BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The fact he's waiting tells me everything I need to know. Real approached him before Zidane took the role. He could no doubt have had Valencia with Mendes' links. Inter would have taken him.

I just don't see any other job he might be waiting for.
It's all gonna happen after the FA Cup final. If the board didn't sack van Gaal after that December period, then they're not going to do it just before our most important match in the last three years.

mbb8

the idea of an angry Mourinho managing a club that is desperate for success, will do just about anything he says, is terrifying.

Mourinho is a monster at getting the absolute most out of a squad, to the point of running them into the ground. He's going to seriously push Everton to challenge for top 4, and that means more competition for us.

It makes absolute sense, now more than ever, for us to stop the creation of another competitor. We have clearly displayed that we can't match the 'big teams' in City and Arsenal and Tottenham when it comes to top 4, now throw in a powered up Everton with Mourinho and a recharged Chelsea next year it's welcome to mid-table United.

Ed Woodward, for God's sake bring in Jose and then feck off to doing nothing and let him get this club back to the top of European football. feck, it's so bloody simple!

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Ive only seen the daily star talking about mourinho to everton. There's nothing but tits and arses in that paper, including the writers.
Thats what I noticed, seems like its originated from a Daily Star story, I know ours tabloids are utterly clueless 90% of the time, but think it just about goes up to 100% shite with that paper, jesus christ, as soon as you see a rumour and the source is the star, you immediately discount it altogether.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know I'm in the tiny, tiny minority but I actually think the club should let Van Gaal finish his season while we are still playing for something. 4th and an FA Cup would be an acceptable finish to an unacceptable season and still we'd have enough reason to let him go and he could go out as a winner, saving some face.

I don't like the idea of a Manager coming in and taking over for a final and I like even less the idea of Giggs being gifted the chance of winning an easy trophy as a manager. It's the worst thing that could happen for him.

Rednotdead

the idea of an angry Mourinho managing a club that is desperate for success, will do just about anything he says, is terrifying.

Mourinho is a monster at getting the absolute most out of a squad, to the point of running them into the ground. He's going to seriously push Everton to challenge for top 4, and that means more competition for us.

It makes absolute sense, now more than ever, for us to stop the creation of another competitor. We have clearly displayed that we can't match the 'big teams' in City and Arsenal and Tottenham when it comes to top 4, now throw in a powered up Everton with Mourinho and a recharged Chelsea next year it's welcome to mid-table United.

Ed Woodward, for God's sake bring in Jose and then feck off to doing nothing and let him get this club back to the top of European football. feck, it's so bloody simple!
No rush, he's not going to go anywhere near Everton - or anywhere else for that matter - until or unless we knock him back.

mbb8

No rush, he's not going to go anywhere near Everton - or anywhere else for that matter - until or unless we knock him back.
this whole no rush philosophy cost us top 4, and possibly the league, back in December.

Natener

I know I'm in the tiny, tiny minority but I actually think the club should let Van Gaal finish his season while we are still playing for something. 4th and an FA Cup would be an acceptable finish to an unacceptable season and still we'd have enough reason to let him go and he could go out as a winner, saving some face.

I don't like the idea of a Manager coming in and taking over for a final and I like even less the idea of Giggs being gifted the chance of winning an easy trophy as a manager. It's the worst thing that could happen for him.
Where are you getting this idea from?:confused:

itso 7

The fact he's waiting tells me everything I need to know. Real approached him before Zidane took the role. He could no doubt have had Valencia with Mendes' links. Inter would have taken him.

I just don't see any other job he might be waiting for.
Right on, Mourinho has clearly been put on ice and his camp is too smart to make him wait this long without something concrete. He has a job but its just a matter of managing the optics because on his part he wouldn't want to appear as the man that pushed his mentor out whilst on ours Woodward probably gave Van Gaal the chance to rescue his legacy and riding off on a high. If Jose didn't have a better offer he would have signed for Inter where he is still seen as a God.

Adebesi

Are you? I agree, I assumed there were quite a few of us.

Perrick Dubois

Aren't most people in that basket? I'm in the "I don't really care, just deal with it before next season starts" basket. Even if he stays, it is just one year and I won't be able to watch United much through next season anyway so come 2018 and the WC I will be back in the game. The little possession love-fest should be well and truly over by then.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

lol, relax

Adebesi

I dont see why he shouldn't seriously consider the Everton job. If the owner there is serious about making money available, and if he is serious about wanting to stay on England, it's something to consider. I'm sure he would rather manage us, and if we have given him assurances (as I believe we have) then obviously it won't happen. But if we're genuinely dithering he should be looking at backup plans. It seems he doesn't have an embarrassment of options available to him, can he afford to turn his nose up at a club with money to spend in his preferred league? Get them into the top 4 and it would be considered a success.

Rockets Redglare

It's all gonna happen after the FA Cup final. If the board didn't sack van Gaal after that December period, then they're not going to do it just before our most important match in the last three years.
Exactly, if we win LVG can leave with some dignity having won a trophy and claim he did a good job. If we lose he can be sacked for not hitting any of his targets, it's a win-win situation.

mbb8

lol, relax
this attitude that we are some golden crown that every manager wants to wear is ridiculous (as proven by Pep). If Everton come in with a great offer, Mourinho will take it. He's not stupid. He'll get his money and the media circus. For Jose, there is no 'step down' job. He's a whole brand onto himself. He will have all the attention he wants at Everton. You think the media will sit around focusing on the boring bran flake that is Pep or the old raisin Wenger? Nope. Jose loves the EPL for a reason. He's understands the media and the media love him. That's half the battle won already by Everton. Next up, offer him the chance to build a team into a European contendor. All a manager like Jose wants is financial backing, which is why he wants a 'big club'. But if Everton can provide that, he won't turn them down because they are not us.

MDFC Manager

this attitude that we are some golden crown that every manager wants to wear is ridiculous. If Everton come in with a great offer, Mourinho will take it. He's not stupid. He'll get his money and the media circus. For Jose, there is no 'step down' job. He's a whole brand onto himself. He will have all the attention he wants at Everton. You think the media will sit around focusing on the boring bran flake that is Pep or the old raisin Wenger? Nope. Jose loves the EPL for a reason. He's understands the media and the media love him. That's half the battle won already by Everton. Next up, offer him the chance to build a team into a European contendor. All a manager like Jose wants is financial backing, which is why he wants a 'big club'. But if Everton can provide that, he won't turn them down because they are not us.
Everton can't provide him any kind of financial backing, let alone give him the wages he commands.

Ixion

Mourinho to Everton would make about as much sense as Moyes to United.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
EPL TV revenue say hi.
It's all relative. They get the same share everyone else in the EPL gets only with less to supplement it than the top sides.

Rednotdead

this attitude that we are some golden crown that every manager wants to wear is ridiculous (as proven by Pep). If Everton come in with a great offer, Mourinho will take it. He's not stupid. He'll get his money and the media circus. For Jose, there is no 'step down' job. He's a whole brand onto himself. He will have all the attention he wants at Everton. You think the media will sit around focusing on the boring bran flake that is Pep or the old raisin Wenger? Nope. Jose loves the EPL for a reason. He's understands the media and the media love him. That's half the battle won already by Everton. Next up, offer him the chance to build a team into a European contendor. All a manager like Jose wants is financial backing, which is why he wants a 'big club'. But if Everton can provide that, he won't turn them down because they are not us.
Wrong in every respect. Why do you think he's been waiting all this time? Everton aren't Utd and never will be. Money doesn't make history and standing within the game.

MDFC Manager

EPL TV revenue say hi.
:confused:
Everton sit in 12th place in the league.

Their revenues last year were comparable to the likes of West Ham, Southampton and Leicester... They cannot afford Mourinho's wages, let alone those of the players he'd want.

Acquire Me

Mourinho is not going to Everton. Why discuss that? We should rather discuss if Messi would join Liverpool :lol:

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
tldr lolol

Ixion

Since Mourinho left Porto there is no job he has taken that would suggest he'd even entertain the idea of managing Everton.

mbb8

Since Mourinho left Porto there is no job he has taken that would suggest he'd even entertain the idea of managing Everton.
Chelsea don't want him.
Arsenal don't want him.
City don't want him.
We (by all accounts) don't want him.

Times have changed. Everton is his best bet to stay in England. As for other countries, Bayern don't want him, same for Madrid and Barca.

Acquire Me

Chelsea don't want him.
Arsenal don't want him.
City don't want him.
We (by all accounts) don't want him.

Times have changed. Everton is his best bet to stay in England. As for other countries, Bayern don't want him, same for Madrid and Barca.
Are you on a wind up? Everton is not going to happen :lol:

Hammerfell

Yeah it might be the hideously arrogant United fan in me saying this but there's not a chance he goes to Everton. Can't blame them for trying though.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So it seems we're stuck for another Season with Van Gaal - how depressing!

NJM78

Dither and hesitate two of the most commonly used words to describe United since summer 2013.

SteveW

So it seems the vast majority of people here desperately want Mourinho.

Is there anyone who finds this a bit odd though? A year or two ago most United fans despised this smug c**t. How can we suddenly love him so much?

I get that the club are in a bad place and need a good manager but Mourinho to me just doesn't feel right for this club. Even if we start winning it will feel a little bit tainted and wrong imo.

SteveW

You seem a little bit wound up. Mourinho to Everton is highly unlikely. Mourinho turning Everton into a great team seems more unlikely still. He's a good manager but not the fcking miracle worker you seem to think he is.

NJM78

Is there anyone who finds this a bit odd though? A year or two ago most United fans despised this smug c**t. How can we suddenly love him so much?

I get that the club are in a bad place and need a good manager but Mourinho to me just doesn't feel right for this club. Even if we start winning it will feel a little bit tainted and wrong imo.
I have never despised him or disliked him and always wanted him as a manager if SAF ever left. Yes he's a controversial clown at times but I just want the best at this club, always will so that's Pep or Jose and only one is available and would love to manage us. As for other fans, cant comment.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox

Most fans don't know what they want, at the moment (probably myself included).

Many of the same people who'll claim they support United for every reason other than 'winning' are the same ones who are suddenly desperate for Mourinho because, despite his flaws/drawbacks, he usually wins at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.