BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Everyone would have laughed at the idea of Rafa joining Newcastle a month before he did, with that in mind, who could blame Everton for chancing their arm?

I bet a lot of clubs regularly talk with players that would be considered beyond them. Like us and Neymar....

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Reading on GOT ,A lot of Evertonians do appear to think they have a chance of signing Mourinho.
They have a chance, largely because Mourinho doesn't have many options, he wants to come back to England and we have a history of dithering.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
New investment, stadium, ambition, only club in his beloved England that wants him...
Perhaps it wasn't just David Moyes dithering that Summer.

We'll see how this turns out. If United aren't interested,I wouldn't begrudge Jose looking elsewhere.
Investment aside, Everton is a serious step down for him (we don't even know whether the level of investment promised is akin to the likes of Chelsea/City do we?). He'd probably rather wait a year for the United seat to be completely vacant (or maybe even other clubs to sack their managers aside from United) before taking that Everton job.

Von Mistelroum

Would love to see the fekker at Everton - like that we can see if the twat really is better than Moyes without having to put up with his slimy persona here first :lol:
Yeah me too! Then we can happily continue our boring, boring slide into mid table obscurity.

Owngoalscorer

You can just imagine SAF on the phone "Listen lad in order to get the job here you really have to have experience at Everton or the Holland national team ! Heh heh heh!"

sunama

Baghdad Bob
They approached him. It got reported. Kind of how newspapers work..
No. Not necessarily. In England, the papers can make up headlines from thin air.
For example: LVG to be sacked in January. Then February. Then err....not sure.
LVG made a song and dance over this. Remember, "Enjoy your wine and mince pies?"

Last edited:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's leading their next manager poll with 70%. Frank Da Boar is next with 15 and Koeman 7%

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Investment aside, Everton is a serious step down for him (we don't even know whether the level of investment promised is akin to the likes of Chelsea/City do we?). He'd probably rather wait a year for the United seat to be completely vacant (or maybe even other clubs to sack their managers aside from United) before taking that Everton job.
If I was Jose, I defintely wpuldbt join Everton at this stage of my career. He's already proven himself at that level.

However,I wouldn't wait another year for the United job. Because then he won't be going against the unpopular Dutch manager on his last legs,but 963 game Ryan Giggs backed by SAF and SBC. He can't win.

The United job is a great one,but it's not the only job.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Since when does Duncan Castles warrant a title change? Negative = true

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Well it's clear he badly wants to stay in England and he badly wants to get back into management asap. What other big English clubs are likely to sack their manager in the near future?

It's not like he's bound for life to Everton if he takes the job, it's probably very preferable to sitting around watching Jeremy Kyle.

Oaencha

If Mourinho goes to Everton and we keep LVG I'm going to drink 3 litres of summer berry Ribena and take a massive piss through Ed Woodward's letterbox.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If Van Gaal is still here next season, and we let Mourinho go to Everton; I will truly be hoping for terrible things to happen to those in charge. But I can't possibly see Mourinho pitching up at a middle tier club like Everton, regardless of whether we want him or not. However, I can easily see our inept board choosing to keep Vangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.