6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

Fergie was the best in managing older players, picking the games they should play in and the games they should rest. If LvG is as good we have at least 5 years of a top player in Bastian.

Anduin

Then we should have gotten Scheiderlin who is a more natural holding midfield replacement. Moreover, Carrick has not yet hung his boot and his performances last season showed he is still capable of being a starter for United. At the moment, we seem to have an overflow in midfield without any proper balance.
Guess we'll sign Schneiderlin as well and LVG will (at least) have two players for every (midfield) position.

6: Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Blind
8: Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Pereira
10: Herrera, Mata, Fellaini

That would be a brilliant selection headache to have IMO. No Rooney in midfield, we need him upfront anyway.

DocRockter

Don't know about this one.. Sure we need a bigger squad this season ´cause of the UCL and the domestic cups but there's no way he should start in any of the big games before Carrick. Sure, he's won a lot but the Bundesliga has become a wash for Bayern who buys the opposition dry year after year. If the wages that are being thrown around are accurate, this might be a Falcao part 2..

But what I like about this and the upcoming Schneiderlin deal is that it pushes Blind to LB permanently and makes him better in that one position.. Blind is no Johnny O'Shea I tell you that..

Nucks

RT History Department
Fergie was the best in managing older players, picking the games they should play in and the games they should rest. If LvG is as good we have at least 5 years of a top player in Bastian.
All we need to do is pump him full ofGH and TRT and he will be good into his 40's.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Just returned from a short holiday and will be leaving again tonight. I only had limited access to teh interwebs and the only news I got made it obvious Van Persie is leaving. Which is fair enough all things considered, though I personally liked him a lot and wasn't happy at all with a player of his calibre and talent leaving us.

But then we signed Bastian Schweinsteiger. Feck yeah.

I might just get mildly drunk on German beer now since I've got six of them in the fridge and there's nothing better to do anyway. A moment like this needs proper celebrating. It's very interesting that Bayern actually let him go, I wouldn't have guessed that last year. Though since he wanted to try something new, I guess there's not much the Bayern board could have done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't know about this one.. Sure we need a bigger squad this season ´cause of the UCL and the domestic cups but there's no way he should start in any of the big games before Carrick. Sure, he's won a lot but the Bundesliga has become a wash for Bayern who buys the opposition dry year after year. If the wages that are being thrown around are accurate, this might be a Falcao part 2..

But what I like about this and the upcoming Schneiderlin deal is that it pushes Blind to LB permanently and makes him better in that one position.. Blind is no Johnny O'Shea I tell you that..
Ffs, I love carrick but he has never been anywhere close to the level schweinsteiger is. Not even close.

Sam

:lol:

Being negative does not make you the voice of reason. It just makes you a boring buzzkill for no apparent reason.
A buzzkill because I have legitimate concerns about a players recent injury record? Combined with our record of dealing with injury prone players? And the fact that the PL is an incredibly physically draining league? Its quite clearly not for 'no apparent reason' its actually with very good reason. Because as a player, I think Bastian is fantastic (obviously). I'm not doubting his quality.

Or should I just jump on the 'OMG WE SIGNED SCHEWINSTIGER! WHO CARES ABOUT HIS INJURY RECORD!' band wagon, because well, thats what everyone else is doing?

Sam

Have you ever stopped to enjoy anything in your life?
I enjoy plenty of things. Infact, the only signing of the LVG era I've not been on board with yet was that of Falcao

way to put a downer on things BUT you do have a very good point, one I hope is proved wrong.
Me too.

Well then we can't trust any player. By the same token, everybody can be a potential crock. We have to look at ourselves instead of always blaming the player.
I'm not blaming the player. Hardly their fault if they're injury prone.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
A buzzkill because I have legitimate concerns about a players recent injury record? Combined with our record of dealing with injury prone players? And the fact that the PL is an incredibly physically draining league? Its quite clearly not for 'no apparent reason' its actually with very good reason. Because as a player, I think Bastian is fantastic (obviously). I'm not doubting his quality.

Or should I just jump on the 'OMG WE SIGNED SCHEWINSTIGER! WHO CARES ABOUT HIS INJURY RECORD!' band wagon, because well, thats what everyone else is doing?
You're right, childish knee-jerk reactions would be completely out of character.

NK86

Somehow it does not feel right to never see Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Müller together on the pitch again. Not even for the German team as Lahm has retired...
Awww, care to send the other two on a flight to Manchester? ;)

rotherham_red

Is he our first German first team player? Other than Neumayr, I don't think we've ever had one :eek:

Cmz'

Can't wait for us to have Rooney, Mata, Schweinsteiger and Depay as options for Free kicks only to have Di Maria taking all of them.

Utd7

I can't figure out which is better news, that we just signed him or that Madrid is rumored to have ended their pursuit for De Gea?!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I actually met him for a few seconds last August at the Allianz when Bayern were showcasing their team for the coming season. I was wearing a United top and pointed to it asking him "Do you want to sign for United?" and he just laughed, then signed my shirt. But that's when the first seeds were planted in his mind.

So you can thank me for this one lads... ;)
:lol:

Kaos

De Gea can take Edurna back to the Madrid circus for all I care now, we now have Ana Ivanovich :drool:

dasty

I find it amusing that the last thing we need were midfielder, yet we have signed one and might get another in Schinerderlin. With De Gea leaving and Falcao, Van Persie and perhaps Hernandez as well, it seems our priority should be a striker and a goalkeeper. Nevertheless, the window is not close yet and we could still get players in that position.

Anyway, good signing(based of his past experience and performances), but I hope this not cause the same "shoehorning" problem we had with our strikers last signing towards our midfield. E.g., Herrera might have to move out wide or we loose focus on Peirrera or any of our acedemy player progress(ala Wilson), just to incorporate our big name players.
Have you forgotten about our beloved captain's stint in the midfield? His performances had you convinced aye?

izec

Well, even Ronaldo's representatives but more emotion into his tweets... This is like a report on the game basically
Well he looks back on the World cup from last year. He posts selfies and also congratulates people etc...just look down his timeline.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Guess we'll sign Schneiderlin as well and LVG will (at least) have two players for every (midfield) position.

6: Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Blind
8: Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Pereira
10: Herrera, Mata, Fellaini

That would be a brilliant selection headache to have IMO. No Rooney in midfield, we need him upfront anyway.
Headache? More like a disaster waiting to happen. Too many midfield players and the best teams in the world usually do not have such an overflow as it can disrupt team chemistry. Blind and Fellaini(two of our best or important players last season) will most likely become bit part players. Mata and one of Carrick or Schneiderlin aswell. The latter dependent on who is more in form and fit. The former, if he does not play on the right. Pereira development will go backward next season unless he is loaned out, so no need mentioning him anymore.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
feck me, he may be in decline or whatever, but we've made one hell of a signing here. The guy is easily one of the top 3-5 midfielders around at the moment. If we can get a 2-3 good seasons out of him then this might go down as one of our very best signings ever.

I keep thinking that it's the type of signing Fergie would have made -- a bit like when we signed Larsson, only more impressive.

Skills

Snitch
Headache? More like a disaster waiting to happen. Too many midfield players and the best teams in the world usually do not have such an overflow as it can disrupt team chemistry. Blind and Fellaini(two of our best or important players last season) will most likely become bit part players. Mata and one of Carrick or Schneiderlin aswell. The latter dependent on who is more in form and fit. The former, if he does not play on the right. Pereira development will go backward next season unless he is loaned out, so no need mentioning him anymore.
Blind and Fellaini aren't good enough to play in our midfield long term, so that would be pretty ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.