a winger a year after we signed him and now look at how much responsibility he has in our team as a 33 year old playing out of position. It's unbelievable.

WPMUFC

Ashley Young is our captain. Ashley Young is our RB. Ashley Young is all we have for width.

This guy was barely good enough for us as a winger a year after we signed him and now look at how much responsibility he has in our team as a 33 year old playing out of position. It's unbelievable.
i'd rather have less width in play with dalot. What does width achieve if your end product is 0/11 useful crosses and no contribution to the attack in a meaningful way? If dalot offers nothing more than a "capable defender", it's actually an improvement over Young at RB.

The best thing Young has done in the last 3 games is pick up a 5th yellow that now forces a change for arsenal.

red4ever 79

Get this bird sh*itting mouth collecting guy out of th eline up and and out of the club. Woeful, can tackle, cant cross. Would never get anywhere near another top ten club in the EPL. This is our captain and he is s*ite.

haram

i'd rather have less width in play with dalot. What does width achieve if your end product is 0/11 useful crosses and no contribution to the attack in a meaningful way? If dalot offers nothing more than a "capable defender", it's actually an improvement over Young at RB.

The best thing Young has done in the last 3 games is pick up a 5th yellow that now forces a change for arsenal.
We need width. Young is just not good enough.

Eyepopper

Jose blindly trusts Young. I seriously doubt woodward would care about selling him.
We wouldn't be selling him, we'd be letting him go for free and then spending tens of millions to replace him.

Mourinho trusts him because he knows what he'll get from him.

Minimalist

Great finish for the opener. Would rather he played on the wing and was a danger (minor or not) in the final third than playing at a full-back.

R'hllor

All in all, dont wanna see him or Valencia in first XI, wouldnt mind them as backups but as seniors that would never happen under JM, Valencia fecked up. Good goal today, good game regardless.

3KDré

He played very well. I've got a lot of respect for him, never stops running even at 33.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He played very well. I've got a lot of respect for him, never stops running even at 33.
Well said. Another United player who comes in for some very unfair criticism.

He is what he and of course is not perfect. But he doesn't hide even though he is almost always being picked in different positions.
Tries very hard and normal gives his best.

King.of.Red

great senior player to have in our squad. great example for our young players. top professional. always trying to give his best each game. very good performance today.

Bwuk

Better today but that Odoi for Fulham was dreadful.

Dante

Average bang
He'll never get the credit he deserves because a lot of people wrote him off and will forever refuse to admit they were wrong. But the guy is great on his day, and a true winner in the Fergie mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.