Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

hp88

Thought Rooney was bad as a captain but this takes it to a new level, should be embarrassed to put on that arm band when you are the weakest link in the team.

Castia

He should be out of the first team picture all together. How he continues to play every game at this point is a disgrace.

He was crap and has been so for almost the entire season. However, I don't know why so many people despise the bloke as his only crime is declining in the same way that a vast majority of players do after the age of circa 32.

He's an almost 34 year old fullback who should've been put out to pasture like Valencia was. The fact that he keeps getting starts is on management, not him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Starting to hate him and I don't like hating any Utd player. He's one lucky lucky lad to play so many games.for this club. He's never been any better than a top 10 player. Not once.

Tapori

Why is that Young gets special treatment when supposedly Ole and the staff are assessing the squad and getting rid of the dead weight?

They evaluated Fellaini and he was gone asap. They have done so to Valencia and he will be gone. The same way Valencia has been a long time servant for the club, so has Young but he’s no different than him as they’re both past it or just don’t fit anymore.

...get rid of this fraud. The fact he wears the captains armband is shameful. He cost us both legs. How is one so hesitant to make a pass or just clear the ball? He holds on to it for a lifetime and it leads to trouble. He had 4 or 5 chances to get rid of it but failed to which led to the goal. Worst of all is when he lost the ball and went in and missed the tackle, he pretended to be hurt and let Messi stroll right in and score. The audacity he then/always has to shout at the rest of the team.

twitter.com/utdarena/status/1118240429714104325?s=21

Shameless player. We had more than a fair chance to beat this Barca side. Even if you throw enough shit at the wall something’s bound to stick but for Young in the 1st game. Worst delivery I’ve ever seen in a full game. 2nd game he fecks up and completely changes the tide when we were out playing Barca. I just don’t why he’s given a pass. He’s actually worse than Fellaini and Valencia but somehow gets playing time and the fecking captaincy :confused:
Was diabolical in both legs. I'm loathed to pile in on a player that has played well for us over many years but he really should be blamed for this. A clear pass by a brave confident player is clearly on as he get's cornered and it's a lofted ball across to the free player on the far side. Won't be intercepted and at worst will go out into touch but for some incredible reason he turns where there is literally NO space.

They say Young controls the dressing room playlist. Absolute state.

kundalini

Don't know what to say at this stage. So predictable that Young would take forever on the ball then end up giving away possession near our box.

Shambolic performances in both legs.

Really does not reflect well on the club that they handed him another year.

Tapori

What's striking here is that Young has 2 CLEAR opportunities to play the obvious ball out wide EVEN when he's in trouble. Is it match fixing? is Scholes blackmailing him?

he did this all throughout the 2 legs, playing slow, taking 50 years and still not making a good pass. You can see Jones even gesturing where the ball should go. Was Young ill?

Idxomer

Pay him the rest of his contract and release him. The club needs to stop accepting such low standards season after another.

Idxomer

You can see Jones even gesturing where the ball should go. Was Young ill?
It's fascinating really, twice Jones is giving him the right option to play the ball and he ignores him completely and do the inexplicable.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Unbelievable how experienced player can do such dumbf*ckery on the pitch.

Absolute plonker and right now he's mocking his club by being such a pathetic imitation of footballer.

Barthez had more dignity than this pile of banter wank.

Tapori

It's fascinating really, twice Jones is giving him the right option to play the ball and he ignores him completely and do the inexplicable.
Oh aye, twice indeed. Would love to ask Ashley on a serious level what was going on.
A player can decline in pace or speed but this was as if Ashley Young had taken LSD before the game or something.

RedStarUnited

Oh aye, twice indeed. Would love to ask Ashley on a serious level what was going on.
A player can decline in pace or speed but this was as if Ashley Young had taken LSD before the game or something.
It's not just this game, I seriously wish I was younger and had time to make video clips of these things more often. Young does this all the time, watch him in two situations, when he can cross and when he has to make a throw in. For crosses, he almost always ignores the space left by a defender and tries to get closer to the defender before trying to cross. For throw ins, he is usually very slow to see the open and obvious throw.

El Zoido

He was a decent squad player as a winger after coming in from Villa. It boggles the mind that, not only is he still at the club in 2019, but he’s starting a game of such magnitude. I literally cannot process it in any way.

Kostov

Unbelievable how experienced player can do such dumbf*ckery on the pitch.

Absolute plonker and right now he's mocking his club by being such a pathetic imitation of footballer.

Barthez had more dignity than this pile of banter wank.
He was never the brightest chap to begin with.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It was almost sad to see the state of him. He’s really finished as a top level footballer, he was never that good to begin with and if you add decline to that you are left with a player that does not belong to PL let alone a team that wants to compete.

He will still be starting games next season though.

Tapori

It's not just this game, I seriously wish I was younger and had time to make video clips of these things more often. Young does this all the time, watch him in two situations, when he can cross and when he has to make a throw in. For crosses, he almost always ignores the space left by a defender and tries to get closer to the defender before trying to cross. For throw ins, he is usually very slow to see the open and obvious throw.
Agreed. Someone should as it was instrumental in our loss to wolves.
People moan that our play breaks down with smalling but the importance of full backs in the modern game just beggers belief when you watch Young recently.

lawliet354

Made a mistake, shout at his teammate, repeat for 90 minutes. Worst United captain in my lifetime. If Ole keeps playing him it'll be his downfall. One of the few players that is holding the team back to play nice football

I'm probably at a point where I'd rather not watch the game if he plays

Last edited:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I can feel my bloody pressure rise every game just watching him trying to play football and fecking up at everytime.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Sadly this is on Ole.

I know shaw was suspended but Young has been a liability for months.

Darmien would have been a better choice or even Dalot.

Young has literally been that bad that a kid or a cast off would have been better.

peridigm

Made a mistake, shout at his teammate, repeat for 90 minutes. Worst United captain in my lifetime. If Ole keeps playing him it'll be his downfall. One of the few players that is holding the team back to play nice football

I'm probably at a point where I'd rather not watch the game if he plays
The sad thing is we’ve already given him another year or am I having a nightmare?

Giggs86

If he really cares about the club and have any decency left he tells Ole that he's done and that he won't be playing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.