Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Headache? More like a disaster waiting to happen. Too many midfield players and the best teams in the world usually do not have such an overflow as it can disrupt team chemistry. Blind and Fellaini(two of our best or important players last season) will most likely become bit part players. Mata and one of Carrick or Schneiderlin aswell. The latter dependent on who is more in form and fit. The former, if he does not play on the right. Pereira development will go backward next season unless he is loaned out, so no need mentioning him anymore.
Yeah but last year we finished fourth and got knocked out of the cups. We're aiming to go a lot better next season, I don't think anyone sees Blind and Fellaini improving to the extent that they can play a pivotal role in making that happen.

Kaos

Headache? More like a disaster waiting to happen. Too many midfield players and the best teams in the world usually do not have such an overflow as it can disrupt team chemistry. Blind and Fellaini(two of our best or important players last season) will most likely become bit part players. Mata and one of Carrick or Schneiderlin aswell. The latter dependent on who is more in form and fit. The former, if he does not play on the right. Pereira development will go backward next season unless he is loaned out, so no need mentioning him anymore.
All the top European teams have an abundance of quality midfield players - look at the talent in Munich's midfield for starters.

Also:
Carrick - Getting on and will be expected to play more reservedly at his age
Fellaini - Let's be honest, never going to be a regular starter under LVG, nor do I think he'll care if he's playing a more marginal role, I get the impression he loves being here regardless.
Pereira - He's still a youngster
Blind - I'm sure he was signed for his versatility, not to be a regular starter in the midfield. Its a long season so he'll get plenty of minutes in defence and midfield.

That leaves, Mata, Schneiderlin, Herrera and Swine's tiger as our firm first choice midfielders. They'll all play plenty of games, likely starting most of them too.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Team 1:

Rooney

Depay-------------------Di Maria

Schweni--------Herrera

Schneiderlin

Shaw-----Otamendi-----Smalling-----Darmian

De Gea​

Team 2:

Hernandez/Wilson

Young------------------Mata

Fellaini-------Perreira

Carrick

Blind-----Rojo-----Jones-----Valencia

Lindegaard​

Ekeke

Could be a good signing but Schneiderlin is far far more important. Lets sign him up and then review this one as it would then make a lot more sense

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only Carrick, Herrera and Blind are central midfielders. Fellini and Mata are second strikers/attacking midfielders/wide attackers (in Mata's case sometimes). There is not enough.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
A buzzkill because I have legitimate concerns about a players recent injury record? Combined with our record of dealing with injury prone players? And the fact that the PL is an incredibly physically draining league? Its quite clearly not for 'no apparent reason' its actually with very good reason. Because as a player, I think Bastian is fantastic (obviously). I'm not doubting his quality.

Or should I just jump on the 'OMG WE SIGNED SCHEWINSTIGER! WHO CARES ABOUT HIS INJURY RECORD!' band wagon, because well, thats what everyone else is doing?
Injuries and transfer fee/wages aside, the way I see it is that we can start the new campaign with a squad that includes Bastian Schweinsteiger, or a squad that doesn't! I certainly know which option I prefer...

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Griaß di Basti,

kumm hera, samma mehra.

At least this signing will help to bring back the respect to our rivals. It is good to have names like him on the Team sheet.

Riz

That leaves, Mata, Schneiderlin, Herrera and Swine's tiger as our firm first choice midfielders. They'll all play plenty of games, likely starting most of them too.
Do you know something we don't? :)

Raptori

Special needs
Team 1:

Rooney

Depay----------------Di Maria

Schweni--------Herrera

Schneiderlin

Shaw-----Otamendi-----Smalling-----Darmian

De Gea​

Team 2:

Hernandez/Wilson

Young------------------Mata

Fellaini-------Perreira

Carrick

Blind-----Jones-----McNair-----Valencia

Lindegaard​
You get a point for putting Depay and Di Maria the right way round, you lose several for putting fecking McNair instead of Rojo. And anotherone for spelling it 'Schweni'. ;)

Oo0AahCantona

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Nipped out to Homebase, come back to find the thread name change and tweets from United. I should go to homebase more often!

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its going to be like having Keane back in the middle, as in, having someone who plays like they give a feck.

Anduin

Are you serious mate? Last season we only had around 40-45 games and we badly struggled in midfield. We had to play Rooney there (and consequently suffered upfront), even Valencia played there once or twice. I know we had injury issues beyond every imagination, but this season we'll have the league, Cups (we can't do worse than last year surely), Europe to contend with, so 50 games minimum. Furthermore, LVG definitely moves to a 4-3-3 system and we need three real midfielders in there. I think one more signing in CM is definitely required to have us compete on all fronts.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Speaks for itself...

Source: Telegraph
He's a central midfielder in the most creative and offensively potent side in the Bundesliga and one of the best worldwide. It's sort of a given that he'd have better stats in those areas.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I have absolutely no problem with his age. If he surround him with energetic players like Herrera, Di Maria, Depay and Rooney he will flourish. I just hope he will stay fit.

Massive signing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Only just saw this. Wow. Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.

For years this guy was my theoretical dream replacement for Roy Keane. Holy shit.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Only just saw this. Wow. Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger.

For years this guy was my theoretical dream replacement for Roy Keane. Holy shit.
Same... I just hope it isn't a couple years too late!

032Devil

Blind and Fellaini aren't good enough to play in our midfield long term, so that would be pretty ideal.
That depends on how long it will take these new players to settle into the team, style of play and English football. Blind and Fellaini will still play a major role.

clarkydaz

hope he brings his world cup medal to carrington. 'Have you got one of these? Have you? How about you?'

Mister Ed

Speaks for itself...

Source: Telegraph
Most important thing I see is that Schweinsteiger is great when he plays but he has played even fewer minutes than Carrick last season which is worrying.

Also looking at those stats it is weird Carrick is considered our best midfielder, he is worse than the other 3 compared on those stats.

Devil may care

Could be a good signing but Schneiderlin is far far more important. Lets sign him up and then review this one as it would then make a lot more sense
Exactly how I feel, I see the positives of Schweinsteiger in conjunction with Schneiderlin, once that is confirmed and we know it wasn't one or the other I'll enjoy this more, we'll have the best midfield in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.