6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Great signing. Should hopefully give us at least three very good years.

Carrick/Bastain/Blind - 6
Bastian/Herrera - 8
Herrera/Fellaini - 10

Could potentially change to Schneiderlin instead of Herrera in the 8 position.

:cool:

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Poor Schweini. Already in Manchester apparently. Will never have a classic flight tracking thread like Darmian now.

Furious George

Shopping at Aldi on this deal. German value at it's best. Fantastic signing.

I'm also a huge fan of that cheap cider they do there. Oh, and the garlic sausage. I might nip down myself this afternoon actually.

snk123

Reports saying Woodward will meet with Schniderlin's reps today as well. Somebody calm him the feck down or there are going to be muppet craziness here!!

RedStarUnited

Rummenigge told the press: “Bastian and I had arranged to meet after the summer holidays, to have a conversation. This took place yesterday. It was a very serious and detailed chat where we talked very honestly. He has informed me that he has been thinking in his holiday. He wants to end his career something new. He has asked me to respond to his request.

“We have responded to this request. The colleague from Manchester United has contacted me. We have agreed on a transfer.
“We tried to convince him to stay with Bayern Munich. But I also understand that a player who is 17 years at Bayern Munich, at the end of his career still want to gain a new experience. ”

“I regret that because Bastian extremely deserving player from us was how you have to say now. He was 17 years with us. He has passed through all stages. He has done great things. He has won everything. I told him that we will give him a great farewell match in Munich when he finishes his career. Whenever that will be. If he stops, we will also talk about whether there will be a future, a second career for him at Bayern.”

Look how quickly they sorted this out. They had a chat yesterday and the deal was all agreed and everything that same day. Real classy stuff from Bayern.

And I hope this puts an end to the "they didnt him" brigade.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Holy feck we actually signed Bastian schweinsteiger... All last night I was kind of thinking I'd wake up to it all being a lie and he announces he's staying.... And he actually signed! This is better then the rvp transfer a few years ago.

From Cleverly and fletcher at the start of last season, to Herrera, schweinsteiger, Carrick and probably schneiderlin.

MAME DIOUF 32

The important question is what number he'll wear, given that Sideshow Bob has #31 nailed down.

Nucks

RT History Department
Somewhere in a galaxy far far away, some zen master just sensed a disturbance in the force.

"As if millions of unborn children cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened".

Sam

But he played 28 games last season and 36 games the year before excluding internationals.
Last season after a gruelling summer and he was not alone because of that reason. Don't see how he missed 28 games in 2013/14
I'm just going on thats stats that I've seen on here.

If they're wrong, then I'll be delighted.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I would love to be super muppet happy about this transfer, but i am worried about his injury record. I can't help it. Dont care about his age or his fee, but its a concern for me. If he stays fit and plays 90% of the league games and all the important champions league games then it will be a truely awesome signing. No questions about his ability obviously. He is a world class midfielder - simple.

Sam

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
The featured poll for Schweinsteiger has one positive option and 4 horrible ones. :lol:

settembrini

I am happy we are signing someone to replace Carrick but would much rather that player have been Schneiderlin.

Obviously we could still sign him as well but until we do my reaction to this signing is that it's okay, rather than great/terrible.

Blackwidow

Somehow it does not feel right to never see Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Müller together on the pitch again. Not even for the German team as Lahm has retired...

Ixion

Last season he was coming off the back of a long World Cup in South America, he's just been on holiday and we'll have him for all our pre-season and manage the number of games he plays well.

Hed Zitin

Pigs have flown.

He'll bring leadership, all round CM quality and a winning mentality. Fantastic signing as long as Schneiderlin is also brought in because of the injuries.

Willkommen to our first German.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This transfer being completed so quickly could also mean that we changed our decision to go for Schneiderlin once Schweini finally made his decision

MAME DIOUF 32

Somehow it does not feel right to never see Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Müller together on the pitch again. Not even for the German team as Lahm has retired...
Sensible solution is that we just sign Muller. Could go for Lahm too but would need a refund on Darmian.

Super Nani

So happy I'm now going to get drunk to celebrate. Schweinsteiger in a United shirt, wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.