BBC: United hold talks with Mourinho

Would you be happy to see Jose Mourinho become next United manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Haha calm down. There's a definite pattern of him leaving clubs in disarray after 3 seasons. It's not bullshit as you call it. Most of his jobs have ended this way.
He left Chelsea first time around. They finished second and he had a row with Roman. He left Madrid in second.

I would love that sort of "disarray" as you call it. The only time it has went bad for him was this season. But Chelsea have hardly improved since he left under Hiddink.

NJM78

Destroying teams?

What are you going on about? His Madrid team was so destroyed they won the champions league. Before he came along they couldn't even get past the last 16. Did pep destroy Bayern?

His first spell at Chelsea they were destroyed weren't they. Are people still spouting these ridiculous facts about Mourinho. Funny how they always forget his last years at Inter or Porto

Managers rarely leave on their own terms at Madrid or Chelsea. They get sacked. Mourinho was the second longest Madrid manager in the last 30 years. But don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit. His first spell at Chelsea was the longest reign any manager has had under Roman.

Mourinho easily could have stayed 10 years at Inter. But then you would moan he can only do it in Italy.
Was just typing near enough the same reply although leaving out the bullshit remark ;).
I definitely agree with SteveW with regards to a lot of people have changed their tune about wanting him in charge but not about the rest. Controversial yes but he doesn't destroy clubs he gives clubs success, even Chelsea players like Fabregas, Hazard have come out since he was fired saying they let him down this season as that is a team clearly under performing.
Jose doesn't win everything of course which manager does? At the end of the day van Gaal has turned his first shit season with us into a second where we have regressed in near enough every way and if he gets a third season I wouldn't put money on us getting in the top 6 next year and then who takes us over...Giggs. I fecking hope not.

Drifter

American
So it seems the vast majority of people here desperately want Mourinho.

Is there anyone who finds this a bit odd though? A year or two ago most United fans despised this smug c**t. How can we suddenly love him so much?

I get that the club are in a bad place and need a good manager but Mourinho to me just doesn't feel right for this club. Even if we start winning it will feel a little bit tainted and wrong imo.

Find it's the norm on here. There was a time that LVG was worshiped .Cafe even went orange for awhile

Asger

He isnt but we don't really have a choice now. LVG has to go and Pep Poch and Ancellotti are unavailable

Mou is still a very good manager ifnot exactly ideal/perfect
And people think that this two would be more long term than Mourinho? :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You never disliked him at any stage. Even when he was being a smug, cheating, c**t at one of our biggest rivals and buying titles with Abramovich's money. I find that strange.
I didnt, most United fans I knew had massive respect for him and wanted him as our next manager. Yeah he could be a knob at times but so could Fergie. He's always seemed to show respect to our club, the comments after our exit to his Madrid side in the champs league furthers that.

Asger

They'd both stay for at least a decade, mate. Forget about their previous records.
Haha, so why not forget Mourinho records too? He could be a long term if those two can be it... I at least will be surprised if Pep will be longer than 2-3 years at City..

Bojan11

Not long term no, buy maybe better for the academy players
Ancelottis youth record is the same as Mourinhos.

Guardiola has been at two clubs where the youth set up is miles ahead of everyone. Maybe @Balu can let us know how many players he promoted at Bayern. It will be interesting to see how many City player he promotes.

Hammerfell

Haha, so why not forget Mourinho records too? He could be a long term if those two can be it... I at least will be surprised if Pep will be longer than 2-3 years at City..
It's almost as if I was being sarcastic. ;)

SteveW

He left Chelsea first time around. They finished second and he had a row with Roman.

He left Madrid in second.

I would love that sort of "disarray" as you call it. The only time it has went bad for him was this season. But Chelsea have hardly improved since he left under Hiddink.
They were in 8th place when he "left" Chelsea the first time. He was fighting with most of the Real squad by the time he left them. Chelsea were about 15th when he got sacked this season.

Disarray

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Guardiola has been at two clubs where the youth set up is miles ahead of everyone. Maybe @Balu can let us know how many players he promoted at Bayern. It will be interesting to see how many City player he promotes.
No one, he played weiser a little bit and then sold him to Hertha.

Edit: He left as a free agent.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They were in 8th place when he "left" Chelsea the first time. He was fighting with most of the Real squad by the time he left them. Chelsea were about 15th when he got sacked this season.

Disarray
He left in september at 2 points of the second. Disarray.

Bojan11

Disarray
They played 4 games the first time he left. Avram Grant got them to second ffs that season. They would have pushed us if Jose was in charge. A lot of Man Utd supporters were doing cartwheels the first time he left which says it all.

So tell me how many Madrid or Chelsea managers have lasted longer than Jose?

So yeah disarray. Keep posting shit and you might get a blue peter badge.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I've said this before, but I think if we get Mourinho, he'll be here for the long haul.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

We have quite a few good players coming through too. I think Mou will suprise a few people though anyway

mbb8

Disarray
lol. He decided to drop Saint Iker. which was the right call, and something that Carlo persisted with. Mourinho had the balls to do something most managers wouldn't dare. He lost is job over it but he wasn't going to back down because a bunch of primadonnas wanted things their way.

Andy_Cole

I've said this before, but I think if we get Mourinho, he'll be here for the long haul.
I think he'd be here for over 10 years. We're a club that wants a long term manager and I believe Jose wants a club that wants him long term.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
They were in 8th place when he "left" Chelsea the first time.
:wenger:

Chelsea league record when Mourinho departed: WWDWLD. 11 points in 6 games, and level with eventual winners Manchester United. Incredible disarray and destruction of the club - so much so than a few months later, they finished 2nd in the league, reached the final of the European Cup, and the final of the League Cup.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2007-2008/table/2007-09-22

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Haha calm down. There's a definite pattern of him leaving clubs in disarray after 3 seasons. It's not bullshit as you call it. Most of his jobs have ended this way.
Which jobs have ended in disarray apart from Chelsea in 2015?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
:wenger:

Chelsea league record when Mourinho departed: WWDWLD. 11 points in 6 games, and level with eventual winners Manchester United. Incredible disarray and destruction of the club - so much so than a few months later, they finished 2nd in the league, reached the final of the European Cup, and the final of the League Cup.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2007-2008/table/2007-09-22
And one of the draws was against Liverpool which was a tough game at the time

mbb8

I think he'd be here for over 10 years. We're a club that wants a long term manager and I believe Jose wants a club that wants him long term.
exactly.
no one lasts at Real and Chelsea.
Let's not forget that he's the man that won 3 out 4 league titles for Chelsea in the past 12 years. Any other club and he'd be untouchable. But Abramovich be Abramovich,

Varun

Staff
exactly.
no one lasts at Real and Chelsea.
Let's not forget that he's the man that won 3 out 4 league titles for Chelsea in the past 12 years. Any other club and he'd be untouchable. But Abramovich be Abramovich,
No, the way his season at Chelsea went, he had to be sacked. Even we'd struggle to justify keeping a manager in that situation and we're terrible at the sacking malarkey

mbb8

No, the way his season at Chelsea went, he had to be sacked. Even we'd struggle to justify keeping a manager in that situation and we're terrible at the sacking malarkey
what? nope. he'd just won them the league. And the results since his departure have not in anyway justified him sacking. He got just about as much as you can out of the squad last year and pushed them to the title. If you recall, they were getting 1-0 and 0-0 near the end and were clearly on fumes.

His requests for buying players were not met and it was clear there was major tensions brewing. No Chelsea fan wanted him sacked.

SteveW

Haha alright everyone. I though things were a bit worse when he left Chelsea the first time. My bad

Natener

Some people still banging on about the academy without fully grasping what the meaning of youth policy was meant to be at United. It was not meant for us to promote youngsters for the sake of playing youth. It was to develop an academy capable of producing quality good enough for the first team. That was what Sir Matt wanted in the first place and what Sir Alex worked on early in his term. If we just wanted to play academy players then screw signing players like Young, Vidic, Evra, Saha. SAF could have just gotten only world class players and fill the rest with youth. When the academy provides quality worthy of first team, they will get their chances, even under Mourinho.

MDFC Manager

what? nope. he'd just won them the league. And the results since his departure have not in anyway justified him sacking. He got just about as much as you can out of the squad last year and pushed them to the title. If you recall, they were getting 1-0 and 0-0 near the end and were clearly on fumes.

His requests for buying players were not met and it was clear there was major tensions brewing. No Chelsea fan wanted him sacked.
He completely deserved the sack at Chelsea this season. He had well and truly lost the plot.

Red For Ever

I would hope so, but I am not so sure it would happen

Eric Cantona had the same reputation for not staying long anywhere until he arrived at United

mbb8

He completely deserved the sack at Chelsea this season. He had well and truly lost the plot.
so ignore the recent past or the current circumstances (as in the complete vanishing of PFA Player of the Year Eden Hazard) and just take the rough patch as the fault of the manager?

He made it very clear in the summer that he needed players, and their board failed to get them even one quality starter. That squad needed several players.

Status
Not open for further replies.