Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:lol:

Tonight he was like one of those legendary 40 year old players that are playing for small teams, that managers bring just for fans to have fun. Not Giggs type that actually bring something in the play, more like Oshea in goal type or Barthez on the wing.

Obviously nowhere near good enough for this level, he wasn't good for zunited at his peak in his natural wing position, let alone now couple of years later out of position. Can't even cross the ball.

Devil may care

Has all the English guts and gusto of the type of player lauded for his work at Huddersfield or Brighton, and about the same quality on the ball.

Jaxa

One of our best players tonight yet people just struggle to praise him without mentioning his quality is huddersfield level etc and then we have people defending Martial and how its not his fault and its everyone elses but was a complete lazy twat lets be honest here,

I'd take 10 hard working Ashley youngs over 10 lazy Anthony Martial's.

Baxter

Got down the line well, but feck me his crossing was utterly diabolical. Gives too many fouls away too.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Has all the English guts and gusto of the type of player lauded for his work at Huddersfield or Brighton, and about the same quality on the ball.
Which unironically enough is about as much ability on the ball as our prodigious young talents on the wings.

drdoityourself

He saw much of the ball. Can't help but feel that's how Juve liked it.
Has no idea on how to create, his passing from the back is just without any conviction or plan to build up from there.
His crossing is an afterthought, he spends so much effort trying to twist and turn the fullback he has no idea where our forwards are in the end. He just ends up not making it past the first defender or aimlessly hoofing it over everybody.

Negan

Him just being on the pitch leaves us at a disadvantage.

People moan and moan about Fellaini but Young is much more of a problem to our style of play.

When Ashley Young plays, ALL of our attacking outlet comes through him. That’s it. Instead of “hoofing it up to a Fellaini”, it’s “get the ball to Young so he can whip in a shite cross”

I’m sick of it. We’ll never improve and compete with the elite teams as long as we’re starting the likes of Young, Smalling and Jones. It’s impossible. At this point I’d take Darmian on the RB over Young. He played against Leicester and guess what? We weren’t relying on those predictable crosses all the time. We played it more through the middle and we WON.

Ashley Young is one of the main reasons we’re so shit in attack. I’m convinced. The sooner he leaves the better.

reddaz71

He probably looks at his bank balance and pinches himself, how has he been here for as long as he has done merely reflects the clubs overall incompetence post Ferguson,its not Youngs fault,he is a decent premier league player,just never truly good enough for the highest level.

Djemba-Djemba

Him continuously running into Ronaldo and fouling him summed us up. We used to have Ronaldo and players of his ilk and now we have players like Ashley Young.

It's depressing.

DocRockter

On Saturday he stops Eden Hazard and three days later he stops Ronaldo(dare I say that Allegri put Ronnie to play away from Young in the 2nd).. Now let's look Redcafe: "not good enough", "worst player on the pitch", "a disadvantage".. to our fcuking captain.

Young, at age 33, put out a good very good performances without much of a rest, took on the challenge and came out getting nothing but negativity. Against Juve in the 2nd half he was the one who made good tackles, trapped them with midfield to commit turnovers and thus Juve started to put more pressure to Martial and Shaw(Lindelöf).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If some years ago someone told me Ashley Young would be the main right back of our squad, I would laugh in that person's face :D

El Zoido

He’s consistently one of our only players that looks like he belongs. His attitude it spot on even though he has periods in and out of the team. His work rate is excellent, he performs the job asked if him by the manager, he pushes the team forward when nobody else looks like they give a crap. I think he deserves more respect than he gets. He’s never hid and he knows what the club is about.

Fahad Jawaid

He is one of the reasons we can never play positive attacking football. He does not have the guile to play out from the back, people moan about smalling he is more of a culprit, the difference between him and Cancelo was night and day. He could take people on inside and outside, whereas Young could only go on outside and Sandro figured out both him and Rashford, thus we could not put Juve Cbs under any pressure and when he actually managed to get away from Sandro which was a rare occurence, he either didn't clear the first man or overhit crosses where only Shaw could keep it in.

I hope Dalot is fit and he starts onwards now. My brother who hardly ever watches football hit the nail on the head the other day, he saw me screaming at the tv, tearing my hair out, and he just stood there and saw Ashley young picking up the ball, he said no matter what you guys buy upfront, if you don't get rid of the likes of Young, Valencia and Phil jones your team will never win anything of note.

Good attitude but playing wise he shouldn't be at the club,especially not as a starter.
But who else out there is going to cough up a fee and a contract that aligns with his current one ?
Nobody.And,like many of our players,he's going to be stuck here playing out his contract while us fans have to just deal with it.

El Jefe

I think he's absolutely terrible. A player who makes the side because of his commitment and work rate but has midtable quality on the ball. He's a grafter so will always be appreciated by many but at this level you need much more than that.

What makes it worse is the responsibilty we seem to give both him and Valencia in our attack. The two of them are key components of our attack and that says it all. I feel like the Juventus game has opened many people's eyes to what some of us have been saying for years. The level of quality Cancelo and Sandro showed in attack, defence and general gameplay was far and away beyond anything valencia and young could produce.

Fullbacks are absolutely vital now in providing an attacking outlet and all our rivals have excellent players there. Even Emery seems to have sorted Bellerin out and he's turning into an assist machine.

Canagel

Is there are more thick player in the squad? Some of the things he does are baffling. And this is our captain.

Jose wanted Sandro in the summer,no ?
And you can possibly see why too. Quality player who's a fair few notches above anything we can currently offer.
But,hey,atleast Shaw is looking slightly above average while getting a big fat contract in the process.

Crashoutcassius

On Saturday he stops Eden Hazard and three days later he stops Ronaldo(dare I say that Allegri put Ronnie to play away from Young in the 2nd).. Now let's look Redcafe: "not good enough", "worst player on the pitch", "a disadvantage".. to our fcuking captain.

Young, at age 33, put out a good very good performances without much of a rest, took on the challenge and came out getting nothing but negativity. Against Juve in the 2nd half he was the one who made good tackles, trapped them with midfield to commit turnovers and thus Juve started to put more pressure to Martial and Shaw(Lindelöf).
Spot on

A thread full of hipster children

ForestRGoinUp

I think he's absolutely terrible. A player who makes the side because of his commitment and work rate but has midtable quality on the ball. He's a grafter so will always be appreciated by many but at this level you need much more than that.

What makes it worse is the responsibilty we seem to give both him and Valencia in our attack. The two of them are key components of our attack and that says it all. I feel like the Juventus game has opened many people's eyes to what some of us have been saying for years. The level of quality Cancelo and Sandro showed in attack, defence and general gameplay was far and away beyond anything valencia and young could produce.

Fullbacks are absolutely vital now in providing an attacking outlet and all our rivals have excellent players there. Even Emery seems to have sorted Bellerin out and he's turning into an assist machine.
Don't think it's us giving them that responsibility as much as our opponent's saying they can have the ball as much as they like. Better FBs would not be given the space that they are given, simple as.

poleglass red

He worked hard, put himself about and got into some excellent positions but his final ball was poor, really poor. One of the few that didn't look overawed. Guys like Rashford, Martial, Lukaku always in these games seem like they don't think they belong there.Young's character can't be doubted, just his quality, which at this level it will be exposed.

El Jefe

Don't think it's us giving them that responsibility as much as our opponent's saying they can have the ball as much as they like. Better FBs would not be given the space that they are given, simple as.
I never looked at it that way but that is very possible. You would think that Jose has caught on to the fact our right wing is deemed to have zero threat by our opponents and sought to do something about in in the summer. He's signed Dalot but that's clearly not enough seeing as he's 3rd choice right back atm.

Its a series of cockups at United right now.

ForestRGoinUp

I never looked at it that way but that is very possible. You would think that Jose has caught on to the fact our right wing is deemed to have zero threat by our opponents and sought to do something about in in the summer. He's signed Dalot but that's clearly not enough seeing as he's 3rd choice right back atm.

Its a series of cockups at United right now.
Indeed it is.

I mean the fact Young and Valencia are given the type of space that any player would dream of having, and they never do anything with it, says it all about their quality (as wingers especially). I get that they do try hard, but enough with that being enough. How many low quality/high effort guys are we carrying in the squad right now??

Anyway, it's clearly time for Dalot just to offer some sort of threat down that side and provide more spacing for the guys in the middle and on the left to operate in. Playing defense against us is too easy.

L1nk

The state of our club if we give this bang average old player a 2 year contract. Just let him leave.

ForestRGoinUp

The state of our club if we give this bang average old player a 2 year contract. Just let him leave.
I cringe at the thought of this happening. He's not good enough for the bench now, let alone over the next two years. Even if it is just paper stuff at this point, is it really hard to believe that we would be doing this? Matic, Smalling, Jones and another extension for Fellainio are probably on deck.

Smores

Spot on

A thread full of hipster children
It's fecking ridiculous that Young doesn't get shown any respect on here tbh. Saying that how many of our players do actually get shown respect? Not many

The only thing our fans seemingly respect is "potential"

ForestRGoinUp

It's fecking ridiculous that Young doesn't get shown any respect on here tbh. Saying that how many of our players do actually get shown respect? Not many

The only thing our fans seemingly respect is "potential"
Because he wears the shirt and puts on a mean face he deserves respect? How about instead of calling it disrespect (which is what our opponents show him by virtue of all the space they give to him) you just call it people being tired of watching extremely limited footballers play prominent roles at "the biggest club in the world" - wanting better (no, much better) is now labeled as disrespect lol.

el3mel

2 years contract. :lol:

That means sooner or later he will be the main captain for the team the whole season, by his second year at least.

Ashley Young as Manchester United captain. If that was happening to Arsenal or Liverpool I would be laughing my arse off.

Desperate days.

Last edited:

Smores

Because he wears the shirt and puts on a mean face he deserves respect? How about instead of calling it disrespect (which is what our opponents show him by virtue of all the space they give to him) you just call it people being tired of watching extremely limited footballers play prominent roles at "the biggest club in the world" - wanting better (no, much better) is now labeled as disrespect lol.
Because he's a long standing servant of the club who has contributed a lot and gives it everything including a lot of good performances as recently as Chelsea.

Sick of people posting half baked strawmans on here, who exactly said we can't want better?

Novel idea but you can still want better whilst respecting a player. I hope we don't offer him a new contract for instance, that doesn't mean i need to slag him off or exaggerate his faults.

Andersons Dietician

People really have selective memories, people must have forgotten the first half against Chelsea where he was wondering and just letting people run off of him. Now he is getting praised for shutting out Ronaldo when Ro Aldo was up against Smalling who was doing most of the shutting out. Young certainly had points in the game where he was really good but he had points where he was really bad. Great servant, handy to have around but we should go back to the rule of players over 30 only getting 1 year deals with an activation clause. It was good enough for Giggs and the likes it’s good enough for Young.

Greck

Think people usually don't notice these things till we start getting punished but his awareness at the right back is bad. He often misses runs till it's too late. Don't want to say he switches off cos tbf to him, after playing on the left for so long I think he's more used to looking over the other shoulder but the Young at RB thing isn't exactly what I'd call a success so far

Idxomer

Young and Valencia being the ones with the armband this season is very in line with the club's policy of awarding mediocrity the last few years.

Giving another contract for Young is just the icing on the cake. They gave him 4-year contract at the age of 30, so no one should be surprised here.

L1nk

I think people need to act like adults and grow up instead of taking comments about players as personal insults for some reason. Yes, Ashley Young has played for us for many years, far too many than he actually should have, we apparently bought him to compete with Barcelona (lol), and In that regard he deserves respect in that I've never heard him complain about being benched or being moved position to benefit the team, however, he's barely ever been good enough is the reality, teams like Bayern Munich, Barcelona etc virtually never sign player alike Ashley Young, because let's face it, he's pretty much an average footballer that at one point had some ok pace and sometimes managed to whip in a decent ball, that's virtually all he's ever had and now he only shows even glimpses of the crossing, I personally think we signed him because he was English, not because he was a world beater, never has been, he's beyond average just like Jesse Lingard and others and we should not be entertaining the idea of them being at the club any longer if we want to get back to the top, this is the harsh reality of this club, being sentimental and other such nonsense is part of what has us in this position in the first place. Other top clubs are generally ruthless when it comes to getting rid of managers or players that are clearly not good enough anymore, we instead offer than obscene wages on stupid contracts to the point we can't get rid of them, and insist on sticking by managers when it's clearly not working as intended.

We owe Ashley Young absolutely nothing, he's been paid obscene amounts by this club over the years and has never been an exceptional player, should of been rid of him years ago. Hope I didn't personally offend anyone with this post.

Offers next to nothing on the ball but I thought he had a decent game defensively.
That’s not true, one of the most memorable passses of the match was a great cross field ball to Pogba (I think). He’s easily our best RB, and is good going forward. Clearly it’s a position we can improve on, but he’s infinitely better than Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.