Bastian Schweinsteiger | Signed for MUFC - confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I think the posts sounding out those who were on the fence about Schweinsteiger are a bit over the top. Both sides have fair arguments as to why they are in the camps they are. People aren't saying they are disappointed or saddened at the prospect of Schweinsteiger joining, but that they don't want a short-term fix like him to be the only addition. There's nothing wrong with wanting the club to go out and buy players on the cusp of their prime or already world class, just as there is nothing wrong with bringing in proven experience with plenty to offer in game intelligence. Success has been known to mean both on occasion. As long as we continue to have evidence of both, you can expect people to meet at a contented middle ground.
It's not about that! It's people whingeing about getting a world class proven winner that will slot perfectly within our system, and if it improves us even slightly people shouldn't be turning their noses up at this signing. The way I see it we have an opportunity to start the new season in all four competitions with a squad that includes Bastian Schweinsteiger or we could start the new season with a squad that does not. I know which one I prefer and all this whingeing and moaning is getting ridiculous, we should all be united and excited for the prospects that lie ahead for the new campaign instead of moaning at every given opportunity

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nice to see it done and before any official on Damiam as well

Irrational.

Meh, he's no Milner / Ings is he? :lol:

:devil::devil::devil:
Milneymar and Ingsiesta are gonna win us the league. Who 'ave you signed? What 'ave they ever won?

Don't forget Ferminiyo who I'd never head of a fortnight ago, I just know he's a world class player and will form a world class partnership with Sturridgestuta. Five tiems.

siw2007

Great signing. Top class hardened professional with a wealth of experience, and serial winner as well. He might not be the young player we all wanted and thus probably won't play week in week out for us, but if we can draw 30 appearances out of him, then with his undoubted quality and leadership skills, then he can be hugely influential for us next season.

I expect though, that he will share the deep lying role with Carrick and only on occasions will play with him.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
This'll give folks a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.