BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
To be fair, if they announced it before the last game of the season, it would give LvG a chance to say his goodbyes and he would get a good reception imo. We could go to the FA Cup final looking forward to it and he would get another good reception from the crowd.
It would be suitable if his contract was coming to an end. But we are SACKING him. It's not really something he'd want to have a song and dance about, really - when you consider his character.

But really, the 'send off' would be better if Van Gaal was willing to come out and say it's been mutual decision for him to retire early, and that 'his job here is done', etc. But I can't see it happening anymore.

Esquire

Yeah, there has been absolutely no point in Jose being out of the game (and certainly smiling most of the time) if the deal hadn't been done. He knows.....
He does appear to be smugly calm doesn't he. I hope you are right because I am still not wholly convinced.

Esquire

The call is at 1pm. The third quarter results are released at 12pm. They won't be announcing anything to do with managerial changes during the call and nor will they answer any questions regarding managerial changes.
Have you read the call pre-read? I would have thought investors esp. institutional investors can ask about the fundamentals of the business, that is performance of the first team. Managerial change certain impacts upon the results of the business. Remember when they were trying to list the prospectus had warnings about Fergie retiring and possible negative impact on the business.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Have you read the call pre-read? I would have thought investors esp. institutional investors can ask about the fundamentals of the business, that is performance of the first team. Managerial change certain impacts upon the results of the business. Remember when they were trying to list the prospectus had warnings about Fergie retiring and possible negative impact on the business.
Yep I've read it. It's quite brief and not very informative at all. I've listened to every quarterly call in the last few years but they rarely if ever give out specific answers regarding management or transfers. This call won't be any different.

CM

I'm having to use Google translate to understand these thread title changes. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered it means "something that sounds Italian"

Esquire

Yep I've read it. It's quite brief and not very informative at all. I've listened to every quarterly call in the last few years but they rarely if ever give out specific answers regarding management or transfers. This call won't be any different.
Yeah I suspect you are right. These calls get reported and are never very interesting. We will be once again making money hand over fist and nothing really meaty.

Esquire

I'm having to use Google translate to understand these thread title changes. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered it means "something that sounds Italian"
We are being toyed with. Can't stand much more of this. Please Jose and Ed sort it out!

Infra-red

Woodward could not answer those questions even if he wanted to. Any and all questions regarding managerial appointments will be batted away.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol:

Esquire

Woodward could not answer those questions even if he wanted to. Any and all questions regarding managerial appointments will be batted away.
I don't think that's right because it goes to the core of the business but of course, in practical terms, you are right and they will be dismissed. I'd just like to see someone ask.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
LVG won't be sacked before the final league game. That's certain. After the game, when it is confirmed that we are finishing 5th,6th or 7th, everyone will know, including him that FA Cup is his final game. He will be given a chance to resign or be sacked. He would resign so that he doesn't have to face a humiliating exit from football. He would still be given the severence package of a sacked manager. Then we will interview Mou, Poch, etc. And then hire Roberto Martinez as our manager

Adebesi

This is what they call Tantric Managerial Appointment.

You appoint the manager very, very slowly. Every time you feel you are at the point of the manager actually putting pen to paper and the deed being done, you pull back. This way yearning on all sides builds and builds and the eventual bond between the club and the manager is strengthened. When eventually we reach climax, with the manager signing his contract, the pent up excitement will result in an explosion of footballing ecstasy. Suddenly everything Woodward has been doing for the last six months will make perfect sense and nobody will ever want us to rush a managerial appointment ever again.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I'm waiting for it to say "Allora ...." - it's the catch-all "now then, let's see, so ....." word here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is what they call Tantric Managerial Appointment.

You appoint the manager very, very slowly. Every time you feel you are at the point of the manager actually putting pen to paper and the deed being done, you pull back. This way yearning on all sides builds and builds and the eventual bond between the club and the manager is strengthened. When eventually we reach climax, with the manager signing his contract, the pent up excitement will result in an explosion of footballing ecstasy. Suddenly everything Woodward has been doing for the last six months will make perfect sense and nobody will ever want us to rush a managerial appointment ever again.
And that's how you reveals that you are an edging practitioner.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Dunno mate, the merseyside press think it's going to be Koeman(literally all the newspapers have them on the front page). Now why would they go for Koeman when Mourinho is seemingly available?
Porto
Chelsea
Madrid
Inter Milan
MUFC (maybe?)

Do you really believe that Everton are in the same category to the clubs listed above?

Infra-red

I don't think that's right because it goes to the core of the business but of course, in practical terms, you are right and they will be dismissed. I'd just like to see someone ask.
Woodward cannot reveal price-sensitive information in an earnings call. Someone can ask, but it would be a waste of time.

Taxx

I'd give him two claps, tops. Both being super passive-aggressive. That's all he gets from me.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Porto
Chelsea
Madrid
Inter Milan
MUFC (maybe?)

Do you really believe that Everton are in the same category to the clubs listed above?
Nope, but then they've got the money and are playing in a league which Jose obviously prefers, nothing wrong in trying, surely?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
To be fair, if they announced it before the last game of the season, it would give LvG a chance to say his goodbyes and he would get a good reception imo. We could go to the FA Cup final looking forward to it and he would get another good reception from the crowd.
Are the goodbyes usually not done, at the last game at OT?
You think the announcement of retirement would be made at Wembley?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are the goodbyes usually not done, at the last game at OT?
You think the announcement of retirement would be made at Wembley?
I think he meant before the last league game of the season

Norris

The story is not really being picked up frantically as you would normally expect when these sort of things are true. I'm guessing, maybe formally Mourinho will sign the contract, though I would like to see how we fare if we announce it before the FA Cup final/Bournemouth game.

Esquire

Woodward cannot reveal price-sensitive information in an earnings call. Someone can ask, but it would be a waste of time.
I'm not so sure if hirning and firing of managers can be viewed as PSI. In other words, I don't think if they decide to hire Jose or fire VG they need to disclose to the SEC first. Perhaps I'm wrong on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.